It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Press arrested at RNC, charged with conspiracy to riot

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
If you think in any way that these reporters deserved to be detained, you clearly have not watched them explain their story of the events as they transpired. Get your head outta the sand and stop making lame excuses for inexcusable conduct by police.

Clearly, this is a campaign being orchestrated by politicians through their(apparently untouchable) security resources like the Secret Service(coincidence their initials are SS?). The local law enforcement seemed to be ok and replied with their names when asked by Amy where the government stooges were simply abusive.

Just listen to the charges being leveraged against them. They sound totally outrageous and either they are really stretching on their definition of what conspiracy and especially riot mean or they have redefined these terms in a similar way they have redefined terrorism.

I think it is overwhealmingly clear that the "natives are restless" and getting fed up with the same old story. Those in power are creating a buffer between themselves and their critics so the critics aren't heard because the critics are correct and really do have a case against the severe sodomy being waged against our basic freedoms(let alone the not-so-basic freedoms).

The riot police are all psyched up and finally get to impliment their training and I wouldn't doubt if they hired stooges to create some of the damage done on day 1 just to get things started so their actions during the rest of the RNC is "business as usual". Just "rounding up the radicals".
Please, give me a break. It's blatant and out in the open now.

Listen to the sherriff explain how his hands are tied during the arresting and booking phase. The ones controlling this madness appear to be the ones that are the most abusive and also are the ones not being shown on the cameras or being forced to answer for these disproportionate reactions from our evidently hypocritical administration.

Even though these journalists committed no crime and were arrested due to POLICE actions and their effort to cover these actions which is their right, the secret service swoops right in and revokes their press credentials. Threat eliminated. Heaven forbid a journalist who is also a fan of democracy be allowed to cover the republican propaganda celebration.

Additionally, if you had watched and listened to the interviews, then you would also know that another journalist who worked for a conservative publication(washington post, I believe?) also being arrested tried to get released pleading that he worked for a repiblican paper. Now, why should it make any difference who you work for? Isn't it about what you did(or didn't do)? What law you broke?

...speaking of which, the law is rediculous at this point and I think we should start over. It's almost impossible to figure out how many laws I break every single day. For all I know, I could be considered a terrorist and I wouldn't even know it.

Normally, I would just do my own thing as long as I am not being bothered, but as soon as I have to deal with these kinds of rediculous tactics, I am sure I will change my mind.

So, as was asked earlier. What can we do about this? How do we get our country back from these theives? How to we reinstate the values of life, liberty and freedom to our home?
We have gone from being a beacon of hope to being the harbinger of doom in less than 10 years.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by 4N6310]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Ok, most of the time here people say the press doese nothing but support war and corruption. Now we say this greese ball should have been allowed to cross police lines and do who knows what... She needs a firehose bath anyway...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
If you look at the ABC reporter getting arrested, he was SHOVED into the road by the cigar-smoking policeman and then told, he was obstructing traffic!
DemocracyNow is NOT an anarchist, violent group, people!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

These liberal, leftwing moonbat reporters were told to not cross the line into a restricted area, then they always play dumb, then yell press when its too late.

If they are protesters, then dont claim to be press, if you are press, dont be protesting.

I am against this hyper police action were they beat you first and ask questions later, but when freaks throw caustic chemicals at innocent people trying to attend their rally and spit in their faces, its time for a beat down.

How about the plan to kidnap delegates, what about trying to push over a bus filled with boyscouts, swearing and spiting on the bus with little kids in it, time for a major beatdown...damn hippies!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by stinkhorn
reply to post by spookjr

These liberal, leftwing moonbat reporters were told to not cross the line into a restricted area, then they always play dumb, then yell press when its too late.

Amy Goodman was trying to help another reporter to NOT get arrested by showing her certified press credentials!
They were snatched out of her hand and SHE was unlawfully arrested!

If they are protesters, then dont claim to be press, if you are press, dont be protesting.

Press CAN LAWFULLY have a political stance!

I am against this hyper police action were they beat you first and ask questions later, but when freaks throw caustic chemicals at innocent people trying to attend their rally and spit in their faces, its time for a beat down.
How about the plan to kidnap delegates, what about trying to push over a bus filled with boyscouts, swearing and spiting on the bus with little kids in it, time for a major beatdown...damn hippies!

Where did this happen? Links, please, or a quote.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
Here is salazar......She is screaming press, press. I hope they get their asses sued off. Doesn't matter though, they gave the twin cities PD 50 million dollars for the convention.

Just waiting for the news that they are going to do something to a pregnant woman.....these videos are making me

Would they do this to CNN Anchors or Fox news anchors?? NO!!!! They have to keep control of the media, they have their puppets and do not want anymore. Keep on going all of you independent reporters!!!! I am with you and I am positive many more are as well.

I will keep the videos coming as they come in. Since the MSM won't cover it, we should cover it in this thread.

Mods can you change the title of the thread to "Proof of a police state, updates from the RNC"

-Kdial1

[edit on 2-9-2008 by kdial1]

[edit on 2-9-2008 by kdial1]

Can someone edit the vid. to show what the camera captures when she hits the ground? If you flip the visual 90 degrees clockwise and slow it down you can see what looks like the police beating someone.?

This is absolutely incredible and not new for this kind of violence coming from police here.

I live in Minneapolis and I stayed away because I have two small children now and besides having to get a babysitter, frankly I am afraid that I may get caught up in the kind of crazy happenings that this video shows.

People have no rights to just stand on the street and use their voice anymore without possibly becoming a casualty of "freedom." I really commend those who went to peacefully protest. And these reporters have exposed more of the bullying and abuse of power that continues to be unlawfully protected. Thank you to all who are out there to protect our freedoms by shining a spot light upon the disreguard for them.

Now that said, I also think that of course there should be security measures to keep the peace but as this video shows the violence is coming from the police.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by anyone
Can someone edit the vid. to show what the camera captures when she hits the ground? If you flip the visual 90 degrees clockwise and slow it down you can see what looks like the police beating someone.?
This is absolutely incredible and not new for this kind of violence coming from police here.

Hey! I see that!
Lots of police and what looks like a couple of plainclothes hitting someone on the ground towards the end!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Another source of information....
Journalist Amy Goodman confronts police chief over her arrest

"Democracy Now!" host Amy Goodman questioned St. Paul's police chief this morning about why police arrested her and two of her program's producers Monday.

Goodman described how two producers, reporting on arrests Monday, were also arrested. Goodman said she was on the convention floor, interviewing the Minnesota and Alaska delegations, when she heard that her producers had been arrested and were bloodied.

Personally, it is a bit outrageous, but understandable in a riot. I don't agree with the alleged arrest charges, but at least things didn't get worse. With tempers and tensions high in situations like this, things can get out of hand in a hurry. I pray that things are peaceful tonight. A unified peaceful protest would contrast greatly with the establishment response...

DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

Good catch Anyone!!

Hopefully someone can slow it down and rotate it on here....I have noticed traffic has been slow on the site due to the holiday. Anyone??? I could but I would have to download the software and my laptop can't handle the software. Once it is done make sure you forward it to Democracy now so they can have it as well.

-Kdial1

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The police were hypersensitive and Goodwin got in the middle of it. Its sad of course but she will get her day in court and probably be exonerated. The security at the conventions is tight and there is a lot of nuts there that just want to stir up trouble. Telling the difference in a few seconds would be difficult. Its nothing new, this "police State" was much worse in the 60's.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
What a shame Americans are letting this happen to themselves. Its sad to see such a lack of backbone. How much is need for you to make you stand up for yourselves?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by yankeerose
I am so sick of watching , reading and hearing what is going on down in the Cities... and none of the Main Stream Media is covering it! The MSM is in cahoots with the GOP/NWO in the oppression taking place. There have been 256 arrests so far, and it was only Day 1!

The head Sheriff said they can control upto 100,000 protesters.... Well I seriously wish 500,000 would show up! They are arresting Nuns, the elderly, veterans, journalists... If Anyone has ever seen the Orwell version of Animal Farm... the dobermans have been let loose, and the Fat Pigs are having their party. The MSM is reporting this like it's a small tea party... and it is anything bit that.

LIVE WIRE - Breaking News from the Streets of St. Paul/Minneapolis

[edit on 1-9-2008 by yankeerose]

I think you guys don't know Bush passed Directive 51 to cover all of this.

Per the new law Bush made bypassing Congress, he has some powers
that are so questionable that they are classified.

Some of them deal with the media.

Check it out here, is been around quite awhile.

Directive 51 - and what is to come

You better not be speaking freely outside your Free Speech Zone...

Free Speech Zones - 1st ammendement gone

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

She got what she deserved.

When there is a Police Line, (in place to protect the mini-van/arrest going on behind them), then anyone who does not have prior permission to cross it will get arrested. The applies to everyone, including media or press pass holders, especially since press passes can be faked and are generally issued by the "Press" themselves.

This is especially true when in this case the police had surrounded the van and the protestors surrounded the Police, and were trying to break the line to force the release of the individuals being arrested at the minivan. That's the part that is missing in this video but can be see in other overhead video shots.

Press passes (especially outdoor ones/uncontrolled) don't give anyone any special privelegdes especially when a dangerous situation is at hand. The Police will protect themseleves first and they have that right.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The question is how do we stop this nonsense by the police.

If they are already beating people and ignoring their 1st Amendment Rights what do we have to do?

Maybe we need to start identifying these dirty police, so they can no longer feel safe anywhere.

Get their pictures, badge numbers & names and make a website like they do for pedophiles and list them so people can shun them. Print out posters and hand them out in neighborhoods they live in so people know who and where the enemies of the free people of the earth live.

Once the dirty pigs realize they can't hide anymore maybe they will adjust their behavior and become more civilized servants.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join