It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Age Version of the Rapture

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It's been said MANY times before...

BOTH sides are awaiting the rapture. The demons (spirit guides) need to give their human chanellers a reasoning for this so they will not attribute the act to God, but will still maintain their beliefs in the New Age religion.

Here is a fantastic read done by a man of God who infiltrated a Theosophy Society meting and they say the same thing. That right before their "christ" (antichrist) appears to the world, there will be a great deportation of people who will refuse to submit to him. (Rapture)

That they won't be killed or commit suicide, but they will "elect to leave to another dimension".

At this point, I raised my hand and asked, 'How do these people do this, Bill? No one can simply declare his spirit to leave this world. Do these people commit suicide?' Bill answered emphatically, "NO". He said,"I do not know how it will happen, but these people will leave this dimension."

After much thought, I have concluded that Bill is talking about the Rapture of the Church. He refused to say that these people would be killed, and we know the Bible teaches that Anti-Christ will not begin killing Christians until the mid-point of the Great Tribulation. But, Bill is saying that the timing of the departure of the people of Group #3 is immediately after the appearance of the Christ; and the method of their leaving is mysteriously voluntary. I believe the Guiding Spirits of the New Age leaders have created this story as a means of explaining the world-wide Rapture of the Church. Thus, when the Rapture occurs, people will not credit God and will continue being deceived.

www.thegeorgiaguidestones.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Kind of like going to a re-education camp in Cambodia and finding out too late you were marching off to the killing fields.
That was funded by the black government.
It may have been practice. They like to try things out, first, on a small scale, to study it, to see how to make it work better, when the full scale operation goes down.
The low level minions will be given the propaganda, so they will go along with carrying out the operation.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
To everyone who does not think there will be a rapture read this
I did not write this but they posted it somewhere where everyone was welcome to copy it.
TYPES OF THE BRIDE OF CHRIST AND THE PRETRIB RAPTURE (From the Old Testament and New)

Types in the Bible are a Shadow of (GOOD things to come), and not the very image of the thing, Heb 10:1. What do these Types reveal about Christ's Bride?
There are now some Christians who don't believe that the Church is the Bride of Christ as strange as that sounds. There are those who don't believe in the Pre-Trib Rapture even though it is the most widely held view among Evangelicals. These people are left with no explanation for the types in the Bible that clearly reveal a Pre-Trib Rapture for the Bride of Christ! These people can not explain why some types in the Bible only add to a Pre Trib view, and sadly, many of them don't seem to care what the scripture reveals. Their minds are made up and don't confuse them with anything from the Word. They are left trying to explain away how Joseph married, Asenath a gentile bride (before the seven years of famine) and how it means nothing! Looking at the life of Joseph, a Type of Christ in the Old Testament we see too many comparisons in his life and his Marriage to ignore. The life of Isaac and his Marriage to Rebekah is another revealing type that only shows a Pre Trib position not Tribulation for his Bride.

Joseph A Type Of Christ
Joseph was a Shepherd as is Christ, Gen 37:2 John 10-11
Joseph was 30 years old when he began his Ministry as was Christ, Gen 41:46, Luke 3:23
Joseph was “beloved” of his father as was Jesus
Joseph was sent unto his brethren, so was Jesus
Joseph's brethren refused to receive him, so did the brethren of Jesus
Joseph was sold by his brethren, so was Jesus, Gen 37:27-28, Matt 26:15
Joseph was unjustly accused and condemned, Gen 39:13-14, as was Jesus
Joseph and Jesus were silent before their accusers, Gen 39:20, Mark 15:4
Joseph was buried in prison, so was Jesus in the Tomb of Joseph
Joseph was resurrected from prison and exalted to sit with Pharoah on his throne, so Jesus was resurrected and exalted to sit on His Father's Throne.
Joseph on the throne became the dispenser of bread to starving Egypt, so Jesus on His Father's Throne is the “Bread of Life” for a perishing world. Gen 41:57
Joseph knew his brethren the first time, but they did not know him, so Jesus knew His brethren when He came the first time but they knew him not. Gen 42:7-8
Joseph made himself known to his brethren when they came the “Second time”, so Jesus will be recognized by the Jews when He comes the Second Time. Gen 45:3-4
After Joseph's revelation of himself to his brethren, they proclaim that he hast saved their lives, Gen 47:25. So when Jesus reveals Himself to His brethren the Jews they will proclaim Him alive and the Saviour Of Mankind.

MORE ON NEXT POST

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Joseph then establishes his brethren and their families in the “land of Goshen”, Gen 45:10, so Jesus will re-establish the Jews in the Land Of Palestine.
The life of Joseph clearly parallels the Life of Christ. Now, when we get to looking at (the marriage of Joseph) all these types are a shadow of GOOD things to come and they add weight to the argument for a Pre Tribulation Rapture of the Bride of Christ. To argue against this is to do damage to the beauty and harmony of what the scripture is revealing.
After Joseph was exalted he got, Asenath, a Gentile Bride, so Jesus will get a Gentile Bride after his resurrection-- The Church.
AFTER Joseph got his (gentile bride) his brethren (then) suffered a SEVEN YEAR FAMINE and they came to him for corn, so AFTER Jesus gets His Bride, His brethren, the Jews, will turn to him, during the time of “Jacobs Trouble”, “Daniel's 70th week”, the “Tribulation”, for relief. The famine in Egypt is a picture of (The World), so the type shows a 7 year period of tribulation on the known world Egypt. This shows a clear Type of Gentile Bride for Joseph and how he gets his Bride BEFORE the Tribulation on the known WORLD just as Christ will get his Bride before the Tribulation on the World.
It becomes very hard to argue with the flow and harmony of scripture when we look at the types throughout the Bible that only add clear insight for a Pre-Trib Rapture of the Church, which is the Bride of Christ. It is evident that there are many different TYPES throughout scripture that help us as believers to know the TRUE meaning of GOOD things to come. We will see these meanings revealed if we don't ignore or disregard what scripture is plainly saying.

Abraham is a type of God
Sarah is a type of Israel
Isaac is a type of Jesus
Eliezer is a type of the Holy Spirit
Rebekah is a type of the Church
Keturah a type of Israel Restored
There will be those who still (resist the obvious) about the types in the Bible which are the GOOD things to come. It seems that some people would rather hope for bad things but the Bible clearly reveals a Pre-Tribulation Rapture for the Church or (Bride of Christ). Let's see if we can find another plain and obvious type in scripture.

Abraham is a type of God
Isaac is a Type of Christ
Both Isaac and Christ were Children of Promise, Gen 15:4 Isa 7:14
The birth of both were Pre-Announced Gen 18:10 Luke 1:30-31
Both were named Before their birth, Isaac- Gen 17:19 Jesus- 1:31
Both had a miracle birth
Sarah was Barren
Mary was a virgin
Both Isaac and Christ called only Son, Gen 22:2 Heb 11:17 and John 3:16
Both Isaac and Christ were mocked and persecuted by their own Kindred. Gen 21:9-10 Gal 4:28-29 Matt 27:29
Neither Isaac or Christ had Broken the Law that they should be executed for. Gen 22:2 Matt 27:24
Isaac carried the wood on which he was to die like Christ carried his Own Cross. Gen 22:6 John 19:17
Isaac went willingly to the alter, so Christ went willingly to the Cross. Gen 22:9 John 10:17
Isaac taken to Mt Moriah or Calvary, to be offered Gen 22:1-2 where Christ died
Both apparently given up or Forsaken by His Father. Gen 22:2 Matt 27:46
In both cases God intervened!
So if Isaac's Life so closely parallels that of Christ then why wouldn't his marriage to Rebekah parallel the marriage of Christ to his Bride? There will be those who still try and act like none of this means anything concerning the Rapture of the Church, but at some point we must stop fighting against what scripture is plainly revealing through teaching and in Type.
What was the role that Eliezer played and what does that reveal about Christ and His bride?
Eliezer A Type Of The Holy Spirit
As Eliezer was a servant of Abraham, so the Holy Spirit is a Servant of God. Gen 15:1-2
As Eliezer's mission was to go to Haran and get a bride for Isaac, so the Holy Spirit has been sent from Heaven to get a Bride For Christ.
As Eliezer was not sent to get a bride for Isaac until AFTER he was typically offered up, so the Holy Spirit was Not sent to get a Bride for Christ until AFTER His Death and Resurrection.
As Eliezer did not talk about himself, but his Master's son, so the Holy Spirit does not talk about Himself, But About Christ.
As Eliezer was urgent, so the Holy Spirit is Urgent. Gen 24:53-56 2Cor 6:2
As Eliezer by the precious gifts he gave Rebekah revealed the wealth of his Master Isaac, so the Holy Spirit by his Gifts gives us a foretaste of what is in store for the Bride of Christ, the Church.
When Eliezer got Rebekah's consent to be the Bride of Isaac, He Himself took her back; he did not send her back while he remained with her kinsfolk. So when the Bride, the Church, is ready the Holy Spirit will go back to heaven with her. Rev 4:5

Rebekah a clear type of the Bride Of Christ.
As Rebekah was a Virgin so the Church will be presented as Espoused Virgin to Christ. Gen 24:16, 2Cor 11:2.
As Rebekah believed and yielded to the pleadings of Eliezer, so the Church believes and yields to the pleadings of the Holy Spirit.
As Rebekah was willing to separate herself from her kinsfolk for Isaac's sake, so the Believer is willing to separate himself from his kinsfolk for Jesus Sake. Gen 24:57-58.
Her family proclaimed unto Rebekah, “be thou the mother of thousands of millions, and let thy seed possess the gate of those which hate thee” Gen 24:60. As the Church will bring thousands of millions of believers to Christ.....
As Eliezer on the way to Isaac told Rebekah all about his Master Isaac, and what was in store for her, so the Holy Spirit as we journey on our earthly pilgrimage tells us what is in store for us when we shall meet our Isaac----Jesus.
As Rebekah was a Gentile bride, so the Church of Christ is a Gentile Bride.
As Rebekah did NOT have to pass through ANY tribulation before she left her home to go to Isaac, so the Church will NOT have to pass through the Tribulation before meeting Jesus. Rev 4:1.
As Isaac left his home and went out into the field to meet Rebekah, so Jesus himself will Descend from heaven to meet His Bride, the Church in the air. Gen 24:63, 1Thess 4:16-18
As it was “eventide” when Isaac met Rebekah, so it will be the (Eventide of this Dispensation of Grace) when Jesus meets His Bride, the Church. Gen 24:63.
As Isaac (came from the well of La-hai-roi) Gen 24:62, which means the PRESENCE of HIM that Liveth and Seeth! So Christ will leave his Fathers Presence who Liveth and Seeth, to go out and meditate in the field and me
MORE AT NEXT POST

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The Apostle John in Rev 4:1 as a TYPE of the Church being Translated or Raptured to heaven after he hears a TRUMPET that says to, COME UP HITHER, see also Rev 1:10. John was then immediately in the Spirit before the Throne and most Evangelicals would say that this is a picture or type of the Rapture of the Church, but there is even more in chapter 4 of Revelation that points to a Pre Trib Rapture. In verse 4, The 24 Elders are now in Heaven also! WHO ARE THEY? They are the Old Testament Saints representing the Twelve Tribes of Israel along with the 12 Apostles! Notice they are in HEAVEN before the Throne! see (Rev 21:2-4) so this is a clear picture of the Rapture, or First Resurrection. In verse 5 it also shows the seven Spirits of God before the Throne! In Vine's Bible Dictionary it points out that seven spirits of God is a term to show the completeness and perfectness of. This is an indication that indeed the Holy Spirit's work is completed on the earth for the (Church age) and (Now) he is seen in Heaven before the Throne!

So, John hears the TRUMPET and has been CAUGHT UP to Heaven and he sees the 24 Elders in Heaven and the Holy Spirit is now in Heaven. This gives clear evidence for a Pre Tribulation Rapture of the Church! Mid Trib or Post Trib views of the Rapture won't fit here at all. If John is a type of Church being Raptured, then what he sees is what we the Church will witness during the rest of the book of Revelations! John referred to himself as the disciple that Jesus loved at least 3 times in the Gospel of John. If what we are seeing here is really a love story of GOOD things to come, then it certainly fits that John representing a TYPE of the Church in Rev 4:1 is truly the Beloved! It shows Jesus love for his Bride in (John the Beloved). This only fits with the Rapture of the Church at the start of the Tribulation! The Holy Spirit had John point out the Love that the Lord had for, John the Beloved for a distinct reason, to show that we (his Bride) will be removed from the earth at the start of Rev 4! If John is a TYPE of the Church it is noteworthy also that he was the only Apostle that WAS NOT martyred! Why is that important, because there are those people who assume that the Church will be martyred during the Tribulation. If John is a type of the Church (beloved) then the Church will not be martyred.

These are all Biblical Types that reveal a Pre-Trib Rapture of the Church and in John the Beloved's case an actual picture of the Church and Old Testament Saints along with the Holy Spirit now in Heaven and all this has happened by Revelation 4:1-5! Like the Angel said to Lot, “hurry, escape there, for I can not do anything until you arrive there...” The Angel could not let the Judgment start until lot was safely removed from Sodom and Gomorrah. The time of Judgment and Tribulation on the earth cannot start until the Church is Raptured out of this world. This is because, it will be a time of purging out the sinners of Israel and Judgment on the World to bring in the Millennial Kingdom. This is when we see the Lamb in chapter 5 take the Book out of the hand of the father because all Judgment has been given to the Son. At this point Jesus is no longer sitting on the Throne of Grace and Judgment is about to begin.
For God has not appointed us to wrath. 1Thess 5:9

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Now there are a few things in there that I dont really think I agree with (only when he adds his commentarys )but it was very good at describing the types of Christ in the OT .
We know the word says that the OT was written for example
I also believe that was has been before will be again nothing new under the sun
And I also believe that everything that happened then is a type (not exact ) but a type of things to come .And that everything anyone ever needs to know to find out whats comeing I believe is in there in some other story that was told in the OT .
I consider Joseph and the seven year famine in Egypt as somewhat similar to how it will be during the trib .
And there are many more .

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Kind of like going to a re-education camp in Cambodia and finding out too late you were marching off to the killing fields.
That was funded by the black government.
It may have been practice. They like to try things out, first, on a small scale, to study it, to see how to make it work better, when the full scale operation goes down.
The low level minions will be given the propaganda, so they will go along with carrying out the operation.

The "info" comes from their "spirit guides", you and I know them as demons, at any rate, they know what will happen too. However, they lie to their human chanellers so that they can keep them from looking to God when the rapture goes down.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Simplynoone,

Have you ever seen this?:

www.his-forever.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
[The "info" comes from their "spirit guides", you and I know them as demons, at any rate, they know what will happen too. However, they lie to their human chanellers so that they can keep them from looking to God when the rapture goes down.]

Exactly
Here is a link of their 12 Ascended masters notice Their Christ looks just like ours (well what we see pictures of anyway)

www.templeofthepresence.org...

Click on the left you will see pictures of them all.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
HI NOTurTypical
lol yes I posted in the September 2008 thread
I LOVED IT .
Here is something else I have that is very interesting to those who dont think there will be a real third temple built in Israel for the Jews
The Sanhedrin's Decision Regarding the Holy Temple, the Temple Mount, and Jerusalem

28 Iyar 5765

The Sanhedrin calls upon all groups who work in the area of Temple and Temple Mount-related research and activity, to begin to prepare detailed architectural plans for the construction of the Holy Temple, towards the goal of its establishment in its proper place.

The Sanhedrin will establish a forum of architects and engineers whose goal will be to implement this decision, so that detailed working plans are effectively brought to an operational stage. The Sanhedrin calls upon the Jewish people to contribute towards the acquisition of materials for the purpose of rebuilding the Holy Temple; the gathering and preparation of prefabricated, disassembled portions of this building to be stored and ready for rapid assembly, in the manner of King David. These contributions will be consider "chulin," i.e., non-sacred, for the purpose of the planning and construction of the Temple. Prof. Hillel Weiss
R. Chaim Richman
Spokesmen for the Sanhedrin

www.templeinstitute.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
That's good, glad you loved it.

Have you ever heard of Perry Stone? He's the best prophecy teacher I have ever encountered. His insights into the Hebraic customs, histories, and et cetra brings the prophecies out to easily understand. I can't get enough of his videos.

But, if you read the theospohy Society's notes they clearly say that their "christ" (antichrist) will be a man named "Lord Maitreya".

Here:

home.sprynet.com...

www.letusreason.org...

The other side is already awaiting this evil man. Take very special notice to his "Day of Declaration". And if you have read up on the leaked information about Project Blue Beam it will send shivers up your spine.

Finally the antichrist and the false prophet are revealed. Maitreya and the Catholic Pope. Mont likely it will be a demon impersonating Pope John Paul II.

If you want info on that I have a video that will blow your mind. Lemme know.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Yes I like Perry Stone too
Speaking of UFOs and Aliens and this deception that is comeing
I believe that even Organized Religions are getting prepped to believe it too
And it is not just the Catholic Church ..they have been merging very easily with other Denominations (Interfaithism) quickly within the last few years.
They are already observing alot of Catholic traditions in their church which they would never have allowed just 5 years ago .
I believe this deception will be far and wide and already in the process of proceeding as planned so to speak.Have yall ever looked at Interfaith websites where they list affiliates ?And seen how many Churchs are a part of that .Even some Baptists and Assemblys of God and some of the other real strict fundamental christian churchs are on that list .It blew me away of how quick that happened .

“Other beings who are our equals if not superiors”

Possibility of intelligent extraterrestrial life not seen as threat by people of faith, study finds

Catholics and other believers don’t find the prospect of the discovery of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe a threat to their religious beliefs, according to a recently published study by a theology professor in Berkeley.

Ted Peters, a professor of systematic theology at Pacific Lutheran Seminary and at the Center for Theology and the Natural Sciences at the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley, conducted the study. The findings were announced in an Aug. 15 press release by the Center for Theology and the Natural Sciences.

“Will confirmation of the existence of an extraterrestrial intelligent civilization so rock the adherents to earth's religious traditions that their belief systems will confront a crisis if not collapse altogether?” the release asks. “Are religious people so narrow minded -- so earth-centric and anthropocentric -- that they would be shocked to realize we share our universe with other beings who are our equals if not superiors? No, say researchers in Berkeley, California. Religious believers show surprising openness at inviting extraterrestrial aliens into their terrestrial neighborhood.”

In the "Peters ETI Religious Crisis Survey of 2008," 1325 participants from around the world and from seven religious traditions as well as respondents who self-identify as "non-religious" were asked to agree or disagree to the following: "Official confirmation of the discovery of a civilization of intelligent beings living on another planet would so undercut my beliefs that my beliefs would face a crisis," said the release
Among Roman Catholics, mainline Protestants, Evangelicals, Orthodox Christians, Mormons, Jews and Buddhists, more than 80 percent said they either disagreed or strongly disagreed with the statement. One-hundred-twenty self-identified Catholics participated in the survey.

“It was the non-religious respondents, not the religious respondents, who predicted a crisis,” said the release. “In short, non-religious persons are much more likely to forecast a crisis for religious belief than the religious believers themselves.”

In the study, Peters said his curiosity was aroused by statements from scientists predicting the end of religion on earth should intelligent, extraterrestrial life be discovered. He cited, for example, this statement from Arizona State University physicist and astrobiologist Paul Davies: “It might be the case that aliens had discarded theology and religious practice long ago as primitive superstition and would rapidly convince us to do the same. “Alternatively, if they retained a spiritual aspect to their existence, we would have to concede that it was likely to have developed to a degree far ahead of our own. If they practiced anything remotely like a religion, we should surely soon wish to abandon our own and be converted to theirs.”

But, concluded Peters, his study “tends to disconfirm this hypothesis.”

Among Catholics, 82 percent disagreed or strongly disagreed that the discovery of extraterrestrial life would threaten their faith. Explained one Catholic who participated in the survey, “I believe that Christ became incarnate (human) in order to redeem humanity and atone for the original sin of Adam and Eve. Could there be a world of extraterrestrials? Maybe. It doesn’t change what Christ did.”

Instead of thrusting Christians into doubt and confusion, the discovery of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe would more likely deepen an appreciation for God’s handiwork. “Within the scope of Christian theology, it appears that little if any beliefs preclude the existence of extraterrestrial beings,” said the report. “Their presence would at most widen the scope of one’s understanding of creation and create some puzzles for how Christians understand the work of salvation.”

The study surveyed 120 Roman Catholics, 245 Evangelicals, 433 “mainline” Protestants, 89 “other” Protestants, 50 Orthodox Christians, 39 Mormons, 14 Hindus, 46 Jews, 14 Muslims, 70 Buddhists and 202 non-believers.
www.calcatholic.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
There is only one problem I have with Mythria and that is that Israel would not accept him as a Messiah .
Here is what they are looking for and Mythria just does not fill his shoes.

The Messianic Idea in Judaism
Belief in the eventual coming of the moshiach is a basic and fundamental part of traditional Judaism. It is part of Rambam's 13 Principles of Faith, the minimum requirements of Jewish belief. In the Shemoneh Esrei prayer, recited three times daily, we pray for all of the elements of the coming of the moshiach: ingathering of the exiles; restoration of the religious courts of justice; an end of wickedness, sin and heresy; reward to the righteous; rebuilding of Jerusalem; restoration of the line of King David; and restoration of Temple service.

Modern scholars suggest that the messianic concept was introduced later in the history of Judaism, during the age of the prophets. They note that the messianic concept is not mentioned anywhere in the Torah (the first five books of the Bible).

However, traditional Judaism maintains that the messianic idea has always been a part of Judaism. The moshiach is not mentioned explicitly in the Torah, because the Torah was written in terms that all people could understand, and the abstract concept of a distant, spiritual, future reward was beyond the comprehension of some people. However, the Torah contains several references to "the End of Days" (acharit ha-yamim), which is the time of the moshiach; thus, the concept of moshiach was known in the most ancient times.

The term "moshiach" literally means "the anointed one," and refers to the ancient practice of anointing kings with oil when they took the throne. The moshiach is the one who will be anointed as king in the End of Days.

The word "moshiach" does not mean "savior." The notion of an innocent, divine or semi-divine being who will sacrifice himself to save us from the consequences of our own sins is a purely Christian concept that has no basis in Jewish thought. Unfortunately, this Christian concept has become so deeply ingrained in the English word "messiah" that this English word can no longer be used to refer to the Jewish concept. The word "moshiach" will be used throughout this page.
The Moshiach

The moshiach will be a great political leader descended from King David (Jeremiah 23:5). The moshiach is often referred to as "moshiach ben David" (moshiach, son of David). He will be well-versed in Jewish law, and observant of its commandments (Isaiah 11:2-5). He will be a charismatic leader, inspiring others to follow his example. He will be a great military leader, who will win battles for Israel. He will be a great judge, who makes righteous decisions (Jeremiah 33:15). But above all, he will be a human being, not a god, demi-god or other supernatural being.

It has been said that in every generation, a person is born with the potential to be the moshiach. If the time is right for the messianic age within that person's lifetime, then that person will be the moshiach. But if that person dies before he completes the mission of the moshiach, then that person is not the moshiach.
When Will the Moshiach Come?

There are a wide variety of opinions on the subject of when the moshiach will come. Some of Judaism's greatest minds have cursed those who try to predict the time of the moshiach's coming, because errors in such predictions could cause people to lose faith in the messianic idea or in Judaism itself. This actually happened in the 17th century, when Shabbatai Tzvi claimed to be the moshiach. When Tzvi converted to Islam under threat of death, many Jews converted with him. Nevertheless, this prohibition has not stopped anyone from speculating about the time when the moshiach will come.

Although some scholars believed that G-d has set aside a specific date for the coming of the moshiach, most authority suggests that the conduct of mankind will determine the time of the moshiach's coming. In general, it is believed that the moshiach will come in a time when he is most needed (because the world is so sinful), or in a time when he is most deserved (because the world is so good). For example, each of the following has been suggested as the time when the moshiach will come:

* if Israel repented a single day;
* if Israel observed a single Shabbat properly;
* if Israel observed two Shabbats in a row properly;
* in a generation that is totally innocent or totally guilty;
* in a generation that loses hope;
* in a generation where children are totally disrespectful towards their parents and elders;

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
What Will the Moshiach Do?

Before the time of the moshiach, there shall be war and suffering (Ezekiel 38:16)

The moshiach will bring about the political and spiritual redemption of the Jewish people by bringing us back to Israel and restoring Jerusalem (Isaiah 11:11-12; Jeremiah 23:8; 30:3; Hosea 3:4-5). He will establish a government in Israel that will be the center of all world government, both for Jews and gentiles (Isaiah 2:2-4; 11:10; 42:1). He will rebuild the Temple and re-establish its worship (Jeremiah 33:18). He will restore the religious court system of Israel and establish Jewish law as the law of the land (Jeremiah 33:15).
Olam Ha-Ba: The Messianic Age

The world after the messiah comes is often referred to in Jewish literature as Olam Ha-Ba (oh-LAHM hah-BAH), the World to Come. This term can cause some confusion, because it is also used to refer to a spiritual afterlife. In English, we commonly use the term "messianic age" to refer specifically to the time of the messiah.

Olam Ha-Ba will be characterized by the peaceful co-existence of all people (Isaiah 2:4). Hatred, intolerance and war will cease to exist. Some authorities suggest that the laws of nature will change, so that predatory beasts will no longer seek prey and agriculture will bring forth supernatural abundance (Isaiah 11:6-11:9). Others, however, say that these statements are merely an allegory for peace and prosperity.

All of the Jewish people will return from their exile among the nations to their home in Israel (Isaiah 11:11-12; Jeremiah 23:8; 30:3; Hosea 3:4-5). The law of the Jubilee will be reinstated.

In the Olam Ha-Ba, the whole world will recognize the Jewish G-d as the only true G-d, and the Jewish religion as the only true religion (Isaiah 2:3; 11:10; Micah 4:2-3; Zechariah 14:9). There will be no murder, robbery, competition or jealousy. There will be no sin (Zephaniah 3:13). Sacrifices will continue to be brought in the Temple, but these will be limited to thanksgiving offerings, because there will be no further need for expiatory offerings.
What About Jesus?

Jews do not believe that Jesus was the moshiach. Assuming that he existed, and assuming that the Christian scriptures are accurate in describing him (both matters that are debatable), he simply did not fulfill the mission of the moshiach as it is described in the biblical passages cited above. Jesus did not do any of the things that the scriptures said the messiah would do.

On the contrary, another Jew born about a century later came far closer to fulfilling the messianic ideal than Jesus did. His name was Shimeon ben Kosiba, known as Bar Kokhba (son of a star), and he was a charismatic, brilliant, but brutal warlord. Rabbi Akiba, one of the greatest scholars in Jewish history, believed that Bar Kokhba was the moshiach. Bar Kokhba fought a war against the Roman Empire, catching the Tenth Legion by surprise and retaking Jerusalem. He resumed sacrifices at the site of the Temple and made plans to rebuild the Temple. He established a provisional government and began to issue coins in its name. This is what the Jewish people were looking for in a moshiach; Jesus clearly does not fit into this mold. Ultimately, however, the Roman Empire crushed his revolt and killed Bar Kokhba. After his death, all acknowledged that he was not the moshiach.

Throughout Jewish history, there have been many people who have claimed to be the moshiach, or whose followers have claimed that they were the moshiach: Shimeon Bar Kokhba, Shabbatai Tzvi, Jesus, and many others too numerous to name. Leo Rosten reports some very entertaining accounts under the heading False Messiahs in his book, The Joys of Yiddish. But all of these people died without fulfilling the mission of the moshiach; therefore, none of them were the moshiach. The moshiach and the Olam Ha-Ba lie in the future, not in the past.
Biblical Passages Referring to the Moshiach

The following passages in the Jewish scriptures are the ones that Jews consider to be messianic in nature or relating to the end of days. These are the ones that we rely upon in developing our messianic concept:

* Isaiah 2, 11, 42; 59:20
* Jeremiah 23, 30, 33; 48:47; 49:39
* Ezekiel 38:16
* Hosea 3:4-3:5
* Micah 4
* Zephaniah 3:9
* Zechariah 14:9
* Daniel 10:14
If you want to know how Jews interpret the passages that Christians consider to be messianic, see the Jews for Judaism website, especially the Knowledge Base under Resources. The Knowledge Base addresses more than 130 of the most common arguments that evangelists make to Jews.
© Copyright 5758-5761 (1998-2001), Tracey R Rich
www.jewfaq.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I already believe in ETs. And it doesn't rock my faith whatsoever.

I know they are fallen angels. The antichrist will "send them away" and deceive the world that he saved it from total annihilation, not because he is God, but because as Satan... he is their leader.

Perry Stone is amazing, God has really blessed his ministry, I've come to understand quite a few things about prophecy that I've struggled with.

I'm very skeptical about the interfaith movement myself, heck, I'm skeptical of most denominations myself. I want to find a church to join, but I only want to find a "true" one, one that strictly follows the Bible and Christ ALONE. With no man-made traditions or dogma.

It's a difficult journey for me.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
[to find a "true" one, one that strictly follows the Bible and Christ ALONE. With no man-made traditions or dogma.]

Very few and far between now arnt they ? The great falling away is really happening worse now than ever.

Here is a link about the Interfaith and Christians
They say Hell is not a place (see link on at the bottom for that article)
Say that man is Gods enemy and Satan and the Devil are man .

[From the above we conclude that the DEVIL and SATAN are characteristics which are symbolized by the word SERPENT, because the operations and results of these characteristics in mankind, have the effects of the venom of a serpent and are FATAL. These characteristics can be found only in MAN. Therefore, MAN is the enemy of God and MAN is the devil and satan.

When we fully realize this and that "Jesus took part of the same" we can readily understand how he "put to death him that had the power of death, that is the DEVIL" (Hebrews 2:14).

HAVING DEFINED FROM THE SCRIPTURES that DEVILS, SATANS and SERPENTS are descriptive names primarily applied to ungodly MEN, we wish to invite your attention to a few facts relative to the Lord's actions in the beginning:]
WAY MORE AT LINK
www.interfaith.org...

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Here is some about the Dominionists who are in Office and connected to this Admin.This sect really is trying to hurry up the end times.And take over for Christ before he comes .
Remember the phrase Bush had "We are going to rid the world of evil"
Here is a great article
Really worth the read for sure.

Bush, Mideast Wars and End-Time Prophecy
www.truthout.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Oh I wanted to say that even though Billy Grahm is in that article, I did like him and dont believe he is a bad guy .Now he could have been a dominionist but I didnt really listen to his teachings .He was also accused of being a Mason ,but investigating that turned out it wasnt true ..or so he says on his site .

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Ok here are more pieces to the puzzle,I am sure that some of you have heard about the Noahide Laws.I believe they play a role in the end too.
These are an extreme Jewish Sect in HIGH PLACES who are heavily involved in the UN and the US .
POPE AFFIRMS
ZIONIST NOAHIDE LAWS IN NYC!
By Brother Nathanael Kapner, Copyright 2008
www.realjewnews.com...

I believe that the AC will be in cahoots with this sect in the end times.
This bunch fits perfectly with the AC and his plans .
No worship of Jesus Christ or you could be beheaded.It is IDOLATRY in their laws.
Maybe Mythria is the false prophet and someone from the Noahide bunch will be the AC .
what do you think ?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
[to find a "true" one, one that strictly follows the Bible and Christ ALONE. With no man-made traditions or dogma.]

Very few and far between now arnt they ? The great falling away is really happening worse now than ever.

Here is a link about the Interfaith and Christians
They say Hell is not a place (see link on at the bottom for that article)
Say that man is Gods enemy and Satan and the Devil are man .

[From the above we conclude that the DEVIL and SATAN are characteristics which are symbolized by the word SERPENT, because the operations and results of these characteristics in mankind, have the effects of the venom of a serpent and are FATAL. These characteristics can be found only in MAN. Therefore, MAN is the enemy of God and MAN is the devil and satan.

When we fully realize this and that "Jesus took part of the same" we can readily understand how he "put to death him that had the power of death, that is the DEVIL" (Hebrews 2:14).

HAVING DEFINED FROM THE SCRIPTURES that DEVILS, SATANS and SERPENTS are descriptive names primarily applied to ungodly MEN, we wish to invite your attention to a few facts relative to the Lord's actions in the beginning:]
WAY MORE AT LINK
www.interfaith.org...

The rapture is imminent. This is the "falling away" Christ spoke of.

Yes, it's very hard to find a church. I wish there was one exactly like the church at Philadelphia Jesus sends the Revelation letter to.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join