It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin and the hypocrisy express

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I agree, Palin was chosen to pull in women's votes. Is it a dirty tactic? No more than when Hillary used it. If you're going to start not voting for people because they try to pull in votes...well then you're gonna run out of candidates quick aren't you?

Also, did I say that executive experience was more important? No, not once. In fact, I'm not debating any issue except that she DOES HAVE executive experience, which the OP denied.

But I'll go ahead and put myself in the crossfire, and say that yes, executive experience is more important than other kinds of experience. Why? Because the Presidency is NOT a legislative job, nor is it a judicial job. The President is head of the Executive branch of government. That's the bottom line, and it is indisputable.

You need legislative experience No you don't, you don't pass legislation
You need lawmaking experience Again, you're not making laws
You need experience in being poor No more than you need experience being middle class, upper middle class, or wealthy. The poor are not all that matters, and economic wealth is not the end all of political positions
you need experience in leading troops I agree there, much like a mayor is responsible for a town's police force and the governor is in charge of the state police forces
you need experience in economics Nope, the President doesn't mess with economics, he enforces the law
you need experience in just about everything that encompasses America. It would be nice to have a well rounded President, but his job is to enforce the laws and lead the troops.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by avingard

Let me just repeat this again here.

Being mayor of town of 6000 aint executive experience, heck it aint experience at all.

Second of all, tell me, what was Mrs Palin doing between 2002 and 2006? She certainly wasnt in any elected position.

And thirdly, she hasnt even completed her first term, Righties have been making the case of experience for so long time, and people seem to be ducking while on the hypocrisy express with McCain.

Rightwingers just completely flip flopped, just because you support the man doesnt mean you have to agree with every flop he makes.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Except she has a very good chance of becoming commander in chief.

Statistically speaking, if McCain were to run a second term, he would only have a 50% chance of seeing the end of it, because that is the age span of a white male.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
What an embarrassment at the RNC tonight. A flippin' 2-bit comedy act of Guiliani and Palin, one-liner after one-liner.

When the crowd started chanting "drill baby, drill", I wanted to puke.

Where is the substance? Well that's right, there is none. Chasing after the front-runner like a backyard ankle-biter. Republicans now riding high on the reigns of the "real-change" bandwagon?

Have you ever noticed that John McCain never moves his head side to side without moving his body too?

That old cronenberger couldn't even change his own shirt for Christ's sake.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian

Once again being mayor, expecially over 6000 people in the middle, aint no experience. Read the thread again and you will see the definition of "executive experience", get it right.

Yeah! But being a state senator who voted present more than yea or nay ( and being a community organiser, cant forget that important job) is much, much more executivy type experince than running a town.
I mean its not like mayors can vote present and refuse to take a stand on the issues, and we all know the most important qualification for president in the ones Obama has in spades, top level buck passing, expert level flip flopping, and a complete lack of any character.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
What the frak? Really? Are your Neocons memories that short?

Last week you screamed "EXPERIENCE IS GOD! OBAMA HAS NO EXPERIENCE SO HE EQUALS SATAN!"

Today? "EXPERIENCE IS THE DEVIL! ANYONE WHO SAYS EXPERIENCE IS NEEDED IS ANTI AMERICAN!"

Really, short term memory loss is an early sign of Neocon BS.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

blog.washingtonpost.com...

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) didn't find time in his busy campaign schedule Thursday to make it back to the Capitol for votes on money for Iraq and Afghanistan as well as new educational benefits for veterans that he opposes. After all, even though he has been quite outspoken on the new GI Bill and even pushed a competing bill of his own, he still has to, um, win the Republican nomination (isn't Ron Paul still running??). And, apparently, he had to campaign and raise money in that pivotal swing state, California.

Through last week, McCain had missed a nice, round 60.0 percent of Senate votes so far in the 110th Congress. After Sen. Tim Johnson (D-S.D.), who was absent for several months following a brain hemorrhage, comes Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.),

Ya the name of this thread is a proper one...

[edit on 3-9-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
What the frak? Really? Are your Neocons memories that short?

Well that depends, are you going to remind us of something that actually happened, or just lie?

Last week you screamed "EXPERIENCE IS GOD! OBAMA HAS NO EXPERIENCE SO HE EQUALS SATAN!"

I see, you chose "lie". Typical.

Today? "EXPERIENCE IS THE DEVIL! ANYONE WHO SAYS EXPERIENCE IS NEEDED IS ANTI AMERICAN!"

And again

Really, short term memory loss is an early sign of Neocon BS.

How do you expect us to remember your hallucinations? We dont share them you know.

Bottom line, experience is important, whcih is why we put it at the top of the ticket. But young up and comming pols are cool too, so long as they get a chance to learn before sitting in the big chair, which is why Palin is the veep. I know you obamaniacs wish you where running against palin, but you arent. Youre running against Mccain. And Mccain, does have actual experience, both as a legislator, and in life. Mccain dealt with 5 years as a POW. Obama cant even deal with people talking about his ears.

[edit on 9/3/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Nice try.
But, again, you failed.
www.votesmart.org...

Obama has missed more than Mccain has. And while Mccain has had over 20 years to learn how the senate works, Obama has only been in office since 2004. As onj last year Obama had missed 75% of the senate votes. And this year? Hes missed almost all of them. So given that this is his first term as a senator, nad given thats hes missed 3/4th of the votes due to running, how can we even count his one senate term as Obamas experience?

No matter how you try to compare Mccains record, and Obamas lack of one, Mccain comes out ahead.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
How is what I said a lie? They came out with ads specifically calling Obama out about his lack of experience. Now they are screaming that experience is the devil and anyone who says you need experience is anti american.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

How is what I said a lie? They came out with ads specifically calling Obama out about his lack of experience.

Yes, because the President has to be, what was that phrase? Oh yes "ready on day one".

Now they are screaming that experience is the devil and anyone who says you need experience is anti american.

No we are saying that experience isnt as important in a VP as in a POTUS. A president cant afford to learn on the job, a VP can. Please show me one single republican politician who is saying that asking about experience is 'anti-american". Not ONE has. That is a lie. An Out and out, bald faced, undefensible, blatent lie.
Furthermore the republicans have spent the last two days talking about how they feel that the VP choic has more relevant experience than Barak, despite him debatebly having more years of experinece, (barely).
So yes experience is still important, but Mccain already has experience, he doesnt need a VP with one, becasue he isnt a rookie.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Except the VP is NEXT IN LINE! And with McCain he might not even make it to Election Day!

So again, see a doctor. Your memory span is extremly short. You can't even remember what you screamed about on Thursday and that was just seven days ago!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Except the VP is NEXT IN LINE! And with McCain he might not even make it to Election Day!

Uhuh. Thats what they said about Reagan. No offense but the "hes gonna DIE" argument is not only a loser, its tasteless and classless. When you best argument is "the other guy might die" its just shows how pathetic your own candidate is, becuase the only way he can compete, is against a dead man.

The fact is on the republican ticket, Mccain HAS to die, to put a rokkie at Bat, on the democratic ticket, NOONE has to die for the rookie to be at bat.

So again, see a doctor. Your memory span is extremly short. You can't even remember what you screamed about on Thursday and that was just seven days ago!

Again, I have no idea what you hallucinated last thursday. Sorry about that.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The ads screaming about Obama's lack experience. You know, the ones that said Experience was the only issue to vote on. Now suddenly experience doesn't matter and anyone who questions it is anti american.

See, short term memory. Very bad.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

The ads screaming about Obama's lack experience. You know, the ones that said Experience was the only issue to vote on. Now suddenly experience doesn't matter and anyone who questions it is anti american.

See, short term memory. Very bad.

Show me ONE, Just one republican saying "experience doesnt matter"
*SNIP*

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

Please refrain from making personal attacks against other members, and stick to the topic at hand.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

Um, are you new to ATS? Look at all the topics on Palin. Where they all say "Palin doesn't need experience! Experience doesn't matter!"

Oh wait, let me quote you, as you said "VPs don't need experience."

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Um, are you new to ATS? Look at all the topics on Palin. Where they all say "Palin doesn't need experience! Experience doesn't matter!"

Actually what I said was "a VP can learn on the Job a Pres can't."
That is a very different thing from "experience doesnt matter" And which members of ATS are republican office holders?
Sorry krikri, but your lieing again. Experience does matter, thats why its at the top of the republican ticket. Noone is saying experience doesnt matter, they are saying it isnt that important in a VP. n a president its is. Remind me which one of the democratic nominees has a paper thin resume again the VP or thr P?

Its really funny watching you obamaniacs twisting your brains into mush trying to explain why a VP needs experience but a President doesnt.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed

Actually what I said was "a VP can learn on the Job a Pres can't."
That is a very different thing from "experience doesnt matter" And which members of ATS are republican office holders?
Sorry krikri, but your lieing again. Experience does matter, thats why its at the top of the republican ticket. Noone is saying experience doesnt matter, they are saying it isnt that important in a VP. n a president its is. Remind me which one of the democratic nominees has a paper thin resume again the VP or thr P?

Its really funny watching you obamaniacs twisting your brains into mush trying to explain why a VP needs experience but a President doesnt.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

What is Palins executive experience again?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
So you yourself are saying Experience doesn't matter even though the ads specifically said don't vote Obama he doesn't have experience.

"Do you suffer from long term memory loss, I don't remember." Chumbawama

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian

What is Palins executive experience again?

Mayor of Wasilla and Governor of Alaska.
And yes Im fully aware you dont think being the mayor of a poducnk rednect hick town of 6000 people is "experience".
Too bad, because I could care less.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join