It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Israel should accept nuclear Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
... and as for what mr. Biden said:

finally some sense coming out from someone that may be the next vice president...

but, I'm afraid, if he continues speaking like this, the owned media
will do what they are paid for: ruin Obama's chances for victory...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Iran has the right to nuclear power if it wishes so.

I think its great that the U.S democrats are standing up for Iran.

If you look at what 60 years of Israel has done to the once nation of Palestine, guided by British and U.S money. About time a western country told Israel to shut it.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Looks like they just figured out that Israel has no OIL an Iran has a bunch of it.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Biden is a joke. If they somehow won the White House it would be a very fast four year until the GOP used that to toss the DNC out of office. Israel might not... Strike that..Will not give a crap what Obama or Biden think. They will wipe Iran off the map if pushed too it. Honestly, put yourself in their shoes. Just about the entire world hates Israel for whatever reason....Iran is just another bump..No one will care and the UN will slap them on the wrist. My guess is China and Germany will have enough power to keep any serious sanctions from hurting Israel.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ergoli

The world seems to have responded to a change in policy. There are no "sponsors" for an Iran attack. A lot were dumping the dollar and pushing up oil futures, probably the Chinese mostly. Now the US has turned to confronting the Russians, the dollar has rebounded.
Apparently, even with a Shanghai accord with the Chinese, the Russians seem to have been left out. Apparently, the conflict is not bad by the Chinese, for now.
This will change.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
Obama just lost the race.

oh come on

what is it with everyone.

THIS IS GOOD CHANGE !!

we are so used to "lets bomb them to death and talk later" politics

now we are getting real.

Obama could go and win it cos of this statment i feel.

depends who you are and what u believe i suppose

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
well, well, it seems that we were 'celebrating' prematurely:

A spokesman for US Democratic vice presidential candidate Joseph Biden on
Monday scathingly rejected an Army Radio report which claimed Biden told Jerusalem
officials three years ago that he firmly opposed an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities and
that Israel would likely have to come to terms with a nuclear Iran.

"This is a lie peddled by partisan opponents of Senators Obama and Biden and we will not tolerate anyone questioning Senator Biden's 35-year record of standing up for the security of Israel," Biden's press secretary, David Wade, said in a statement.

source

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

I am Iranian and the spirit of his wording was to meant to say remove them from the planet...merci kalimamnoon...

I think the last thing Iran needs is Nuclear weapons...first they should allow woman more freedom, allow people to listen to whatever music they want...etc...yada yada...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Good job Biden!

I hate to tread these political discussions, especially given the remaining lame ducks we're calling candidates, but I have to agree with Joe Biden on this one.

His statement is the only logical path for countries the size of Iran. If this were a country the size of say, Cuba, it may be another story all together. If you had a country that size and in that geographical situation, why not focus on tidal, wind, or even solar energy development? Given the size of Iran, their only choice to step into the 21st century and provide a decent, current, livable society for it's people is the choice of nuclear energy.

Now, whether or not they want to allow their technology to fall into the hands of those that would do ill will towards enemies is another story altogether. However, given it's past dealings (Saddam), I don't think America is in any place to tell Iran who or what weapons, whether conventional, nuclear or biological - they can sell their allies.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by xion329alpha
Iran has the right to nuclear power if it wishes so.

My sentiments exactly.

However, given the quote above by donhuangunaro, I'm retracting my above statement. Apparently Biden is with all the other idiots we're electing to our congress in that he agrees Israel should be coddled and breast fed by America until it grows up to be the playground bully and spoiled brat.

Oh, wait ... that's already happened. Sorry, Hammas ... looks like Israel is going to be wanting that milk money still. Even though their milk supplies have been prepaid in full by America for the next couple centuries.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Iran has to put up with a Nuclear Israel, it's only fair to return the favour.

Iran has attacked fewer countries than Israel has, which is quite impressive considering the relative ages of both countries.

Any other stance is hypocritical beyond belief. If we're talking about aggressors, well, the only country in the world that has used nuclear weapons in anger is the US, and no-one's calling for the US to not have them.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper

Salaam, I speak Farsi too. As koja shomaahleh hastid?

I understand his meaning as well, and it does not mean "wipe off the map."

The translation means in understandable English: "The Imam said that Zionism (the regime occupying the land of Jerusalem) should vanish from future events."

Of course, anyone who is bent on war will think this means to kill off Jews, when it actually means to stop supporting Zionists and preventing them from committing any more terrorism.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
In the 80's Iran is a future ally of the united states. Somehow, those against islam made it an enemy. Joe Biden seems to remember the 80's.
In all, the importance of mid-east countries is fuel. We're trying the front door now, looks like it's wise to keep the backdoor open.

The U.S. allies are concerned about mid-east nuclear developement. If you don't get along with your neighbor and it has a missle silo on the front lawn do you feel safe?

Israel's clandestine developement is the same as Iran's. There's going to be that tale of "just an energy need".

The U.S. and its puppets the saga goes on.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

GUYS DO NOT BE STUPID!!!

Iran has stated that it wants to wip out USA and Israel. They have every intetion to use it to for bombs.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Originally posted by all2human
Yes, but a nuclear Iran doesn't mean a nuclear ARMED Iran

That's because the technology to manufacture both nuclear fuel rods for a reactor core and nuclear weapons is largely the same. If you have the capability to create one, you can create the other.

To correct you not the same weapons Grade is much more refined You just cant take somthing radio active and blow it up doesnt work that way.

To correct you, Iran recently admitted to possessing 4,000 centrifuges which are used for uranium refinement. They want 6,000. What's to say they are going to stop enriching the uranium they have when it's good enough to build fuel rods with?

The point is, they now have the technology to create atomic weapons. When you possess the tech to create fuel rods, you possess the tech to create weapons. That's why the U.N., the U.S. and everyone else has their panties in a bunch over Iran possessing this technology. If being able to create nuclear power didn't mean being able to create weapons then the world wouldn't give a second thought to their actions.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
reply to post by marinesniper

Salaam, I speak Farsi too. As koja shomaahleh hastid?

I understand his meaning as well, and it does not mean "wipe off the map."

The translation means in understandable English: "The Imam said that Zionism (the regime occupying the land of Jerusalem) should vanish from future events."

Of course, anyone who is bent on war will think this means to kill off Jews, when it actually means to stop supporting Zionists and preventing them from committing any more terrorism.

Still sounds like a threat to me, no matter which way you say it.

I wonder, how will you spin his translation if Iran detonates a nuclear bomb somewhere in Israel? Still just a big mis-understanding, right?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirdcac

GUYS DO NOT BE STUPID!!!

Iran has stated that it wants to wip out USA and Israel. They have every intetion to use it to for bombs.

Sources? And in case you neglected to read anything before posting, check out the first few pages of the thread. Information is cited alluding to the Zionist regime, yes, but I can GUARANTEE you that if an explicit threat was made against the US, then Bush would've carpet-bombed Iran to the stone age.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Some people just don't get it. Iran hates Israel and if they thought they could take them, they would try. Not one single country who has a nuclear arsenal wants Iran to join in the pissing contest.

I'm a Democrat and I was floored when Bush got a second term. The man is just dumb, yet he won a second term. It hurts my head to think about it.Lol

Positions on Israel will make or break a candidate. The Bible belt put Bush in and the Bible belt doesn't want anyone to even look at Israel wrong. I'm in Ohio, which is a swing State and I can tell you that just like Obama took the counties from the major cities, he lost to Hillary in all the surrounding counties. This will repeat when Obama once again takes the major city population but will lose to McCain from all the surrounding counties.

It can't be stopped and comments like this from Biden doesn't help one bit. I will not vote for a candidate that doesn't support Israel 110%. I will flip my vote and not bat an eye.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
I will not vote for a candidate that doesn't support Israel 110%.

So that's the most important issue in an election to you? I thought that, surely, the well-being of a country you actually live in would be paramount, but hey, I guess more war with more people is the best possible course of action for the US.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Some people just don't get it. Iran hates Israel ...

Some people just don't get it. Vise Versa.

This isn't our dance. This fued has been going on for decades ... it'll continue for decades. With or without the U.S.

I will not vote for a candidate that doesn't support Israel 110%.

What's Israel doing for you?

What if it were Madagascar that was developing nuclear facilities? Would you have your panties in a wad?

The fact is, you're afraid of Iran because someone told you to be. Someone twisted a leader's words and you fell for it. Now you believe that Iran is the big bad wolf and you'll support anyone hell bent on "liberating" this evil country.

I got a better idea. Rather than baby-sitting Israel, how about we try to fix the health care system and make sure everyone has social security when their time comes. Are these issues not as important as whether or not someone agrees with Israel? Because you're certainly placing your political choice on a country that does nothing for you, and allowing your own country to do the exact same thing for you: nothing.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by tyranny22]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join