It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Mars Picture, Please have a look!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I see so many things in this picture. It is a rover photo, Opportunity took this one, the source of the photo is Space.com.

I would like for you all to look at the topof the hill, toward the left, do you see the round 'building? It looks metal, and is perfectly dome shaped.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by space cadet]

edit to add this link: www.space.com...

[edit on 29-8-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Another strange thing in this picture is the shadows you see on the left side. Something would need to be pretty large to make these shadows. Internos I wish you would show up and do your magic! I want to see some of the dark areas lit up a little bit, expecially the 'campsite' looking area about halfway up the rocks.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
Another strange thing in this picture is the shadows you see on the left side. Something would need to be pretty large to make these shadows. Internos I wish you would show up and do your magic! I want to see some of the dark areas lit up a little bit, expecially the 'campsite' looking area about halfway up the rocks.

i think those shadows are just big looking because of the angle of the sun...they are the shadow of the rock that we are looking at, nothing we can't see. something quite small can make a large shadow, like my shadow being 15 feet long at the end of the day....excellent find though! i am not qualified to comment on the anomaly, butlooks VERY interesting...and for a change..it's a picture i haven't seen! so many threads lately have been old pictures already been on sites for awhile...STAR AND FLAG!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Thanks!

When reading the article it says 'they have found several interesting things' in this picture. I say 'MEEEE TOOOO!"

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

i'm gonna email this to the skipper at marsanomalyresearch.com if u don't mind....he usually responds within 4 to 6 days, and i have sent him many things and he always gives it a day in court, not to mention he's one of the best at what he does IMO....i like the fact that he get so much traffic and somehow finds time to deal with somone like me mailing him something every week. or u can send it yourself on the contact option on his site. hey i like your name too...that's what i've called my big sis since time out of mind.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Enigma Publius]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

Enigma that is what my big brother has called ME as long as I can remember! LOL!

No, I don't mind at all, let me know what he says! I would still like to see Internos have a shot at this, he is very good with these photographs.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
WOW!!!! When I read the thread title I just had too rush on in.
Ok what do we have here....
Well, it fits all other mars photo compositions... grainy, object along way away, contains lots of rocks. Hmmmm

Im gonna have too wait for a professional analysis on this one.

Good Luck.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

NO KIDDIN?! maybe i'm your brother from another mother?

yea no doubt internos is too cool for school, he's awesome, i know he'll have something to say when this comes to his attention!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by fox_3000au
WOW!!!! When I read the thread title I just had too rush on in.
Ok what do we have here....
Well, it fits all other mars photo compositions... grainy, object along way away, contains lots of rocks. Hmmmm

Im gonna have too wait for a professional analysis on this one.

Good Luck.

yea another grainy photo from a multi million dollar camera...why doesn't that set off any alarm bells?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
You know, I put a copy of the picture in the window and fax veiwer so I could enlarge it (sorry I am not savvy with any of the photo programs, I couldn't figure out how to even crop it in photobucket) anyway I found that in the area of the long slender shadow that there are several spots that look either brushed out or very pixelated. You never know with these Nasa Pics.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
OMG, I guess I am looking too hard but..... I see another 'rock person' on the right at the top? Does anyone else see 'her'? I just went back to the viewer, enlarged it and dang, it looks like a woman standing with her back to us, in front of some kind of well looking thing?!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

i thought about starting a new thread for this but i'll post it here because there are so many mars thread right now, this will probably help it get more attention. SOMEONE please tell me this is a rock:

thecrit.com...
lol...i know someone will, but i wanna see how they do it. and as for the airbrush and pixels...way to hard to say now, they used to make a lot of mistakes with that but they have pretty much perfected it now, i don't know how much we can trust what we arelooking at...good example here, it basicly shows a very good example of image tampering in the second set of pictures with a very good explanation as to why he believes that. the letters disappear!!everything solid has smudge tampering!
www.marsanomalyresearch.com...
the above is also IMO a smoking gun into the lies we've been told about mars temperature and atmosphere. ENJOY!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

Cool pics Enigma, I enjoyed those. I had seen a couple of them already, but nontheless they are cool. Good examples too.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I'm sorry to say, I need a little "guidance". I'm not seeing the dome or the woman. Can you point it out?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by saturnus1962

I hope I have got the right ones, but I am no Internos,
Just to show what I think Space cadet is referring to:

and I am not too sure about the figure - which (if either) are you referring to Space Cadet?

Havalon

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Thanks for pointing out, but it's really hard to see. Maybe an coloured version could make the difference. The women space cadet was talking about I still don't see.

I guess it will remain "unidentified", An UMO, Unidentified Mars Object

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
It seems like all these 'anomalies' are a matter of mistaken scale. This is a photo from a rover, parked up against a crater wall. The horizon you see is the top of the crater rim and probably only 30 feet away or so - making the 'domed building' about 9 inches tall...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Look
!!
A third of the way down on the right side:

Some 'shiny rocks' (or are they??)

H

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Hi, space cadet, and thanks for sharing and for bringing this one to my attention

I'm trying to retrieve the image SOL number: strangely it wasn't mentioned in the article, so it could take some time: maybe there are better images of the same formation: the outlines aren't sharp enough, i can's see clear shapes in the area in question: the ideal would be to find more photos with the Sun in some different position: i'm browsing opportunity PanCam images, i hope to find it soon

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Much Thanks Internos. I am seeing all kinds of odd things in this one, a clearer picture would help! As for scale, I can't conceive of it being as small as the poster above mentions, it looks too far out on the horizon to only be a few inches tall, but I don't dismiss this either without some scale to go by.

I will be watching for you to repost Internos!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join