It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many active posters are there?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
reply to post by weedwhacker

I agree with you. I want to thank you for being nice to me after being flamed. I am happy that I stayed here. I haven't had a problem since then. Its nice that you went out of your way to make me feel welcome here on ATS. Its hard being new because you are not up to date on issues, so it takes a while to get use to everything. I will pay it forward to another new member if it happens again.
Great post! Starred and Flagged.

And i'll use this as a way of reminding myself that niceness goes a lot further than mockery.

I've been too angry lately. I shall make a point of helping new people.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by mr-lizard

The thread was posted in 2008 , things have changed since then . Not to worry , I was halfway thru the thread before I realized it myself .

Aaaah okay thanks

Didn't realise

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
You guys are so funny! I liked points until I discovered you can't spend them in the ATS store like money - I so wanted the alien poster - not really - my boyfriend wanted it and I thought it would be a nice present for him as long as he didn't hang it in the living room.

Yea, real big group hug!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
there are virtual gangs in ATS

since mods dont do anything, you should just ignore

usually these online gangs contains people that have closed minds, so ... let them do their thing alone

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
We all need a virtual 'group hug'........

That's nice and all but I don't feel very welcome usually.

Anyway, fine, have a hug.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Well definitely right now I am contributing on a somewhat limited scale, as I love to sample threads but not necessarily eat the whole course. As such my replies are never detailed and merely convey my general perspective of a given topic. After three years of browsing I'm just beginning to open up to the idea of participating.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I think sometimes that it might be counter productive to pay over much attention to who is active on the board. Perhaps I have more free time than I would wish to belive, but I make at least a post a day when I can, and I can often do more. In fact just today thats three in total.
It can often seem as though only a few members are active on the boards, but there again I think that may have alot to do with time. Many people who use the internet recreationaly (that is, not for work) have set times when they can use the internet for thier own purposes. If you contribute to a thread which is started by another person in your timeslot, then its more likely to find its way to other people who have the same timing as you do, regardless of which forum its posted in, or which category it comes under. By the time you and your fellows go to bed, a new group may come in, add more posts, and go away and before you know it, you are looking at the page again when others who have your timing or similar are hogging the board again, therefore it may appear as if no one new is commenting. Its also possible that in the case of items which do not appear on the home page, that by the time you and your fellow posters retire to bed, that NEW topics have come up, and replaced the thread you were working on... so you turn on your computer , call up ATS , go to MyATS and all you see is the list of YOUR active threads and who last posted. However, all manner of folk could have accessed the site, and contributed on threads you hadnt heard about, and completely escaped your notice.
I see this site as being like a junction . Lots of people come through it, but theres no way they can all know eachother, because they couldnt all fit at once !

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join