It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Israel should accept nuclear Iran

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
reply to post by Horza

Wrong.

82% of Americans DO NOT want a Nuclear Iran.

And 82% of Americans think Iran wants to make bombs and not energy.

While this message is filled with good intent, I don't think it was necessarily a wise decision on Bidens part. The problem is that it would likely be easier to change Irans mind on the "Zionist Regime", than it is to change Israels mind on Iran. They're bound to get an entirely different message. To them, it may seem as though Biden's claiming Israel won't have US support in military action against Iran after Bush is gone. The only thing this is likely to accomplish is to hasten any unilateral action Israel may take on the issue. "Let's start shooting while we still have backup...".

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4x4fun
I would bet that Israel might be ok with Iran having peaceful Nuclear Technology if;
1) Iran weren't a terrorist nation and a terrorist supporter

Do you know how many terrorist organisations the US has supported over the years?

Just because the US calls Iran a terrorist state, doesn't mean it's true.

The US is also sponsoring terror groups inside Iran, with the goal of overthrowing the democratically elected government,much the same as they did in 1953, before they installed their puppet, The Shah.

Did you know that the CIA trained and backed SAVAK secret police falsely arrested, tortured and murdered hundreds of thousands of people during the puppet Shah's reign?

Did you know that the UK and US installed the puppet shah because they wanted control of the oil in Iran, and that the current situation came about because after the islamic revolution the oil industry in Iran was nationalised?

Perhaps if the west kept its collective nose out, there wouldn't be so much trouble in the region.

The UK started it, the US has carried it on.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by feydrautha

OK, how about The Guardian newspaper?

Is that more of a reliable source for you?

A quick google revealed thousands of publications, which ran the TRUE story - are all of them biassed?

Here's another, which includes the original speech in farsi:

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

You do not have to look any further than how Iran treats its
own citizens to know that it has much worse in store for others.

To think otherwise is naive at best, and blind optimism at worst.

Not all things end well, and this will be one that will not end well.

I do not side with the Jews or the Islamists, I think both sides
follow religious dogma to the peril of the entire world.

WW3 will start in that region, or Georgia/Russia and billions will die
in the end of it all.

Look for WW3 to start between now and early 2009.

My plans are already made.

Check out Survival Blog for a heads up.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I heard something a while back about Iran wanting to destroy the jews and Israel? I think the guys name was Ach.. Achmen..en, I forget his name I'll have to look up the exact quotes.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Iran treats it's citizens much in the same manner as the U.S. has treated it's citizens. There's always going to be extreme examples that can be referenced on both sides.

No doubt, I'm sure someone will list the non-acceptance of gay persons as a mark against Iran, however, I think that's very minor in regards to the legalized lynchings that the U.S. allowed no more than a half century ago here in America.

Certainly, the comfort of living differs greatly in Iran than in the U.S., but when the Western world increases this gap by creating sanctions, or lobbying against nuclear energy development, how can anything else be expected? It's hypocritical, to say the least.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hannamtong

Is this a joke?

Read the thread.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
All of you ignorant idiots saying how innocent Iran is are just dumb. Iran hates America, hates Israel, and essentially hates everything that is not Iran. The only reason we haven't already blown the # out of them was because like it or not Sadam Hussein was keeping them in check. Now he's gone so they can focus on eliminating Israel, and then try to eliminate the US. Either way, if Iran wages war with Israel it will be a sad day for Iranians since Israel has proven time and time again that they are a force to be reckoned with.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I do know alot about US, Iran relations, past and present.
You've asked several questions that I don't feel deserve relevance or much response at this point considering much of it is interpretation. Please, if you wish to discuss the questions you wanted answered by me in your post, then reliable documented proof would be needed.
And please, a bunch of questions are lame unless you are wanting to learn something, and we could do this all day if I had time, so just document your comments with reliable documentation from reliable sources and just state the facts that are available to each and everyone one of us.

thanks

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 4x4fun

Of course they don't deserve relevance or response
or obviously, syntax.

I've addressed the points you raised, which also did not have any sources apart from an incorrect one from the BBC.

So please, if you're going to play that particular game, make sure your points are sourced as well.

Everything I posted has been very well documented, your point about Iran being a terrorist nation which sponsors terrorism has but one source - the office of GW Bush

[edit on 2/9/2008 by budski]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Your pointing out my syntax errors is, an argument easily won.
My point that you origninally quoted in my first post however was only that Iran is a terrorist nation.
You are free to believe what you want to believe and I won't have a problem with that.
You also seem to be an abundant source of information.

I'm guessing that since you seem to be wary of the reasoning our Government classifies Iran as a terrorist nation, you would be just as wary if my sources were from our allies or Irans own neighbors, so anything listed from those sources would be garbage to you?

I'm not sure what your argument with me is. Please clarify.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

SectionEight- you nailed it when you said,

'Obama just lost the race'.
This, while people are going on about Iran's right to have weapons...lol !

Joseph just torpeedoed Barack Obama, pure and simple. Probably the only torpeedo in history that saved a life...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Skelkie3

NOTE: In a previous post, I made the following statement: ' probably the only torpeedo in history that saved a life'.

In no way do I imply any knowledge of intent by any persons to do harm to any other persons. Even if they anger Israel. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Originally posted by all2human
Yes, but a nuclear Iran doesn't mean a nuclear ARMED Iran

Of course it doesn't, but when people hear "nuclear" Iran on the news, and are misinformed, they automatically assume an Iran with nuclear weapons.

Same goes with "Iran obtaining nuclear technology." People assume they're trying to find the technology to make a bomb, not build an energy plant for its citizens.

News and media propoganda has already done its damage, and because of it people are willing to go to war with Iran because they haven't realized they've been misled by the media.

I agree that Iran has the right to nuclear power...but it would help if their leader wasn't absolutely insane.

(yes, I know Bush isn't great, but I don't consider him insane, or wanting to wipe out an entire country based solely on their religion.)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I don't see why people are still arguing this.

Its quite evident in several reports released by not only the US but other countries, that Iran wants to go beyond nuclear power. Why do you think there have been several meetings over this?

Unfortunately, thanks to coward countries overseas and possible an Obama/Biden presidency, I await the day where I wake up and see Israel in ashes.

Its not a matter of if, but when.

Other countries that have pursued nuclear weapons did so solely for protection, none of these countries, from what I recall, have threatened to every wipe neighbors off a map.

Iran has made its intentions clear. I don't understand why so many people are in denial.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
" I think that's very minor in regards to the legalized lynchings that the U.S. allowed no more than a half century ago here in America. "

America has made some human rights progress in the last century, Iran and many muslim countries have made very little, your blind hate is very regressive, try being more progressive.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Israel isnt the only one who doesnt want Iran to have the bomb dont forget the Arab world too.And if i was a Palestinian i would want to have the bomb either one good hit and goodbye Gaza and west bank and lovely radiation clouds into Jordon and eastward it just wont stay in Israel just for you Israelie haters.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
Obama just lost the race.

I second that quote and add this for americas enemies-

"In times of war or uncertainty there is a special breed of warrior ready to answer our Nation's call. A common man with uncommon desire to succeed. Forged by adversity, he stands alongside America's finest special operations forces to serve his country, the American people, and protect their way of life. I am that man.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ergoli

A rather wise insight by the democratic vice-presidential nominee. Iran's right to nuclear energy is internationally guaranteed by the NPT, to which Iran and USA are signatories. (unlike India or Israel)

www.presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Iran broke the rules of the NPT by keeping nuclear work secret for nearly 20 years.

Are you saying countries should be able to just pick and choose which parts of international law they abide by? I suppose you'll start deflecting that argument onto Israel and the US, so maybe I should just ask if you think international treaties should even exist?

As for Biden........he'e either very brave or very stupid for telling the Israeli's things they don't want to hear.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4x4fun
reply to post by budski

I'm guessing that since you seem to be wary of the reasoning our Government classifies Iran as a terrorist nation, you would be just as wary if my sources were from our allies or Irans own neighbors, so anything listed from those sources would be garbage to you?

I'm not sure what your argument with me is. Please clarify.

It's not an argument as such, it's merely that I think there are two sides to this and that it's a little convenient to simply label Iran just because GWB said they part of an axis of evil - a term which gained an inordinate amount of press coverage and was simply a tool to use as an excuse for the economic imperialism practised by the bush administration.

The historical factors here are very important, in understanding why Iran has labelled the US "The Great Satan" with bush then coming up with his axis of evil bullplop.

I firmly believe that if we (US and UK) had not been interfering in the region in the way that we have, there would be little or no problem with Iran.

It can easily be seen that Iran is quite happy to trade fairly with countries who don't have a history of massive interference - even the "lesser satan", Russia is now a major trading partner of Iran, as is china.

The Israel question also comes into play here, as the US is seen in the region as the big kid standing behind the playground bully, when Israel has been guilty of diabolical atrocities - so by defualt, supporters of Israel are tarred with the same brush, even if they hadn't a history of interference in the first place.

In fact there is far more evidence to support the US as a major backer of terror organisations than there is Iran, and the US (and UK) have a much longer history of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join