It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many active posters are there?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Thanks for that STATS info. I never knew that. Actually, I never even saw that little button before.
Now, ACTIVE POSTERS? I just went to my profile and clicked on POSTS. It says I have written something 3 times in the last 180 days. That sounds about right. Would you consider that active or resurected? Just how often should a person post to be considered "Active"?
I am here almost daily reading, but rarely respond to anything. I have been here for some time, a little over 4 years, in fact.
Congratulations! You started a thread that I felt was interesting enough that I find myself responding. Well, there are lots of threads that are interesting, but I don't really write much.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Buwahhahahaha!

Very funny, Z. And you too, Majic.

Now, to discuss whether it's best to write 'frikkin' or 'friggin'.....or, best not.....I'll just slink away......I have cake.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Why do you think you would get blamed for being negitive in BTS. We are a bunch of friendly people over there, check us out sometime. Let your hair down and relax. Deny some Boredom and have some fun while your at it.

Also to answer your question on the board tab if you scroll down to the bottom you can see who is online currently.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Oh, now you're just making numbers up, what about all of the slaves? That's at least 6, plus the manditory workers, that's 10...tops...TOPS.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

Shugo? Really??? We're talking sock-puppets here!

SO, the mandatory amount is FOUR! [[two hands, two feet.....]] (Unless there's a helper....or two or three....well, then it becomes infinite!)

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Like some have said it's all about not responding to a thread that has a few pages to it out of fear what you want to say has been said and then getting the attacks of didn't you read the thread. Weeeeellll yes and no. If I'm replying to a post in the first few pages I'm not going to go through god knows how many more pages just to see if someone responded with the same thing. That and I have a lot of brain farts and can't think of anything to add.

The points thing means nothing. Take me for example. little over 4 years here and less than 2000 ATS points and -300 for BTS. I did spend quite a few of them but you get the point.

I enjoy reading more than responding but every great once in a while I get a wild hair and have to respond.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

Simon.....thanks for writing!!

Ya know, points aren't amounting to much, lately....hence, I put this topic in Board Business....because I ain't trolling for points....

I just like to see people let their hair down, a bit....( I know, I know....that's BTS....but it's nice to see here, too )

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
How many active posters are there? Just go up to the menu bar, to the far left, click the stats button. It will tell you everything you want to know.

To: weedwhacker

that [STATS] button appears to be cumulative stats....
which is intended to be impressive.

What the OP is asking (at least what i think they are asking) can usually be found in the semi-often, Administrative U2Us, sent out en-mass...

it usually states that the information being released in the U2U;
is being sent to all the active members,
who have posted during the last 30 days

& the usual number of active posters has been around ~4,000+
(ATS +BTS...?blogs?)

like all interactive forum sites i've run accross, there are a core of regulars...
but a group of them get swallowed up as moderators

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

side issue:
i see your post count is 4,393 since 2007...mine's 4,389 since 2004... i'm intentionally flying under the radar, what's up with your point aversion?

[edit on 31-8-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Ummmm....[ahem].....Stewie.....I happen to be the OP!!

Victory Is Mine!!!!

( wish I had more clever Stewie quotes right now, but most of them are too far out of context as to be laughable )!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Good thread Weedwhacker

Oftentimes, I go into a thread, lured by a scintillating title, and if I think that the material doesn't support the sensationalized title, then I rarely post there. If the thread starts out by "begging the question" or similar form of logic fallacy, I'm likely to pass it by. I really value the true (and somewhat rare) debate that engages the issue(s) and not the personalities.
It seems to me that many political threads exemplify this, i.e. "Bush and McCain forged secret pact with Illuminati" etc. etc. My guilty pleasure is 2012 threads.

For myself, it's somewhat easy sometimes to get lazy..... I might see a thread posted by someone whom I've thought in the past wrote sensationalized or intentionally inflammative threads, and I pass them by, all the while recognizing that we're all capable of changing our style. As I said -- just laziness on my part.

I think part of the frequency of posting might be relative to where a person's "home base" on the internet is. yah, I know..... that sounded pathetic and geeky to me as well.
There are four sites that I spend most of my internet time on, and, depending upon what my concerns are, might dictate where I am. Right now, severe weather is a pressing concern -- we've just had ours with Gustav and now looking toward those still in its path.

As to points, I've been wanting to gain enough points to get into RATS. I wasn't willing to change my style in order to acquire the posts. Now that I have sufficient points to get into RATS, I still won't be changing my style of posting. I appreciate the nod of the head given by Mods and Amigos when they give applause; I've never been sure if it's appropriate to drop them a note of thanks, as the email says "do not respond to this U2U". I suspect that means that the U2U itself shouldn't be responded to, not the sender.

Now I'm just babbling. Too much coffee

Cheers

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Very nice, thank you very much argentus....

Only one question: What is 'RATS'?

This is for anyone to answer....is this the reason for 'points'??

(I used to think I needed 'points' to buy stuff....like U2U credits...but that's changed....and I bought a T-Shirt and hat using 'dollars' .... so now I'm confused?)

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I agree with you. I want to thank you for being nice to me after being flamed. I am happy that I stayed here. I haven't had a problem since then. Its nice that you went out of your way to make me feel welcome here on ATS. Its hard being new because you are not up to date on issues, so it takes a while to get use to everything. I will pay it forward to another new member if it happens again.
Great post! Starred and Flagged.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

RATS -- Really Above Top Secret -- and I'm hesitant to try to define it, as I may make it sound more conspiratorial than it is....

An area of ATS wherein with a 5,000 point admission, other issues are discussed by ATS members in an area that is not accessible to Anonymous posters, or those who haven't "paid" their fare.

If that's not an accurate description, perhaps a member who has been there can correct my definition (but do it gently, because I'm already far too jacked up on espresso) kidding, I'm kidding!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Ummmm....[ahem].....Stewie.....I happen to be the OP!!

Victory Is Mine!!!!

( wish I had more clever Stewie quotes right now, but most of them are too far out of context as to be laughable )!!!

yes OP, that's why i did the [QUOTE] box from another poster's reply and Addressed my reply To: weedwhacker

???."...but most of them are too far out of context...."

note that my profile is : "Incongruent"

so, everything is acceptable, welcome...
(everything but bad attitude or biased prejudice, i.e.: self destruction...)

thanks,

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
None of my posts have ever been ones to remember. Nor have they caught the attention of many people. Lots of times I run across something I find interesting. But I don't post on it because of all the 'baiters'. I've been reading posts here for 8 years. But posting for less than a year. Most of what I have to share is personal experience, the only link I could give you is to my life. Many wouldn't believe or even give it a thought because I don't live in there reality...bil

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I would say, about 300 active posters, there are sometimes more and sometimes less.

It depends on the day of the week.

I hope it helped!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
How many active posters are there? Just go up to the menu bar, to the far left, click the stats button. It will tell you everything you want to know.

Erm... I can't see that?

I can see (in the following order)

Home. Hot. Top. Board, recent posts. my ats. news firehous. ats firehouse. member tools. search. help. chat. submit. log out.

Can't see the 'stats' button

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I have to say i like the point system, it brings a ray of light into my sad little life.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

The thread was posted in 2008 , things have changed since then . Not to worry , I was halfway thru the thread before I realized it myself .

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

The stats page link is at the bottom of every page.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join