It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Press arrested at RNC, charged with conspiracy to riot

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I agree, but that has nothing to do with this situation unless you have proof to the claim.....

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The answer is plain and simple, Liberals make better protestors.
Sometimes they take it to extremes so it's only natural that they over do it and get in trouble.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
One of the sad things to come out of this situation is that there are people who will see these actions by security, agree and believe this is a good reason to vote GOP.

Somehow they feel secure without realizing that they may be next.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

There were conservatives there, too!
If I was near there, I would be there with my own signs!

The problem with infringing on free speach, is that, today it's 'them' Spouting their opinions, tommorrow, it's you! Will you be arrested?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Hey, you said almost what I said!
I am so angry at this.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
we never see this on fox news cnn nothing its all about the unruly protesters its like fox news cnn have there own agenda they go on about how scary it is down there ive seen to much on infowars.com to know the police are the problem its like they have there own agenda too,what is going on here?,why would the police be stagging riots?why is the mainstream media covering this up?why would mainstream say that the protesters are out of control where 99.9%are peaceful and possibly that 00.1%could be police,why are the police smashing women to the ground arresting people for having a voice,pepper spaying one and all, why?if the police can not be trusted who can we trust,while they beat on the poor protester in some stagged riot, where do we stand among those that voice freedom for us all,are these protesters trying to take something away from me or is it the police&mainstream who should i listen to? .
All we can do is seek the truth something the police&mainsream media are having major problems with (watch END GAME by alex jones this will give you a lot of answers

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Please post a good video of everything that happened leading up to the arrest. Thanks much. That tape is meaningless without it.

Sharif Abdel Kouddous, one of the people who she was trying to stop from being arrested, has articles on Pro-Terrorist web sites. I'm thinking this Minneapolis Democracy Now is not as it appears.

She seemed very hysterical. She is experienced, so why the hysteria, when she knew up front she was risking arrest. For the camera's no doubt.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It also occurred to me that the Press does not get involved in stories and become a part of the stories themselves. That has always been forbidden. They are supposed to report facts from outside the story. Why were her producers involved with setting up violent demonstrations anyway?

Since she and her producers were involved with the riots and violent demonstrations, they were no longer Press anyway.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Just to let most people know their are laws regarding protesting to keep people safe. One is that if u leave the sidewalk you can be arrested because your endangering yourself and others. Killing yourself is a crime becauce of the same reason. A few stuiped kids who throw rocks or lighting trash cans on fire, sends a wave and then everyone will do it. Monkey see monkey do. Most of the protesters don't know what they are protesting and are just there to do the cool thing, because hating GWB and America is that thing. The hippies of the 60's did the same thing, a few herders and thousands of sheep. Look at it now, lots of sheep, whom poeple calm to know the "truth", and a few more and extreme herders.

Want to not get beat by the police for "not reason" read the laws and dont break them!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Good point. it makes total sense to me. Dont let these people fool you they are not victums or anything, they do this kind of stuff all the time to get attention, like a child throwing a fit.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, but here's a pretty horrifying video showing a large number of people being arrested from harriett island.

www.ireport.com...

Also - I saw that one major news org, has changed the total protesters from 10,000 to 2,000 - but the mn MAJOR newspapers are still reporting that there was 10,000 protesters.

# this is weird.

www.startribune.com...
CiUo3PD:3D_V_qD3L:c7cQKUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

10,000 to 2,000 over 3 days?! HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE ARRESTED?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
yes follow the law to not have free speech

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
You know, for every member of the press they arrest, for every reporter they abuse, they make one more powerful enemy.

I guarantee you, each one of those innocents arrested have had their eyes opened to what's really going on here. Soon enough, this will all come back to bite these thugs in the butt. Keep track of all the names of these reporters. Lets show them not to be intimidated, not to be afraid, and perhaps they will help us in showing the world the truth they learned the hard way.

I wish I could be in Denver or Minneapolis, I would be on the front lines.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
For every citizen pushed into the dirt 2 more need to stand up or your country is finished.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

You requested the lead-up to Amy Goodman's arrest:

She was on the floor of the RNC. The two producers were working in the Democracy Now offices (who's windows were smashed in the violence) when the protest went by. Salazar grabbed her camera like a good journalist to follow the story. The police converged on them from all directions. she was caught in the police pincer movement and her question "where do I go" went unanswered by the police as documented by her own camera and her yells of "Press! Press!" were ignored, as were the press credentials around her neck.

ur1.ca...

At the time of the screaming, one police officer was pushing her face in the ground while another was pulling on her leg, resulting in a bloody nose. As news reached Amy Goodman she rushed to make sure police had knowledge of their credentials to have them released. What you see on the original thread video ~is~ the lead-up. She went to the police officers with her credentials and asked for the supervising officer and was arrested.

The full story is related in the latest edition of Democracy Now: ur1.ca...

including Goodman relating how when she asked the police officers what they thought about the prior day's preemptive raids on journalists while in jail, they replied, "Awesome!"

Welcome to the Police State.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I heard Amy Goodman's arent went like this:

Her producer got caught up and was being arrested. She stepped in to try to stop it and said"were press were press" flashing her PRESS ID... which was torn off her and she was then arrested as a protester.

I was at the protests on day 2 of the RNC. Read my full report here: I WAS THERE: The protest march on the RNC in Saint Paul 9-2-08: FULL REPORT

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The part that amazes me, they do this every time they visit a town with their speeches and conventions or events. Imagine some schmuck shows up into your town with darth vader like troops swarming around him, after a while people start to wonder what do these paranoid power politicians have to fear since they say how much they care for Americans and how they do so much for our country, then why the heavy security. Liars will always surround themselves and truth tellers get murdered as our history in this culture shows, especially since the 1960's. Too bad we no longer can trust ourselves in this society, which since that appears the case politics pretty much seems more or less unecessary or ineffective as an agent of anything.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RX83GP02

I stopped going to MARCHES when the appearance of provacateurs put us all at risk.(I have followed for hours individuals to confirm this fact BTW.)There are plenty of anti violence measures taken by organizers to ensure no participation by our side.We've sat down,turned around,danced away,had extansive discussions of how much is compromised when a peaceful assembly goes FUBAR,all to no avail,when organized goons appear to disrupt and right on cue the heavies and camera boys appear to mop up and obtain "evidence" to edit and present to a biased legal syscam.All so planned and we are so naif.Even a previous poster talking jive about home made incendiary drvices.Who here doubts that s/he is-a-one of them?Polluting our forum with that kinda negative anti social talk puts ATS/us-all at risk.Remember power corrupts.Even on an individual level.Especially with the mask of visor and gas mask.
Besides,really,what is there to protest NOW anyway?It has all been said,we know who and what the problems are.We gotta keep it together as these SOB's lose their power.They're desperate and angry and frustrated,why give them a melon to crack?Do you really need broken teeth and headaches for the rest of your life?What for?The injuries sustained here by the DEMOCRACY NOW crew won't even manifest for days,internals,like spleen bruising.These cops are pros.They know EXACTLY what they're doing.Think NSA wiretaps,this is what for.The good news is we are now less sheeple and more oppressed people.Hello non US citizens,even the high govt officials are wiretapped and blackmailed and anthrax letter delivered.We're not dumb.We play/fight fair and have been hoodwinked.
Right now at quarter of five they're prob eating at dennies.Crazy as it sounds we just gotta send 'em LOVE energy.How would it feel to be hung over eating factory farm po po feed with the sound of crack-the-head,which you did,still in your ears,sounding just like when your own kid fell off her bike,etc.Or our own anger will just make us bitter and unable to function in a post NWO world.It's almost over if we can keep it together and thwart the plans which depend on our automatic response.Loving them is what they least expect,a monkey in their wrench.Also the hardest thing for us to do.Why else are we here.eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join