It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater Gears Up For Gustav

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Blackwater Gears Up For Gustav

www.crooksandliars.com

Security and intelligence expert Dr. R.J. Hillhouse reports at her “Spy Who Billed Me” blog that Blackwater has issued a shout-out for armed security officers for possible deployment under their DHS contract in the wake of Hurricane Gustav. Officers must have a firearms license - and those with revolver- only status need not apply. She reproduces this call for personell from Blackwater themselves, issued late Friday
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is scary to think that the current administration is more and more willing to use private military forces to police the public.

www.crooksandliars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This IS Naomi Wolf's paramilitary prerequisite to the systematic, deliberate collapse of a democratic society.
Like someone mentioned earlier about the government building more prisons and writing more laws to fill those prisons, this creates a situation where the paramilitary force can create a demand for their own work.
The more people fight against them, the more the gov. will be willing to use them.
I agree though, this is very scary. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, although I kinda' figured they would be there again this time. Hell, business is too good. It is just sad to see that our government is contracting people not even bound by police regulations to police the public.

Also the whole thing about bringing in the national guard to police the streets. whew, where did our rights go?!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Also the whole thing about bringing in the national guard to police the streets. whew, where did our rights go?!!!

I am from New Orleans. I was freaking thrilled to see the National Guard show up on Thursday. I hope to God that they protect the city from the anarchy that broke out last time, and leave to let us take care of ourselves as soon as it's safe.

They waited too long to bring in heavy firepower last time.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

This IS Naomi Wolf's paramilitary prerequisite to the systematic, deliberate collapse of a democratic society.
Like someone mentioned earlier about the government building more prisons and writing more laws to fill those prisons, this creates a situation where the paramilitary force can create a demand for their own work.
The more people fight against them, the more the gov. will be willing to use them.
I agree though, this is very scary. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, although I kinda' figured they would be there again this time. Hell, business is too good. It is just sad to see that our government is contracting people not even bound by police regulations to police the public.

If this is even true they will provide some extra security in a large city, Wouldn't you want your empty home guarded from looters? This is not Iraq and they will not be going in there all gun ho. They are pros that do a job, One that most police will not want to do in that city for sure.

Blackwater has changed recently and will no longer do contracts like they had in Iraq.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHypnoToad

I am from New Orleans. I was freaking thrilled to see the National Guard show up on Thursday. I hope to God that they protect the city from the anarchy that broke out last time, and leave to let us take care of ourselves as soon as it's safe.

They waited too long to bring in heavy firepower last time.

Mike Boyd says a full combat brigade is moving in and will ride out the storm nearby. They will move in after it calms down and try to nab the crooks.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Interesting how down low our nation has become when private mercenaries are needed to do the job of the local police that are pay with tax payer money.

I guess the big interest of new Orleans can afford their own private army.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
did anyone see the post where i predicted that blackwater would show up, i had bet 10 bucks on it, someone owes me some money man.

Ron Paul is correct when he says that the govt. shouldn't FORCE people out of their homes, it is their personal responsibility

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If Bush Co didn't have our reserve and National Guard in Iraq they would not have to hire mercenaries to to the job of the Guard.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

No one is being forced out of their homes in NO for Gustav. People are highly advised to leave but they don't have to !!

You got your facts wrong.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Tuebor]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Id rather see the National Guard in there that private security, considering the National Guard has to answer to someone and private security guards interpret the law to suit them.

Careful don't go looking at them cross or anything....

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Just a reminder about why Nat'l Guard & Blackwater folks are needed in the areas to be affected by Gustav.

Humans are animals, folks. In desperate times we do desperate, stupid things.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
What I will like to find more information is about who is forwarding the bill, it is the tax payer or the private interest of new Orleans.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
What astounds me even more is that people are accepting the obliteration of their rights without question. Nay, without even an understanding of how their rights are being violated!

It is NOT the job of the national guard to police the streets. Until very recently, this was illegal, and for a very good reason!

New Orleans needs the help of police officers. You know, those that are TRAINED to handle this situation. Our military is not a police force, we are seeing this first hand with the quagmire in Iraq.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

According to the New York times, evacuation is mandatory.

Here is the article.

NY Times

NEW ORLEANS — City officials ordered everyone to leave New Orleans beginning Sunday morning — the first mandatory evacuation since Hurricane Katrina flooded the city three years ago — as Hurricane Gustav grew into what the city’s mayor on Saturday called “the storm of the century” and moved toward the Louisiana coast.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I am also in Louisiana. All I can say is Blackwater, National Gaurd, I dont care who it is. If anyone steps to the wrong door while I am riding out this storm, or in it's aftermath they will be shot on sight.

To some that may seem a bit harsh, but we have already been told if we stay to ride out this storm we are on our own end of story. I am riding out this storm, and I will protect my property as well as the other people who are here with me. So I dont care who it is, if you do not belong here you will be shot.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor
reply to post by ModernAcademia

No one is being forced out of their homes in NO for Gustav. People are highly advised to leave but they don't have to !!

You got your facts wrong.

my friend, evacuation is mandatory, i've seen this all day on msnbc front page in the morning. You got your facts wrong

on another note, this is interesting, how many national guards are there?
www.opednews.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

Evac is Mandatory, but just as they have told us that, in the very next breathe they have also told us if we stay to ride it out do not expect any help. You will be on your own and no emergency services will be available. So even though they are saying it is mandatory, they are also leaving it up to the individual. They know full well not everyone is leaving, hence the curfew that foes into effect this evening.

People still have time to get out if they want to. The highways are still open and contraflow is still in effect.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Is only mandatory on the coastal region and previous flooded area when Katrina hit.

But no for the people that are not in those areas.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Ummm thats not entirely correct. Basically ALL the coastal areas of Louisiana are under Mandatory Evacuation. I am about 1-1 1/2 hours west NO and I am under Mandatory Evacuation and I have several friends in Texas near the LA boarder who are also under Mandatory Evac. It is much much more than just NO.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join