It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something will happen before election day.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

great post bravo

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by annestacey

That's not a reason to throw your vote away.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
For McCain to win, something big is going to have to happen before the election. I started a thread predicting that Osama bin Laden will be killed or captured this week. Even that might not help the Republicans. Other than that or some other major event, McCain will have to have something up his sleeve to win. My hope? He will suddenly adopt the Fair Tax into his platform. I think this legislation is a political sleeper weapon that just woke up due to the recent banking crisis. Lacking any major events, or campaign changes, McCain stands a 10 percent chance of winning

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Can someone please explain why everyone here is already saying Obama has this in the bag, and not just by a little but by a land slide.

The polls I see daily, put Obama at the very high end with a 10 point lead. However most are 5-7 points. And CNN said today that Mccain has actually narrowed that difference in the last day or 2.

Personally i think this one is up for grabs.

I will however, predict riots in the streets if Obama is not elected.

signed.

Confused Canadian

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

Powerslave, I agree. The election is very much up for grabs. I generally give the polls a 6 point margin of error and McCain is within that margin. The polls generally have an inherent 3 point margin of error, and to this, I add a further 3 points to account for the liberal-lean of the polls.

This year I think is an exception, and the margin could be as much as 10-12 points. Plus there is the unknown factor that I have been hearing is significant, which is that more cell phones are being reached during polling as opposed to traditional landlines.

I say it is very well possible that things will go either way, and in wild proportions too. Prepare for a wild ride the next two weeks. However, if nothing too crazy happens in accordance with the subject of the OP, then I give McCain only 10%. The chances of nothing happening however, are slim in my estimation.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by CVTman]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Where is Monty Brewster when we need him.

"None Above"

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join