It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ark of the Covenant found

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It's been said that the Ark of the Covenant arrived 3,000 years ago in Aksum, Ethiopia and is being guarded by a succession of virgin monks who cannot leave the the Chapel. They say it's on an island in Lake Tana. Tana Kirkos-the island of the ark. Only the appointed guardian can set eyes upon the Ark.

Does anyone believe this? Because the only way I'll believe in Christ is to have proof, and this is the only proof I can think of. The bible could easily be false information. Anything in it could be made up or exaggerated to make us think there's a god. I'd need to talk to the guardian to believe it though, since I can't see it myself. What makes it more difficult is that women are not allowed near the island.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Wouldn't such a thing only be proof of Judaism?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eleleth
Wouldn't such a thing only be proof of Judaism?

My thoughts exactly. Though the possibility of Jesus existing is very real it seems to me that the Old and New testament were never meant to be one book. IMO they are representative of two very different religions and represent two different and distinct gods. Even if the ark was found, it would only prove that it was made by man and written about. Unless people burst into flames when they touch it Indiana Jones style, it wouldn't be that great of a revelation to me.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Thats what they say ..
No one is sure if that is the real one or not ..
Because they wont allow anyone to see it ..so no one can say for sure.

It did get lost supposedly so it is still out there somewhere .I happen to believe that the Jews hid it under the city somewhere and know exactly where it is and will bring it out at just the right time ...But I could be wrong that is just a hunch I have ....

And (I believe) the main reason Christians want to see the ark found is because they know then that the Jews will then rebuild their temple ..and that means that the day of the Lord is even closer ..they have to have a temple in order for them to resume sacrifices like the word says they will ..And in order for the AC to physically stand in the temple and claim to be God ..
(I can see Dave420 doing that cant you LOL just a joke Dave ) ......
I mean really the AC could very well say that he is god for the same reasons Dave thinks men are God ..the AC will do the same ...worship me ..I am man ..but man is God ...see what I mean ?

Anyway thats my 2 cents

I personally do not need to see an ark for me to believe ...I already do believe .
Nothing found or not found will change my mind either way ...

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well I see it "really hasn't been found" crap!

I came to this thread with high hopes!

Anyway, I saw that TV show about what you all are talking about.

Where the fenced in building is guarded by a chosen guardian of the Ark.

NO one is allow to check it out inside.

So, its still up in the air.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Valicity

Ark or no ark there are many better reasons to believe in Christ - Namely the resurrection. As for the ark- there is some possibility it is in Ethiopia- I doubt it..We know from Revelation at time the temple is rebuilt and defiled they are worshiping again. This would I think mean the Ark is back in Holy of Holies. I think it was hidden in tunnels underneath Jerusalem. There was recently a show on about this - I forget which station - maybe History Channel or NG

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
LOL BLack we posted the same things at the same time ...

What is it they say about two minds thinking alike lol ..

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
i think it's almost a given that there was a man on the earth 2000 years ago named Christ. you don't have to believe in the bible at all to believe that Christ was here, he was an active student in a way, traveled to other lands and studied their religions; there are asian texts that describe a white man in a robe who came from far away to talk to Buddah, it was written that they held a discussion just the 2 of them in a room for over a week eithout coming out, and no food or water brought to them. Many culture around this time wrote of a christ like person. He was here, i have no doubt. I do not know what my spiritual convictions are, there are too many things in the bible that just don't fit for me, but it shouldn't be a question as to wrether a man named Christ was here; he was.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
There appears to be only one Island on Lake Tana called Dek Island and there are some Monastries on it.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Christ was also written about in many of the historical documents (if you care to search) Even King Herod wrote about him ...(sure those documents could be false )
Dont get the Lord Jesus Christ confused with others who said they were Christ
There were some even written about in the NT (look up Apollyon (Cant spell sorry ) online) there was someone in Christs days who did miracles too ..and said that he was Christ ..(do some digging I did not know that till I looked into him online) He may have been the one who supposedly traveled all over the world back then ...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Found this

Hamburg - Archaeologists believe they have found the Queen of Sheba's palace at Axum, Ethiopia and an altar which held the most precious treasure of ancient Judaism, the Ark of the Covenant, the University of Hamburg said Wednesday. Scientists from the German city made the startling find during their spring excavation of the site over the past three months.

The Ethiopian queen was the bride of King Solomon of Israel in the 10th century before the Christian era. The royal match is among the memorable events in the Bible.

Ethiopian tradition claims the Ark, which allegedly contained Moses' stone tablets on which the Ten Commandments were written, was smuggled to Ethiopia by their son Menelek and is still in that country.

The University said scientists led by Helmut Ziegert had found remains of a 10th-century-BC palace at Axum-Dungur under the palace of a later Christian king. There was evidence the early palace had been torn down and realigned to the path of the star Sirius.

The team hypothesized that Menelek had changed religion and become a worshipper of Sirius while keeping the Ark, described in the Bible as an acacia-wood chest covered with gold. Remains of sacrifices of bullocks were evident around the altar.

The research at Axum, which began in 1999, is aimed at documenting the origins of the Ethiopian state and the Ethiopian Orthodox Church.

"The results we have suggest that a Cult of Sothis developed in Ethiopia with the arrival of Judaism and the Ark of the Covenant and continued until 600 AD," the announcement said. Sothis is the ancient Greek name for a star thought to be Sirius.

The team said evidence for this included Sirius symbols at the site, the debris of sacrifices and the alignment of sacred buildings to the rising-point of Sirius, the brightest star in the sky.

Copyright, respective author or news agency
www.earthtimes.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

cool, i never heard about that...can u u2u me a way to start my searches? i don't know the best way to begin...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Tana Kirkos is in a maze of outcroppings, I've heard. Hmm, I've just been looking for proof there's a real god. The way I see it right now, if there is a god, he's just watching us like a movie with a massive storyline. Just for amusement. I'd like a reason to stop believing that's all we are, just pawns in a big game of chess.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Valicity]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
didn't Tony Robinson cover this years ago?
he was granted no access to said shrine and therefore the production team
ahem
grew a myth

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Sure here ya go
Ancient Documents of all kinds
www.geocities.com...

Many other Ancient Texts
www.pseudepigrapha.com...

Internet Sacred Texts Archive
www.sacred-texts.com...

Internet Christian Library
www.thedcl.org...

On-Line Primary Literature
Related to ancient Near Eastern religions, Hellenistic Mediterranian religions and Biblical Study
ccat.sas.upenn.edu...

Biblioteca Arcana
www.cs.utk.edu...

One more
www.ancienttexts.org...

Ok that ought to keep you busy for awhile

Its alot to dig through ...well worth the skim and bookmark though if you ever want to look into stuff ...

Oh here is someone else who did their homework .
Is There Another Jesus?
or
An Encyclopedia of False Christs
www.geocities.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
You might want to start with the old testament which plainly states that the Ark of the Covenant can only be viewed by the High Priest and then only on a single day of the year. When the Ark was moved it was placed in a chest that was a larger image of the Ark. You might want to consider the specifics very carefully because disobedience brings death and the entity in the Ark never sleeps.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The interesting part of that show, was the golden medallions that supposedly picture the ark in it.
With the medallions they computer generated what the inside of Solomen's Temple must have looked like. I thought it was a very fascinating show...

But, as per the title..
NO, nothing has been proven.

Wouldn't another country have gone in there and taken the ark if it was there? Remember this is the most power artifact of the Jews. One guy guards it?

I'm skeptical....

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Here are some pictures of where it is supposedly at
jcsm.org...

PS I am a skeptic too ..

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

holy crow! i wish i could flag a reply, you have just provided me with hours of material that go straight from the land of hobby to the domain of obsession! LOL, seriously, i really get into the history of religions, thank you so much for all of those links!
e.p.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Not sure if any of you have seen this ..Kind of off topic but not really .
This was in April
Mock Passover Sacrifice Slammed by Pro-Animal Group
www.israelnationalnews.com...

They did get the ok and they did do it .
(Sorry I cant find that link but I am still looking )

Another Interesting link
Renew animal sacrifices on Mount' says radical rabbi
Member of Sanhedrin says sacrifices 'were not possible when the people of Israel were in the Diaspora, but now they are.' Adds: Jerusalem Temple should be rebuilt, Israeli government standing in our way.
www.ynetnews.com...

<<   2 >>

join