It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolutely Disgusting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Your probably right on all three counts. It's absolutely despicable, I'd like the son or daughter of a policeman who behaves like this to break their back and for him to witness (but be powerless to stop) his fellow "officers" tasering him or her.

Then I'm sure he would have a different oppinion of his actions

What motivates a person (especially a police officer) to taser an injured individual or attack an innocent civilian is completely beyond me!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

It's the occasional message to people. Just the stir up to create the illusion they're doing something.

It's an ancient strategy to prove your doing your job. And often nothing bad happens except for a few.

And yes, this has to be done. Because the rest of the country would be complaining if the government did nothing at all.

it's all about equilibrium. The balance between looking free and looking secure.

If we were attacked in a 100% free society people would cry about too much freedom.

If we were attacked in a 100% dictator system, people would complain the system doesn't work.

But mix the two and you get the equilibrium. Allowing 100% freedom of speech, but once in a while showing the illusion that your doing something.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

So its an illusion that an innocent man had his life taken away for no other reason than his name? Get a grip man, read some actual news. As I said, it's happening right in front of your face and you are choosing to ignore it.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Well I didn't hear about that and in which case it was probably an officer's mistake.

You should get a grip. You cannot have 100% freedom or 100% dictatorship.

Both systems fail. They always have, and they always will.

The mixture of the both works for maximum longevity for the government.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Well I didn't hear about that and in which case it was probably an officer's mistake.

You should get a grip. You cannot have 100% freedom or 100% dictatorship.

Both systems fail. They always have, and they always will.

The mixture of the both works for maximum longevity for the government.

So you admit you havent actually researched this. Makes a lot more sense now.

There was no "officer's mistake". As you said, the black vans rolled up, the entire neighborhood watched as this man, who was nothing but a friendly neighbor, was marched out of his house in cuffs.

Dont speak on things you havent actually researched. You will continue to be proven wrong.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Federal investigators found credit card numbers on Al-Marri's laptop computer and charged him with credit card fraud. Upon further investigation, the government said, agents found evidence that al-Marri had links to al-Qaida terrorists and was a national security threat. Authorities shifted al-Marri's case from the criminal system and moved him to indefinite military detention. Al-Marri has denied the government's allegations and is seeking to challenge the government's evidence and cross-examine its witnesses in court.

He doesn't seem so innocent to me.

This all goes back to what I said earlier. Put this in the public domain. Then it will bee seen.

if it's bad, it's simple, the gov made a mistake.

The government isn't God, and it will never be perfect. there isn't some miracle government that will keep you safe and free. a balance of both will always bee needed.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

He doesn't seem so innocent to me.

This all goes back to what I said earlier. Put this in the public domain. Then it will bee seen.

if it's bad, it's simple, the gov made a mistake.

The government isn't God, and it will never be perfect. there isn't some miracle government that will keep you safe and free. a balance of both will always bee needed.

Go look up a little more than the first link you find on google. The man had the SAME NAME as the person who commited the crimes you quoted. It was later proven, by DNA, that this man and the criminal were not the same person.

Not to mention the fact that it took nearly an entire state to get him the right to actual prove his innocence. Had others not stepped up, he would still be locked up.

The gov't doesnt need to be god. But you have to remember, the government works for the people. They dont own the people. ANd once again, is one innocent man, losing all his rights and freedoms due to a clerical error, justifiable to you? If so, your problems run much deeper.

[edit on 8/27/2008 by cautiouslypessimistic]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
It has been going on for years but it was covered up.

In 1969 my father,at age 61, was pulled over for not using a turn signal while making a lane change. He was badly beaten, thrown in jail, and not allowed to make a phone call. He was white with no police record, not even traffic tickets, did not drink or swear. This happen in the middle of nowhere at 2:00am (No traffic)

Now the cops have a new toy that the saddistic can get away with using without repremand.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
Police officers of today are no longer taught to protect and serve.

They are being trained to be the stormtroopers for the federal government and for the wealthy few. After all, if you are going to be stripping away rights and declaring martial law on a society of people, you have to have the hired muscle to enforce the corrupt & crooked policy.

They do it under the guise of upholding the "law" yet it is done so at the barrell of a loaded gun.

The Nazis had the Gestapo, Saddaam Hussein had the Republican Guard, and the US government has the good old boys in blue....making sure that you do what you are told or else!!

Wow you have a jaded view of police. What police training sessions have you sat in on? Do you have any material that shows how the police are being taught differently than to protect and serve? I'm going to guess the answer is no and that you've either seen or been involved in bad situations with cops. Your data is a dot on the graph yes, but hardly paints a complete picture.

Del

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

But don't you see? The system works. Because all this is in the public domain, people react. That's what I've been saying. Make everything visible to big brother and this won't happen!

Thank you for proving my point.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

But don't you see? The system works. Because all this is in the public domain, people react. That's what I've been saying. Make everything visible to big brother and this won't happen!

Thank you for proving my point.

So innocent people having every right of theirs stripped is your idea of the system working?

You're going to have to explain that to me a little further. The system is built on the freedom of its citizens. How is it working?

People reacted because it was an outright violation of constituional rights. You yourself said that you hadnt even heard of this case, proving that it is NOT in public domain, that it IS covered up or at least deprioritized. And had citizens like myself, who you labeled as paranoid (even though I have witnessed this IN PERSON), stepped up and demanded that big brother step down.

I am guessing you are either A) not an american; or B) do not value the constitution and bill of rights as the foundation of this country.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Wow you have a jaded view of police. What police training sessions have you sat in on? Do you have any material that shows how the police are being taught differently than to protect and serve? I'm going to guess the answer is no and that you've either seen or been involved in bad situations with cops. Your data is a dot on the graph yes, but hardly paints a complete picture.

Del

I HAVE been in criminal justice training, and the police are taught to protect themselves first, citizens second.

They are taught that if they shoot, ALWAYS shoot to kill.

They are taught that silence is an act of aggression.

They are taught that words are to be considered assault on an officer.
Do I need to keep going?

This country's law enforcement system is a joke.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

One more item that is key from Day One through retirement: Poor role models.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

But you did hear of the case, as did all those who protested. Do you expect 300 million people to ALL know everything ALL the time?

The government makes mistakes, and then the people slap their wrists and teach them a lessen. This is the value of the public big brother system.

To be honest, this is a benevolent Oceania of sorts. The people ARE the cia and fbi. The People ARE the watchdogs and protectors. If Big Brother opens all things in the public domain, the need to protect us is still under their authority, but the people will help them.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

i hear ya bro...i get upset as well

much love to you

we can do some things to help ourselves out...

first off..if your looking for our positive future look here.
lightworkers.org...

let's sign Kucinich's petition and impeach this government and make sure we dont have another one like it.
www.kucinich.us...

if you feel like it you can join the hunger fast,but it looks like the government is trying to stop it
www.wethepeoplefoundation.org...

and last,but not least..NESARA
www.nesara.us...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

But you did hear of the case, as did all those who protested. Do you expect 300 million people to ALL know everything ALL the time?

The government makes mistakes, and then the people slap their wrists and teach them a lessen. This is the value of the public big brother system.

To be honest, this is a benevolent Oceania of sorts. The people ARE the cia and fbi. The People ARE the watchdogs and protectors. If Big Brother opens all things in the public domain, the need to protect us is still under their authority, but the people will help them.

Ahh yes, once again, rainbows and bubble gum.

I heard of the case because I was the guy's neighbor. WE got it on the news. WE got him a trial. WE got him released. There was no public domain involved. Had those of us that witnessed it said nothing, it would have never been heard from again.

I wonder, what has happened to the most prominent people that have challenged the CIA, FBI, etc? MLK? JFK? Lennon? the lists go on and on.

The government makes mistakes, and should be forgiven for doing so. But when those "mistakes" are made while perpetrating the very corruption you claim they are trying to stop, there is a VERY big issue.

Like I said, you are either not american, or dont understand the foundations of this country.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The country that was founded is dead. It's been dead for a very long time. THe country was made so that when it was obsolete, it could just change for the changing world.

And it doesn't matter what the federal government thinks. It's happening. Youtube now has more power in the courts than Uncle Same. Google Earth has more power than spy planes and anti air.

The government can't stop it. It can only adapt to it. And adapting it is, by welcoming it.

When the first generation internet users can run for president in a decade, what do you think will happen?

The age of globalization and unity has begun. The old ways of the current gen leaders is dead.

We will move to a type 1 civilization and nothing can stop it.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The problem is anyone can apply to become apolice officer, as long as he or she hasn't been in trouble with the law before. I've heard cops joke before about killing people, i mean alot of cops are just *snip*.

I think that the community should select who becomes police officers, i think that might solve some problems. i mean the supposed to protect and serve the people, right? So why shouldn't the people be able to select them?

MOD Note: Terms and Conditions: Use of Profanity

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

[edit on 8/27/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

yeah, i cussed a cop out once, and got charged with assault because of it. That was some *snip*.

MOD Note: Do Not Evade The Automatic Censors

[edit on 8/27/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

The foundations of this country are not yet dead, but they are MOST DEFINATELY being killed by people like you who are afraid to fight for it.

You go ahead and welcome a police state. I'll be the one fighting to free you from it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join