It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Press arrested at RNC, charged with conspiracy to riot

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Neocons and their police state

Minneapolis Democracy Now's Amy Goodman gets arrested and charged with conspiracy to riot
9/01/08

Sickening when she has press credentials to be there.

-Kdial1

[edit on 1-9-2008 by kdial1]

[edit on 2-9-2008 by kdial1]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I am so sick of watching , reading and hearing what is going on down in the Cities... and none of the Main Stream Media is covering it! The MSM is in cahoots with the GOP/NWO in the oppression taking place. There have been 256 arrests so far, and it was only Day 1!

The head Sheriff said they can control upto 100,000 protesters.... Well I seriously wish 500,000 would show up! They are arresting Nuns, the elderly, veterans, journalists... If Anyone has ever seen the Orwell version of Animal Farm... the dobermans have been let loose, and the Fat Pigs are having their party. The MSM is reporting this like it's a small tea party... and it is anything bit that.

LIVE WIRE - Breaking News from the Streets of St. Paul/Minneapolis

[edit on 1-9-2008 by yankeerose]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Hot off the presses from Democracy Now!

Update: Democracy Now!’s Amy Goodman, Sharif Abdel Kouddous and Nicole Salazar Released After Illegal Arrest at RNC

ST. PAUL--Democracy Now! host Amy Goodman and producers Sharif Abdel Kouddous and Nicole Salazar have all been released from police custody in St. Paul following their illegal arrest by Minneapolis Police on Monday afternoon.

All three were violently manhandled by law enforcement officers. Abdel Kouddous was slammed against a wall and the ground, leaving his arms scraped and bloodied. He sustained other injuries to his chest and back. Salazar’s violent arrest by baton-wielding officers, during which she was slammed to the ground while yelling, “I’m Press! Press!,” resulted in her nose bleeding, as well as causing facial pain. Goodman’s arm was violently yanked by police as she was arrested.

Hmm, I saw the video, but didn't see the arrest of others -- it didn't look from what I saw that the police were being sadistic.

I have a lot of respect for Amy Goodman -- Democracy Now, while radical, is consistent in their reporting, and I've often heard stories there that aren't covered anywhere else (the NSA/AT&T case comes to mind). She certainly is a journalist, and shouldn't be treated like a rioter.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well.....I see my prediction came true.

Protesters in Denver were given a mostly free ride, since most of what they were doing were trying to shout and get their message on the media, as they were allowed close enough so the microphones of some media outlets who were outdoors (such as MSNBC) to pick up their shouts and bullhorns. No distance requirements, nothing. Reporters and commentators had to just grin and bear it.

I believe we are seeing an entirely different response here.....and Minnesotans are supposed to be so nice!!

Where to you suppose they found these StormTroopers, anyway?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
police state..this place is owned by the vatican

we need to make some major changes..

much love to you all

Mod Edit: ATS And Activism – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I have a feeling we are going to see alot more of this... I was watching a documentary on discovery times last night about Rice's security detail.... It was a huge eye opener on how they do not obey the law and are way above it.

-Kdial1

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Where do they find these goons that cannot make rational decisions nor exercise any critical thought before arresting someone. Amy Goodman is a widely respected journalist who has worked the trenches for a long time. People still doubt that we are living in a police state?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

They are spreading a subtle message: Stay in your homes, we only want people who support the RNC to be here. Exactly why the a more limited government is needed. Terrorism has become a fall to make America a police state.... "Give up your liberties and we will give you security."

-Kdial1

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Wait... Minnesota Police are doing this?

Isn't Minnesota (particularly Minneapolis) extremely liberal?

Why hold the RNC convention in the middle of the lions den?

And now press passes aren't enough to be allowed access. Jeez... Welcome to the new privatized America. You do as we Say... Because we said so.

Sick.

Now the important part.

What can we do about it?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Here is some more..... The guy at the end is press too.... The police are above the law now, I think I might go to a protest wearing full riot gear and weild a stun gun and baton and pepper spray.....see the protesters need to use the same tactics they are using.

www.liveleak.com...

and more

www.liveleak.com...

-Kdial1

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I heard Salazar's arrest while listening to Democracy Now this AM, it is harrowing, she literally SCREAMS in AGONY three times. Her nose was broken, she was stomped on by one 'peace officer' and told to put her face on the pavement while another cop was PULLING HER by the legs at the same time she was being held down by the first cop's boot. The entire time she is explaining she is press and trying to show her pass.

The other one, the guy, not only had DemNow press credentials, but also had a press pass from the RNC which allowed him to be on the floor ont he convention -- which is much difficult to attain as you need FBI check etc.

This needs to illicit more outrage. I am stunned that thread is just laying here, almost entirely ignored.

Anyway, DemNow is going to air the Salazr arrest tonight. Here is a link to thier website:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

This needs to illicit more outrage. I am stunned that thread is just laying here, almost entirely ignored.

Simple answer, that is how they want it. Sheep.........

Maybe my thread title is not bold enough.

-Kdial1

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Here is salazar......She is screaming press, press. I hope they get their asses sued off. Doesn't matter though, they gave the twin cities PD 50 million dollars for the convention.

Just waiting for the news that they are going to do something to a pregnant woman.....these videos are making me

Would they do this to CNN Anchors or Fox news anchors?? NO!!!! They have to keep control of the media, they have their puppets and do not want anymore. Keep on going all of you independent reporters!!!! I am with you and I am positive many more are as well.

I will keep the videos coming as they come in. Since the MSM won't cover it, we should cover it in this thread.

Mods can you change the title of the thread to "Proof of a police state, updates from the RNC"

-Kdial1

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This shows you that it's no longer being hidden. Doing this to protesters and using the excuse they were getting out of line is one thing. These people are press. Granted they aren't considered "MSM" but they are still press.
I get from the story that Amy Goodman was arrested for asking the officers about the arrest of the other producers.

That video was just scary to see all those cops in riot gear rushing towards the camera.

Flagged!

Simon

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hmm, whats the best way to end a police state when peaceful protest is met with violence by those who are meant and sworn to keep the peace?
Answer?, pipe bombs,molotov cocktails, and other home made goodies.
Obviously peacful protest aint workin'. So what other choices do we really have?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Well.....I see my prediction came true.

Protesters in Denver were given a mostly free ride, since most of what they were doing were trying to shout and get their message on the media, as they were allowed close enough so the microphones of some media outlets who were outdoors (such as MSNBC) to pick up their shouts and bullhorns. No distance requirements, nothing. Reporters and commentators had to just grin and bear it.

I believe we are seeing an entirely different response here.....and Minnesotans are supposed to be so nice!!

Where to you suppose they found these StormTroopers, anyway?

The type of protesting is highly different at the RNC as of now..

300 some people have been arrested, 148 arrested for conspiring to incite a riot.. they threw benches into the streets, broke shop windows and attacked several police cars.

Always there has to be a few morons to ruin it for everyone.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

THIS is how you deal with Government paid provocateurs! YAY!!!

Notice the police-issued squad boots!

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Oh!
And here's where the Canadian government ADMITTED it was police agents!

Good Grannies! What a bunch of goons!

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'll make a wager that the swat bozos are not from Min. it is sickening. the elite authorities are hell bent to get martial law using hired thugs to create the needed chaos. its no different than in the 60's what do we do? don't know anymore. they deal from strength- we deal from weakness with no cohesive action to really change anything. some day the peaceful protester will have his/her day when they just can't take it anymore.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Beleive it or not they arrested an abc producer on public property at the DNC.. its getting out of hand!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join