It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evidence For Jesus' Existence Is Nothing But Hearsay

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I personally think Jesus and all religion started and was created by man to explain the misunderstood. Keep in mind all history is tweaked by opinion, "ALL HISTORY". or... "His-Story" Evidence or not of Jesus, religion does 2 things:

It separates people and... ( War )
It unites people ( Peace )

I think the most important and ultimately realistic approach to the importance of religion is the idea that is associated with it. Everyone is in a battle to convert others to their own personal beliefs or explain why their personal beliefs and religion is better than someone else's. Why is this so important? Because deep down we feel a sense or more so a need for unity with those and the world around us. By us thinking we know what he have learned from life's experiences, school or religion we tend to set stakes in the ground and say THIS IS THE WAY IT IS!, ultimately leaving us blind to new approaches and means of explanation. Something happens to very religious people. They seem to explain most things with a religious approach instead of the realistic way. They seem to not think things through past their personal beliefs or even allow a different approach into what they don't understand. This is my personal opinion on "some" of these people so religiously set. I am not saying it is just awful and I am not saying I agree. I respect all your opinions and experiences. All I am trying to say is that something is wrong with religion and that we as a whole are growing blinder and blinder due to such hard ingrained traditions, Therefore creating war and mayhem. I think we all need to realize every mans journey is his own and keep an open mind. I have been down the road of religion and this is only my take. Also I have noticed that people who don't find meaning or purpose in their life are willing to do whatever is necessary to find such. Whether it be believing in some crazy cult to thinking bigfoot is cain and that aliens abduct us because of the amount of spam we eat. Face reality and eventually you will conquer it. Running and falling victim by closing your mind and setting stakes only hurts you...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Though I have no emotional stake one way or the other, my personal preference would be for Jesus to have really existed; yet not agree with those of the religion in his name. Principally, I want to believe he would be very much at odds with the notion of his being a sacrifice/lightning rod/scapegoat for anyone's sins. I want to believe the brave man who overturned the money-grubbers' tables, per one of the Gospels, was crucified BECAUSE of that act. I want to believe he was simply a fearless, charismatic hippie to whom liars later managed to give magical, Master of the Universe powers... as I see it.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Lightworth]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightworth

I agree. I would love it if the bible was right (would need to be self agreeing first though) and a Jesus existed as described.

But it's just wishful thinking combined with conviction. That's not the standard that I would use widely in my life.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Why know when you can have the truth shown to you by God. ITs called praying and if you ask God he will reveal things to you. Honesty is the goal. God bless

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

And if God is there he is going to be wise enough to use quantifiable evidence of history rather than use peoples tendency to convince themselves of things supported by no evidence

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
reply to post by Lightworth

That's not the standard that I would use widely in my life.

Nor widely in mine. Sometimes my active imagination can be mistaken for emotional attachment. I have other and better things to think about... A congratulations of a sort should go to Obama. May it be easier for the real forward-thinkers to become popular enough under his regime than it's been under the Repugnicans.

add: Or it can't hurt to hope.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Lightworth]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

AGREED! to me it sounds a little strange and for lack of a better word, deranged for a God to make us go our whole life knowing nothing except word of mouth and then expecting us to believe in him and be saved with absolutely nothing to go on? Assuming God is intelligent and merciful we would receive enough evidence to support the claims and have a real reason to believe other than just believing with nothing.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Read,Mathew,Mark,and John,the 4 gospels,they after all are eyewittness accounts,or do you wish to be willingly ignorant,you were made with free will you know.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
As for me and my house, we will worship the Lord!

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Read,Mathew,Mark,and John,the 4 gospels,

Haha.
That's 3, not 4.

Originally posted by Anonymous ATSthey after all are eyewittness accounts,

Wow.
You don't even know the dogma of your own religion !

Even according to the standard Christian story, Mark was NOT an apostle and was NOT an eye-witness - he was Peter's secretary in Rome.

So too Luke -
Even according to the standard Christian story, Luke was NOT an apostle and was NOT an eye-witness - he was Paul's travelling companion.

It appears you don't even know the basic stories of your own religion.

(And - contemporary NT experts agree that NONE of the Gospels, indeed NONE of the New Testament, was written by anyone who met Jesus.)

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
or do you wish to be willingly ignorant,you were made with free will you know.

Typical Christian hypocrisy -

A faithful believer who is ignorant of his OWN religion's stories plays the "ignorance" card.

K.

[edit on 9-11-2008 by Kapyong]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

Well said.

There are some strange things in the narratives that are called Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Not only are they not written by anyone who meet Jesus, they at times just plain don't make sense. One thing that always confused me was that Jesus went away from everyone, went off by himself into the forest or the desert. While he was on his lonesome he talked to God or Satan respectively. How did the writers know what he they said if no one was there to witness the conversations?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Jesus was real, people kept some of his bones but now no one knows where they are.

Just as The spear holds some of his DNA in blood form, that can be Reanimated.[remember on tv people looking for the True bloodlines of Jesus, this is why....they need a 'Pureblood' to cross the DNA with to create the second coming!)

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

ah needed a good laugh.

The spear doesn't date back to jesus' times, analysis informs us. And I don't recall in the bible Jesus ever leaving a corpse, so where did the bones come from?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I know what they tell you.. and what other people are told...................

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus

I know what they tell you.. and what other people are told...................

And I'm sure I can readily work out what your imagining.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
lol, you two have too much time on your hand!!!!

OT

just kiddin'

[edit on 9-11-2008 by OldThinker]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Unlikely, what am i thinking know?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus

Unlikely, what am i thinking know?

"Know?" Perhaps you mean now? How should I know? That's not what I was getting at. But this is hardly an intellectual discussion any more.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

i am dyslexcia sorry about that! thats why i prefer to make pictures, and art

no spelling mistakes in pictures.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Did Robin Hood exist? Lots of people believe he did, but there is no evidence. Same with King Arthur many people believe in King Arthur but it was based on a fictional story. Hercules did many of the things that Jesus allegedly did including being the son of a God! It is amazing how similar they were, did he exist?

So who knew Jesus and why is there nothing written by these people at the time he lived?
Why is there nothing written by Jesus in his hand?
Why is there no Roman Record of Jesses execution?

Something that would not be left out. Romans documented everything and would not have missed this very important execution of a rebel and heretic and who they would have seen as a traitor. It would have been documented in every Roman city and colony to set an example to others!

Who made the Bible?

Where are the original documents? Or is it just a bunch of made up stories.

So if you believe Jesus existed what is the undeniable proof? Or do you believe because of Faith and need no proof?

Was there a robin hood, no, but it was no doubt based on one or more persons who did wonderful deeds. Same with King Arthur based on one or more kings but most likely just a story of fiction.

Do you believe in Cinderella, snow white and sleeping beauty? We these stories existed to one or another extent in most European countries, but they never existed.

I will tell you my idea. The bible and Jesus were made up to create new religion ie mind control.

The ignorant peasants were not happy the rulers and religious leaders. They eat had clean water, wine and beer, and a nice place to live. Peasants were about to rebel.

So Christianity was created to put a scare in the ignorant peasants, Behave or burn in hell forever! And it worked! Still works to this day for the same reasons!

So, Jesus either came from stories accidently, or was created by those in control to make a “way out” for the peasants. Be nice and confess your sins and you will be saved or burn in Hell forever.
Then the monarchy’s and the religious leaders are safe! And the ignorant, uneducated, starving and disease ridden peasants are scared into submission by Christianity!

See this site, From what I have seen of it it looks good. www.freethought.mbdojo.com...

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join