It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS member Religion. What if he was telling the truth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Many on here will be familiar with the now closed down thread by Religion, "This will be my last night on Earth"( Link below)
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

He spoke of communicating with the Greys over a long period of time which ultimatly ended in him begging for them to take him to their planet.

Tonight Will Be My Last Night On Earth

"I have made final arrangements, months of planning and debating and a species of Greys have finally accepted. I will taken to a planet, far away in another solar system, habitable with oxygen and h20, among various animal species like none you or I have ever seen before. It will take approximately 23 days and 13 hours for arrival, and I will go through my journey in suspended animation. I am, however, not the first human being to be taken to permanently stay on another planet, but I am one of the first. Tonight I will spend quite sometime watching, and waiting before the stars for my ride to arrive.

Good luck to Earth and all of you believers. You're going to need it come soon. "

Now Im not sure if he was telling the truth or not but for some reason this thread has had an impact on me more than most of late.
I came across religion several weeks before his "departure". He spoke of the Greys ships and gave graffic descriptions of them and how he wished to leave with them. I never be-little people who talk of alien abductions, but his claim went further than abduction it had become a life choice. I spoke to him in a neutral way as really like many I didnt know what to think.

So really my point to this thread is this:-

As ATS members how did we treat Religion with his claims of leaving the Earth, if he was indeed telling the truth?

Did we help him, did we try to listen and guide him? What if he really believed this to be the truth in his minds world? Did we shatter his dreams, is it out place to shatter others realities?

Isnt ATS the place for such individuals to seek others to talk to and discuss alien visitations?

Maybe it was all just a creation in his mind, but what if it wasnt?

Truth is often stranger than fiction. I guess whatever the truth we will never know. Either hes long gone or still here. He is now unable to log on as Religion to tell us his story due to the reaction ATS members gave him.

SO whats your take on how ATS members treated the very different individual named Religion?

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Mr Green]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
His last visit was Aug 23,, the thread in question was posted on the 22.

That to me suggests, that he just wanted to leave ATS with a bit of flare. If he had really left with Aliens, he wouldn't have checked back, or if the greys did have internet he'd still be here.

But then again he claimed that he would be put in suspended animation. Perhaps he'll return at the end of his "journey".

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Maybe a supermod or one of the 3 amigos can check to see if there has been any other visitors to ATS from the same IP address?

If I were to pull a hoax in this ilk, I wouldn´t be able to stop myself from checking how the community reacted to my disappearance.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Thank you for calling attention to this thread. I didn't read it when it was open as I thought it probably a hoax. Did not care to waste my time or ATS space with a senseless or rude reply.

Now, thanks, to you again, I have read this entire thread. It does upset me.

I thought we were to attack the subject of the post and not the poster. Clearly the poster was attacked by many. We should all be as kind as Antar.

The member Religion was called crazy and verbally attacked in many ways. Why? For what purpose are people rude and hateful? Does it create a false since of superior intelligence to berate others? Maybe some people are just trying to be clever.

I'm wondering lately if all humanity has lost it's ability to be kind and helpful. Drivers on the roadways, store clerks and the general public
seem to have a meanness about them. People are pushy, greedy and generally hateful more now that I have ever seen.

I try my best to refrain from saying anything if I can't say something nice. I know...this sounds like something a grandmother would say. I was young one time long ago and through my mistakes I have learned that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

I am under the impression that many,if not most,ATS members are not happy with the situation our world is in. We want a better way of life for ourselves and our children.

Hate and rudeness are our enemies. We cannot change anything for the better if we continue to treat others without understanding and kindness.

It is not clever, cute, or intelligent to belittle another human being.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Unfortunately, rudeness, sarcasm, and questioning another's sanity seem par for the course here.

Don't get me wrong, I see all sorts of viewpoints being expressed, and it's a beautiful thing.

What I don't understand is why some here get on a thread and bother to waste their time berating a person for wasting their time with something which can't be proven or their just not interested in.

If you're not interested,why even be there, rather than waste valuable time chewing someone out for creating a thread that you were never interested in in or disliked the first place. Why not just pass it over, ignore it, and move on to something that you deem worthwhile.

This is a HUGE website with many users. Everything is categorized for your convenience, the creators have evidently gone to a great deal of trouble to make it so. It's not really necessary to read every single post all the way through in order to get the gist of it. All you really have to do is look in the category that interests you and scan the subject line. It's pretty simple.

I think that the people who insist on berating and questioning the sanity of folks such as Religion get an ego boost from feeling superior, more sane, more honest, just better all around.

The thing is, is that a person who is truly great doesn't have to go around acting like it and trying to prove it by belittling others or pointing out their perceived faults. In my opinion, doing so makes you appear small minded and arrogant.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
My point to this also is, say someone really had issues out there with aliens and they desperatly needed to tell someone about it and it was ALL true. There MUST be someone out there who does actually talk to these aliens, there just has to be, so if they cant tell individuals like us without ridicule who can they tell???
Actually going to the Greys planet does seem a bit far fetched but sooner or later someone will go Im sure, or maybe they have but fear ridicule.

I remember my first thread on ATS was regarding an alien I had seen 6 years ago. The memory of this visit stayed with me every day, but who was I to tell, what could I do to find out about what this strange creature was? It wasnt until a friend pointed out ATS that I finally started to discuss it, luckily my thread was visited by some very understanding and like minded people. They discussed my visit with interest and didnt question my sanity or accuse me of making it up.

This is how I would like all new posters to be treated, because after a while if your not telling the truth it does become very very obviouse.

If people cant reveal alien activity without being pulled apart on ATS where can they reveal this very important information?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Actually, there are some smaller forums (more specifically for UFO/alien encounters) out there where you can (edit) do just that.

I think the main problem is that ATS is just so darn BIG.

You tend to get a huge range of beliefs and opinions.

If you don't mind me asking, Mr Green, can you direct me to the thread in which you talk about your alien encounter?

[edit on 1-9-2008 by chickenshoes]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
There MUST be someone out there who does actually talk to these aliens, there just has to be, so if they cant tell individuals like us without ridicule who can they tell???
Actually going to the Greys planet does seem a bit far fetched but sooner or later someone will go Im sure, or maybe they have but fear ridicule.

Must there be? Perhaps yes... but the scenario was very "out there". "I've seen" or "Ive been visited by" aliens seems far more likely and less detached from reality than does "The aliens chose to speak to me of all people and instead of sticking around to spread the information that they've given me they've decided to remove me to another planet. Just me, because I asked nicely"

I'm willing to keep an open mind... but c'mon now.

This is how I would like all new posters to be treated, because after a while if your not telling the truth it does become very very obviouse.

With only the one reply we'll never know from him directly whether or not it was the truth. As nice as it would be to believe that all our dreams can come true, and our prayers answered, its always better to remain a little skeptical first and be willing to change your mind later.

If people cant reveal alien activity without being pulled apart on ATS where can they reveal this very important information?

On ATS, as long as it's a true story. Sure some true stories may be outlandish but again, he asked the aliens here on 8/11/08 and then was taken here about 12 days later on 8/23/08

Is it true or false? I don't know? Does it seem likely? No.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Must there be? Perhaps yes... but the scenario was very "out there". "I've seen" or "Ive been visited by" aliens seems far more likely and less detached from reality than does "The aliens chose to speak to me of all people and instead of sticking around to spread the information that they've given me they've decided to remove me to another planet. Just me, because I asked nicely"

I'm willing to keep an open mind... but c'mon now.

Is it true or false? I don't know? Does it seem likely? No.

Yes this was the problem, his thread was very out there and with only one reply from the OP we will never know if it was true or false as you say. The point here is surely we never gave him a chance to show us either way if he was telling the truth or not.

I know it sounds far out that aliens would choose say religion above all others but they've got to choose someone to make contact with so why not him, or me or you or any of us? It could be any of one us that gets taken by them.

The one thing that does NOT go in religions favour is he wrote about asking them to take him, but maybe this was after many years of contact.

Another poster said maybe his reality is so terrible he made this all up to escape it, well did he escape it? Or has his reality become worse by the reaction he got. Im not saying its our place to improve peoples realities but at the end of the day this was his reality. Dont some people need "another" reality to escape to sometimes. We arnt counsellors but we can at least be nicer.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

I recall reading this thread of religion's, or rather started to read it then dismissed it out of hand. That may sound incredibly disrespectful of someone's claims, of which I can neither prove right or wrong, but for someone to write:

I have made final arrangements, months of planning and debating and a species of Greys have finally accepted. I will taken to a planet, far away in another solar system, habitable with oxygen and h20, among various animal species like none you or I have ever seen before. It will take approximately 23 days and 13 hours for arrival, and I will go through my journey in suspended animation. I am, however, not the first human being to be taken to permanently stay on another planet, but I am one of the first. Tonight I will spend quite sometime watching, and waiting before the stars for my ride to arrive.

without any attempt at explaining how, or even when, this arrangement was made, is simply unbelievable. Especially as he is a member of ATS. What quantified his "acceptance" by this species of Grey? What is it about him that attracted extraterrestial interest?
And how, when most of the world continues arguing about the possible/probable/impossible existence of aliens, did this guy just tune in and gain contact? Not only contact, but a ticket off this world too.

Incredible.

Saying that, I will allow that his claims may be possible. This is an odd life, and odd things happen. But...

In his goodbye note, why feel the need to inform us of the obvious with regard to his destination? This new planet he intends to inhabit has oxygen and water, thus making it habitable. How else was he intending to live? Why not give us a hint of what this new world is like, its geography, its culture, its technology, its history? Surely he had been given access to such information and, if not, why agree to go to a planet you know nothing about? The desire to explore is a noble thing, and invariably inspired by stories or legends or local accounts of far-flung locales. But to simply go, without any forward knolwedge is tantamount to folly. The Grey's view of societal and inhabitable perfection may well equate to our view of sheer hell.

Why did religion simply tell us how similar it is, and that it has strange animals? Northern Siberia has air and water and indigenous fauna, but I wouldn't want to go there. This lack of substance, to my cynical mind, just speaks of a lack of imagination from someone wanting to impress. If you were suitably level-headed, balanced psychologically, physically capable and willing to leave all you knew and understood to live on an alien world, wouldn't there even be a hint of excitement in his post? Read accounts of the Apollo astronauts for inspirational accounts of real space voyagers. You can feel their wonder and enthusiasm. And their professionalism. This does not happen when you read religion's post.
If I were the Greys after reading it, I would reconsider my decision.

I reserve the right to be wrong about the subject of this thread, but maintain that I'm not until religion decides to make a return visit and brings photos with him.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish

view of sheer hell.

Why did religion simply tell us how similar it is, and that it has strange animals? Northern Siberia has air and water and indigenous fauna, but I wouldn't want to go there. This lack of substance, to my cynical mind, just speaks of a lack of imagination from someone wanting to impress. If you were suitably level-headed, balanced psychologically, physically capable and willing to leave all you knew and understood to live on an alien world, wouldn't there even be a hint of excitement in his post? Read accounts of the Apollo astronauts for inspirational accounts of real space voyagers. You can feel their wonder and enthusiasm. And their professionalism. This does not happen when you read religion's post.
If I were the Greys after reading it, I would reconsider my decision.

I reserve the right to be wrong about the subject of this thread, but maintain that I'm not until religion decides to make a return visit and brings photos with him.

Its not about if he was wrong or right, its about how he WAS treated because in his mind he probably thought it was true.

Lets look at the thread title again, lets re name it this:

ATS member X, what if they were telling the truth?

This is my problem with the way the religion thread unfolded, it was done in a way I dont agree with.
Yes I agree the Apollo astronauts were very enthusiastic about their work, they had ever right to be, but we cant say others will always follow in this mould.

Im not saying Religion WAS telling the truth, like you until he brings photos back we cant accept it as the whole truth. My question is what if he was telling the truth and recieved the replies he did. Thats all a hypothetical question.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

I understand your grievance, and sympathise with the frustration you feel. I know that my ignoring religion's thread was, in itsself, a retroactice act. Threads shouldn't be started, only to be disregarded by those who have relevant opinions. My bad. ATS isn't just a read-only site.

However, your objection to the way he was treated is justified, as we are all entitled to a fair hearing but, in my opinion, is slightly wide of the target. Let me explain...

Let's assume for this arguement that religion is hoaxing. If this is the case, then he made a mistake in that he made no real effort to convince. This in itsself is a critical oversight, as this site encourages free thinking, unfortunately in all of its manifestations. There have been countless fake claims made on these boards, some of them ongoing and really quite convincing. To simply state that he had contacted Greys, had been offered a placing off-world and was awaiting his ride does nothing to persuade ATS's predominatley cynical membership. Sometimes less is more, but not in this case.
Look at the John Titor phenomena. He spoke prosaically and apparently without the need to eloborate beyond what he wanted to tell. He drew in countless amounts of believers with a unpretentious approach to delivering cleverly concocted detail. And it was this lack of detail in religion's post alone roused suspicion and the inevitable backlash, and he should have known that. I have no sympathy for hoaxers when their lies are uncovered through their own failings.

If we then view another possibility that he is suffering under a delusion, and completely believed his claims to be true, then his treatment was unfair. But not to be unexpected. This is difficult to explain in terms that don't seem unkind but, in simple, no nonsense terms, we are not here to listen to the misconceptions of psychological confusion and emotional frailty.
This is not a self-help site. It's a conspiracy site.
The majority of members will have immense sympathy for other ATSers who are suffering under similar problems. Many members openly state that they have experienced emotional problems; I've done it myself. But many will not be able, or be willing to pass up the opportunity to rubbish outlandish declarations no matter what the poster's provenance. Such is the human condition. Some folks like easy targets as they can't cope with hardened ones.

The last option is that religion was telling the truth. My main reservation with this hypothesis is this: if you were a suitable candidate for solar emigration, you would be of a certain type of person. You would at least have to be capable, self-sufficient, hardy and fiercely intelligent and acomplished in communicating your needs, hopes and beliefs. Hopefully, exploration, or the craving for exploration, would be the driving force in your life.
Your need to know answers to the most immense questions would compel a continued urge to step beyond the boundaries of everything you formely felt to be safe and secure to find those answers.
When the call came, it would be a life-fullfilling event. You would gladly, fervently, leave your home with a heart swelling with pride and energized anticipation. That's what I think, anyway. That's the kind of person who I would want to represent my species in space. Did religion's post sound like that kind of person? At all? Even a hint?

I realise it's near impossible to fathom the minds and reasoning of creatures that were not only not born on this planet, but whose cultures would be unrecognisable to us, but isn't it realistic to assume that they wouldn't take someone who may be incapable or unable to adapt to an environment and lifestyle that is beyond foreign? Why would they want to nanny their guest?

If religion was telling the truth, then I sincerely hope he can forgive all those who doubted. But we can't be blamed.
Ask yourself this: if you were in the same position, and as a member of ATS who would have known how certain subjects are treated on these boards, would you not have endeavoured to make your last post before leaving this Earth the singular best piece of work you were capabe of? I'm not saying that you would try and emulate great writers, but that you would pour your heart out onto the screen.

That's simply not what I got from the post.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish

Let's assume for this arguement that religion is hoaxing. If this is the case, then he made a mistake in that he made no real effort to convince. This in itsself is a critical oversight, as this site encourages free thinking, unfortunately in all of its manifestations. There have been countless fake claims made on these boards, some of them ongoing and really quite convincing. To simply state that he had contacted Greys, had been offered a placing off-world and was awaiting his ride does nothing to persuade ATS's predominatley cynical membership. Sometimes less is more, but not in this case.
And it was this lack of detail in religion's post alone roused suspicion and the inevitable backlash, and he should have known that. I have no sympathy for hoaxers when their lies are uncovered through their own failings.

If we then view another possibility that he is suffering under a delusion, and completely believed his claims to be true, then his treatment was unfair. But not to be unexpected. This is difficult to explain in terms that don't seem unkind but, in simple, no nonsense terms, we are not here to listen to the misconceptions of psychological confusion and emotional frailty.
This is not a self-help site. It's a conspiracy site.
The majority of members will have immense sympathy for other ATSers who are suffering under similar problems. Many members openly state that they have experienced emotional problems; I've done it myself. But many will not be able, or be willing to pass up the opportunity to rubbish outlandish declarations no matter what the poster's provenance. Such is the human condition. Some folks like easy targets as they can't cope with hardened ones.

The last option is that religion was telling the truth. My main reservation with this hypothesis is this: if you were a suitable candidate for solar emigration, you would be of a certain type of person. You would at least have to be capable, self-sufficient, hardy and fiercely intelligent and acomplished in communicating your needs, hopes and beliefs. Hopefully, exploration, or the craving for exploration, would be the driving force in your life.

I realise it's near impossible to fathom the minds and reasoning of creatures that were not only not born on this planet, but whose cultures would be unrecognisable to us, but isn't it realistic to assume that they wouldn't take someone who may be incapable or unable to adapt to an environment and lifestyle that is beyond foreign? Why would they want to nanny their guest?

If religion was telling the truth, then I sincerely hope he can forgive all those who doubted. But we can't be blamed.

Thank you Beamish for a very good post. You have explored the question very well here.

It was wrong of Religion not to defend his post, but maybe he just felt overwhelmed by the initial replies and decided he was out of his depth.

I agree the treatment he recieved was probably to be expected on ATS, but I still dont think this makes it right. Maybe new members need to get a feel for how threads are run before attempting ground breaking ones like this....

Let the thread "Tonight will be my last night on Earth" (fabulous title dont you think!) stand as a warning/example of how not to get across very dramatic events. And to possibly show members how not to go about attacking an OP on the first page before they've had time to defend themselves.

If it was a hoax then he was totally out of his depth and should learn from this error.

We must remember though that one of these days a thread will appear from a new member not knowing the ways ATS works, with possibly very ground breaking and important information. Isnt this the reason we all keep checking ATS for the day THAT thread is started that leads to disclosure.....lets just hope we dont scare them off before they get to tell us the information that will change our lives for good...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickenshoes

If you don't mind me asking, Mr Green, can you direct me to the thread in which you talk about your alien encounter?

[edit on 1-9-2008 by chickenshoes]

Thanks for your interest, Ive sent it via U2U.

MG

top topics

join