It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ark of the Covenant found

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
You are very welcome ..if you need more I have more .
I have been reading and digging into all that I could get my hands on for about 10 years now ..since I got the Internet lol .
I wanted to know everything about everything ..like a kid in a candy store .
I am an information junkie lol ..

I grew up in Alaska ,spent my whole childhood there ..on an island..no electricity no running water ..an outhouse ...just us and nature (Was awesome) and very few people (mostly just family ..a few more familys lived at the other end of the Island ...
But there wasnt very much to read for school so my mother (instead of sending off for all those expensive school books) she made me do my homework out of Encyclopedias ..and of course my science projects and art projects etc were all about nature,sea creatures,plants,animals etc that made me knowledge hungry .
Then I went to real school as a teen ..didnt learn a thing lol ...dropped out in 9th grade ....
So when I got to the states and got my hands on the Internet I went nuts Self teaching ...lol ...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

wow and

that is a very inspiring story. Proves that the quest for knowledge trumps any previous situation, once you got your hands on the resources it was over wasn't it? and that was great of your mother to do that, cool on her!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Yes she was an awesome teacher of many things ..
She passed a few years ago ...but I never forgot not even one precious moment I had with her .
She was my mom ....my mentor ..my best friend ..
And I could only dream of being the person that she was inside of her heart ..
She loved people ..and did everything for anyone who asked anything of her.
Willingly and loveingly .

Ok sorry I am getting off topic ..enough yakking about my life now ..lol

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valicity
It's been said that the Ark of the Covenant arrived 3,000 years ago in Aksum, Ethiopia and is being guarded by a succession of virgin monks who cannot leave the the Chapel. They say it's on an island in Lake Tana. Tana Kirkos-the island of the ark. Only the appointed guardian can set eyes upon the Ark.

Does anyone believe this? Because the only way I'll believe in Christ is to have proof, and this is the only proof I can think of. The bible could easily be false information. Anything in it could be made up or exaggerated to make us think there's a god. I'd need to talk to the guardian to believe it though, since I can't see it myself. What makes it more difficult is that women are not allowed near the island.

I know all about the Ark supposedly being in Ethiopia (my hub is from there) but there is a problem with the time line. From the last recorded whereabouts of the ark in the bible and the time that the Ethiopians say it arrived....is about a 500 hundred year difference and probably didn't happen. You should watch the "Naked Archaeologist" it's a pretty good show and surprisingly pretty informative and factual. Also if there was proof that Christ existed you wouldn't have to believe because it would be common knowledge, that's why it called Faith...not fact.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Psalm 68:29-31
Because of Your Temple at Jerusalem kings will bring presents to you
rebuke the beasts of the reeds, The herd of bulls with the calves of the peoples, Till everyone submits himself with pieces of silver. Scatter the peoples who delight in war.
Envoys will come out of Egypt: Ethiopia will quickly stretch out her hands to God.

I know its kind of a random thread, but I just wanted to give one example of the many times Ethiopia is mentioned in the bible.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

It's been said that the Ark of the Covenant arrived 3,000 years ago in Aksum, Ethiopia and is being guarded by a succession of virgin monks who cannot leave the the Chapel. They say it's on an island in Lake Tana. Tana Kirkos-the island of the ark. Only the appointed guardian can set eyes upon the Ark.

Does anyone believe this?

The thread title is extremely misleading. "Ark of the Covenant found" does not correlate to "It's been said that the Ark ... arrived 3,000 years ago" and "They say it's on an island..."

Who has said this? Who are they that say it's on an island? References?

Your speculation does not correlate to a find.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
[You should watch the "Naked Archaeologist" it's a pretty good show]

I love that show ..and I saw that same show your talking about ..
Was very interesting ..so is he ...he looks at everything from all sides .

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nightlark

I apologize. I meant to put a question mark at the end of the topic but it was too late once I realized it. And I didn't mean it to be misleading. I also didn't mean it was found recently. If I meant that, I would've put an exclamation mark after "found".

It was in an article from December 2007. I didn't find it online.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Valicity]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius
there are asian texts that describe a white man in a robe who came from far away to talk to Buddah,

Please produce the evidence.

Iasion

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Christ was also written about in many of the historical documents

Really?
Why don't you cite them ?

(if you care to search)

I have.
There is no contemporary historical evidence for Jesus or the Gospel events.
Not one single person in history ever met any Jesus.

All we have is writings of BELIEVERS from long aftewards.

Even King Herod wrote about him ...

Rubbish.

(sure those documents could be false )

What documents?
Please cite them.

Iasion

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hi all. i am a new poster, but have been lurking around here for a while. anyways, i think that some of you might be interested in a man by the name of ron wyatt, who had claimed to have found the ark in Jerusalem. it is a very interesting read, and if you google him, you can find his story.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Valicity

The ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC statement that you can only believe in God if you can have proof of his(her) existence by actually seeing the words he wrote with his own hand...

Can you see love? Then it does not exist.

Can you see hope? Then it does not exist.

Can you see your own future when God comes and you denied him?

Ouch.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Iasion

I have to cook dinner I will be back soon and will get a link for you ok.

I have heard About Ron Wyatt and found it to be very interesting .

I also have a ebook that might interest some of you .

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Trust me if this was real the fundamental jews would be all over it, ninja style, seriously, there is no way if the location of the ark was publicly known and not in the hands of one of the fundamental jewish movements that it would remain so for long.

It's not the dome of the rock, stealing it wont cause israel to get attacked en mass by the rest of the region, this isnt real.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

You might want to consider the specifics very carefully because disobedience brings death and the entity in the Ark never sleeps.

[edit on 9/2/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Does anyone believe this? Because the only way I'll believe in Christ is to have proof, and this is the only proof I can think of. The bible could easily be false information. Anything in it could be made up or exaggerated to make us think there's a god. I'd need to talk to the guardian to believe it though, since I can't see it myself. What makes it more difficult is that women are not allowed near the island.

This story has shown its ugly head time and time again without any proof what so ever. I suggest we throw a ton of dust back on it and bury it for good.

[edit on 9/2/2008 by Evisscerator]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
"reply to post by Iasion

"

There is also a show on the History channel about this. I think its called the footsteps of Jesus. It talks about how a group of monks (in Tibet I think, but don't quote me) met a man who called himself Jesus and they supposedly taught him about love, and peace and all that other groovy stuff, but Jesus wanted to share it with the world and the monks felt these teaching should be secret. It was a very interesting show.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Iasion
I went to your thread
Very interesting thread I must say.
I know I read a letter from some King to Jesus (may not have been Harod)I just cannot find it .After I stumbled onto it I went digging and they claimed it a forgery and I believed it so I did not keep it on my puter.
There was someone on your thread though that posted this letter,
wesley.nnu.edu...
And I was thinking it could be possible that that was the letter I found too.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
reply to post by Valicity

The ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC statement that you can only believe in God if you can have proof of his(her) existence by actually seeing the words he wrote with his own hand...

Can you see love? Then it does not exist.

Can you see hope? Then it does not exist.

Can you see your own future when God comes and you denied him?

Ouch.

I'm agnostic. Which means, I only believe in things I can see or there is scientific proof of it's existance. I have not experienced love, so I do not believe in it, and I have no hope.

I believe man created god to make an excuse as to why we are here. To give us faith. Have you noticed how humans are the only animal who thinks they deserve to be happy? Every other creature just wants to survive. I believe man creating god was just a way for us to seperate ourselves from the wild.

That's why I need proof of god. Sorry if that sounded rude at all.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The Ark in Ethiopia is a copy. Do you really believe King Solomon would give away their most powerful, sacred possession? The Ark with the ten commandments was and is still hidden in a cave below the spot where Jesus was crucified, near the Garden tomb. Ron Wyatt who is not a fake or scam artist was led to it. I've got his videos and they are digging again near the garden tomb. I haven't been a Christian since 1975, but I'm convinced Ron was sincere and believed everything he talked about. I don't think he's correct on the Noah's ark info. but I do think he found the Ark of the Covenant, Mt. Sanai, the crucifixion site, and some other things. Angels are protecting the Ark and won't let it be found until the time is right. That time will probably be when the Illuminati are finally defeated. If released now the Illuminati would do their best to steal it or use it to their advantage in some way or try to destroy it. The Ark itself was not the source power which won battles for the Israelites. It was whatever entity that playing God there. Do I believe it was the Supreme being of all universes? No. There is no evidence for a Supreme being. Spiritual beings and Ets yes. But how would you prove a being is supreme. You can't. And if there is, do you think it would waste it's time on this speck of dust called earth? It was more likely an Annunaki.

Valicity, the word agnostic means you don't know.

www.youtube.com...
www.wyattmuseum.com

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Sargoth]

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Sargoth]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join