It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolutely Disgusting

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
We are sliding slowly into a police state\dictatorship. This will continue until we are so immune to it from hearing it so often, that people will simply accept it as the "norm". We need to keep exposing police\military brutality and make sure everyone knows that it is NOT OK. The most important thing to do is to TALK to one another, talk to your neighbors, talk to your local police. If we do not have open lines of communication with one another, the NWO will roll right over us. Oh, and be sure to stay stocked up on ammo, food, and water ;P You will be needing it soon.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
[talk to your local police]

I know some of our local officers ...my hubby was a mechanic for their souped up racing cop cars ....these officers were awesome people who loved their neighbors and their community ..and treated us with respect ...........
After 911 we were told by those officers that the higher ups told them to stop being so buddy buddy with their community ...which in turn caused the community to not want to share anything with them (as in tell things to them about crimes etc that they may know about ) neither do they trust them anymore since all they want to do now is arrest everyone for anything and hand out tickets galore just for the money ...etc ...........this pretty much ruined our town now ....(by the way most of those officers I knew have quit since then they would not go along with that) wish there were more like them ..................
I did not understand this mindset ...if they would buddy up even more with their community (at least treat us all as if they care somewhat about the people they serve) then maybe more people would tell them things and help them solve many crimes .......................pretty stupid move on their part if you ask me ...

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by djcloudy

Your exactly right, we need to stand up for ourselves and spread the word. We need to make it known that we will not tolerate this kind of behaviour and make sure the right people know that this is going on. I'd love to catch an officer acting/behaving like this on camera, I'd be at the police quicker than a speeding bullet!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It's hard to say if incidences of police brutality are actually increasing. Common sense tells us that back in the 50s and 60s there was much more going on, especially in the American south, and towards minorities.

But, we are definitely exposed to it a lot more today. This is due to the mass proliferation of portable cameras and video recorders, and the internet and YouTube.

Also, what we may consider police brutality today, may not have been seen that way 40-50 years ago. So, is it really increasing, or is society just more sensitive to any kind of force being used by police in any given situation?

Personally, I think police have to much more careful about the level of force that they can use nowadays, as opposed to years gone by.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by TheComte]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join