It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Absolutely Disgusting

page: 5
9
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91
 


Dancing dancing but no actual thoughts there....



Seriously, argue your point or don't. But don't state something as fact and then try semantics when you realize your words are contradicting themselves.




posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
How am I contradicting myself? It's simple fact that police brutality hasn't increased, but been seen more often. I highly doubt the rise in modern technology would not affect crimes somehow.

And America is the 3rd biggest nation, so it's expected to have more crimes. Over time, as a type one civilization become dominate, crime will lower

you are quick to call me wrong, but you have yet prove it.

I'm really getting bored of the whole "you're wrong because you don;t beleive in conspiracies thing"

YAWN! good night.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Gorman91]



posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
How am I contradicting myself? It's simple fact that police brutality hasn't increased, but been seen more often. I highly doubt the rise in modern technology would not affect crimes somehow.

And America is the 3rd biggest nation, so it's expected to have more crimes. Over time, as a type one civilization become dominate, crime will lower

you are quick to call me wrong, but you have yet to.


You wont address your direct contradicition that I have now pointed out twice...thats fine.

You need to go back, reread your posts, and take heed of the fact that EVERYTHING you have said is opinion or hypothetical. There is nothing to back up your claims, in fact, most data shows the exact opposite of what you claim.

As I continue to say, it is obvious you have no real world experience in your life. When you get some, you'll learn.



posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
How am I contradicting myself? It's simple fact that police brutality hasn't increased, but been seen more often. I highly doubt the rise in modern technology would not affect crimes somehow.

And America is the 3rd biggest nation, so it's expected to have more crimes. Over time, as a type one civilization become dominate, crime will lower

you are quick to call me wrong, but you have yet prove it.

I'm really getting bored of the whole "you're wrong because you don;t beleive in conspiracies thing"

YAWN! good night.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Gorman91]


Now you are going to the "conspiracy nut" defense.

Man, you must be following a text book. Tell me, when did I say anything about a conspiracy on this? When Have I even mentioned that word?




posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Welcome to the real world Death_Kron; not the world of your fathers,father.father; this is a world where the melting pot boils, where equality has raised few up, just pushed everyone down into a world of sodomites and the godless rule based upon money that is not even real.

Be careful, there are many more police than there are real criminals and there is nothing more dangerous than a bored cop. Fact is, a person is more likely to be abused, shot and murdered by a so-call Law Enforcement Officer than some thug. We have a president who is a criminal and traitor and basicallt this country has turned into crap...welcome to America.



posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic
 



...the police are taught to protect themselves first, citizens second.


Sounds like common sense to protect yourself first, how could a police officer be efficient in helping other if he/she is injured.


They are taught that if they shoot, ALWAYS shoot to kill.


Again, if there is a need to shoot, they must protect themselves. Yes, there are cases of officers in unjustified shootings, and they should be punished, however, if shooting is justified, why go for the leg?


They are taught that silence is an act of aggression.

They are taught that words are to be considered assault on an officer.


So you're saying no matter how you approach an officer, silent or bitching, you're screwed?


This country's law enforcement system is a joke.


What country do you consider to be the model for a good law enforcement system?

Del



posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
this # is only news to white people.
minorities have been dealing with police brutality
and racial profiling by the police all their lives.



posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic
 




Sounds like common sense to protect yourself first, how could a police officer be efficient in helping other if he/she is injured.


Again, if there is a need to shoot, they must protect themselves. Yes, there are cases of officers in unjustified shootings, and they should be punished, however, if shooting is justified, why go for the leg?





So you're saying no matter how you approach an officer, silent or bitching, you're screwed?



What country do you consider to be the model for a good law enforcement system?

Del



1)s, a police officer should have a right to protect themselves. But, let's remember the motto here: "To protect and serve". If an officer's first thought is to protect themselves before the civillians around, how is this following in the job description.

2)I understand an officer in imminent danger of their life must shoot to kill. But lets take this for example:
www.tigardtimes.com...

There was no imminent danger, the mother asked the cops not to shoot, yet the fired over 50 bullets at the kid. Is this justified?

3)Study your laws. Swaering at a cop is assault. Silence when spoken to by a cop is considered an act of aggression. So yes, unless you respond exactly as the officer wants, you can be charged either way.

I dont know what country has a better model. Does that mean we should take the road of apathy?



posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic
 


1. We could debate numerous situations where "protect themselves" could mean numerous things. However, I agree that the citizens are who the police are to serve.

2. Tragic story indeed. The officers should be put through the legal system and punished if found guilty, not an argument from me on that one. You said officers are taught to shoot to kill as if it were a bad idea. I simply stated that, if appropriate, they should. This story is obviously not that type of case.

3. I didn't say swearing at a cop wasn't an arrestable offense. Also, I fail to see how silence when spoken to by a cop is considered aggression, it is a right that you have. Cops aren't judges and can't hold you in contmept for not answering questions. Can they arrest you for withholding information, likely, but they can't force you to talk. I think you're stretching it a bit by saying unless you answer exactly as they want, trouble ensues.

Not suggesting we take the road to apathy, just wanting to know if you had an ideal country in mind.

Del



posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic
 


1. We could debate numerous situations where "protect themselves" could mean numerous things. However, I agree that the citizens are who the police are to serve.

2. Tragic story indeed. The officers should be put through the legal system and punished if found guilty, not an argument from me on that one. You said officers are taught to shoot to kill as if it were a bad idea. I simply stated that, if appropriate, they should. This story is obviously not that type of case.

3. I didn't say swearing at a cop wasn't an arrestable offense. Also, I fail to see how silence when spoken to by a cop is considered aggression, it is a right that you have. Cops aren't judges and can't hold you in contmept for not answering questions. Can they arrest you for withholding information, likely, but they can't force you to talk. I think you're stretching it a bit by saying unless you answer exactly as they want, trouble ensues.

Not suggesting we take the road to apathy, just wanting to know if you had an ideal country in mind.

Del


If an officer asks you a direct question, and you say nothing, he can take it as an act of aggression and arrest you for disturbing the peace. Now, if he asks you a question and you say: "I choose not to answer that", you are perfectly within your rights.

Just like I wrote about swearing at a cop before. You swear at 'em, it's assault. You say "In my opinion, you are an......" and then swear, it's not.



posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
reply to post by Death_Kron
 


I agree, I can take care of my self without the help of an Officer.

Cops are an all-together waste of time.

But that is my opinion.


I would LOVE to see you take care of your self if we had no law enforcement what so ever, and just so people know, State police are not Federal officers, there for they are not part of the federal government.

The news and media are the only reason that more and more stories are coming out, very little has changed as far as how many incidents actually occur, just how many are brought to the public's attention.

I really hate it when people think that because a small percentage of the police populace abuse their power, they assume that every single officer is corrupt, when that is not the case. And yes, so you all know I'm going to college right now to get a degree in criminal justice, and I plan on going into the police academy in a few years.

As for you death kron, I dont wish anything bad on you because you dont respect police, but if you ever have to experience the pain, and anger of being a victim of a crime, say someone breaks into your home and steals all of your valuables, but you never report it, only to find out later that the police caught the guy and you still cant get your things back because you think the police are useless and never reported the crime, I think you may start to change your mind. If not, I dont care, your opinion is yours to believe, no matter how ignorant it may seem. To me at least.



posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic
 


I would definitely have to see some case law on the claim that you can be arrested for disturbing the peace if you fail to answer a question. Also be interested to see examples of people getting away with verbally assaulting an officer because they prefaced their statement with "In my opinion".

I'm not saying you're right or wrong, just would have to see actual cases that back that up before I buy it.

Del



posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Do you realize how many thousands of law enforcement officers are in the United States? You do realize that the few stories that are "brutal" are sensationalized and broadcast because it's 'good media' right?

How many "good deed" cop stories do you hear about? Not many eh? Why not? They don't sell as well as brutal stories. Disasters, strife, conflict.. those well. Papers and news stations realize this.

It's kinda funny.... the media rather responsible for the lack of serious interest in UFOs by the scientific community and much of the public. We recognize this. Yet we are blind to the fact that they do the same with the police. They are vicious and brutal killing machines! Um.. or not really.

Bad cops.. yup, they exist. Just like bad waiters, bad politicians, bad garbage disposal specialists, bad hairdresses, and bad bartenders. There are thousands of good cop deeds.. pity they are never talked about, never see the light of day. It's all about the horrible brutality.



posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit

There are good police forces around the world - don't judge all cops by the actions of a few American cops who have inferiority complexes.

It's not US cops - UK police can do similar things.

There was a guy recently arrested for photographing an officer breaking the law. Amongst other things, he was accused of assaulting the police officer by taking a photo through a window!!

The police officer in question should:

* Lose his job
* Lose his pension
* Be sued to hell by the guy he assaulted when he wrongfully arrested him
* Be prosecuted for wrongful arrest
* Be prosecuted for unlawful imprisonment
* Be sent to jail for 10 years for abuse of power


I agree 110% however the sad thing is the most likely course of action will be that the officer in question might get a temporary suspension and recieve a "caution" before he's free to roam the streets and commit further acts of madness against innocent people.



posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by gibbs1189

Originally posted by dalan.
reply to post by Death_Kron
 


I agree, I can take care of my self without the help of an Officer.

Cops are an all-together waste of time.

But that is my opinion.


I would LOVE to see you take care of your self if we had no law enforcement what so ever, and just so people know, State police are not Federal officers, there for they are not part of the federal government.

The news and media are the only reason that more and more stories are coming out, very little has changed as far as how many incidents actually occur, just how many are brought to the public's attention.

I really hate it when people think that because a small percentage of the police populace abuse their power, they assume that every single officer is corrupt, when that is not the case. And yes, so you all know I'm going to college right now to get a degree in criminal justice, and I plan on going into the police academy in a few years.

As for you death kron, I dont wish anything bad on you because you dont respect police, but if you ever have to experience the pain, and anger of being a victim of a crime, say someone breaks into your home and steals all of your valuables, but you never report it, only to find out later that the police caught the guy and you still cant get your things back because you think the police are useless and never reported the crime, I think you may start to change your mind. If not, I dont care, your opinion is yours to believe, no matter how ignorant it may seem. To me at least.


I never actually said I do not respect the police, I never said that at all. I understand perfectly that the majority of police officers are in fact good people who do wish to go about their jobs effectively and protect the innocent.

After speaking and dealing with a number of police officers in my life, I can say that some of them are yes, in fact very nice people and good at their job others however have simply wanted to arrest someone regardless of how minor their crime (urinating in a public place, not very nice but not exactly murder is it?)

I suppose as someone has already said, police officers are human beings and just like any other human beings in life there are the good & the bad. However, I think theres a big difference being a bad car salesman and selling a bad deal compared to being a bad police officer and physically assaulting an innocent member of the public.


[edit on 28/8/08 by Death_Kron]



posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Do you realize how many thousands of law enforcement officers are in the United States? You do realize that the few stories that are "brutal" are sensationalized and broadcast because it's 'good media' right?

How many "good deed" cop stories do you hear about? Not many eh? Why not? They don't sell as well as brutal stories. Disasters, strife, conflict.. those well. Papers and news stations realize this.

It's kinda funny.... the media rather responsible for the lack of serious interest in UFOs by the scientific community and much of the public. We recognize this. Yet we are blind to the fact that they do the same with the police. They are vicious and brutal killing machines! Um.. or not really.

Bad cops.. yup, they exist. Just like bad waiters, bad politicians, bad garbage disposal specialists, bad hairdresses, and bad bartenders. There are thousands of good cop deeds.. pity they are never talked about, never see the light of day. It's all about the horrible brutality.




Maybe you are right. It is true that you rarely ever hear stories any more about cops who do something positive or good for someone.

I have stated before that I do not hate cops, I support any police man or anyone else who does such a tough job yet still keeps their sense of professionalism and actually tries to do things right.

What people are getting fed up with is the short fuse mentallity and the attack dog approach that some of these officers take with unarmed Americans. Granted some people deserve to catch a beating here and there, but smacking a woman in the chest or face with a tactical baton and knocking her to the ground is messed up.

I watched that video from the Denver protest today and it sickened me. Even if she was obnoxious and even breaking the law, she was still a female and still unarmed. Cops who beat people to a pulp and go beyond the law should be locked up. Im sure these instances are rare compaired to all of the normal interactions police have with people on a daily basis, but the beating and tazing seems to be on the rise and all over the news.

Police want respect, yet people are not going to respect an unreasonable and angry individual barking orders. The approach has a great deal to do with the outcome. Yes there are good cops, but there are also cops who plant drugs and guns, cops who steal from crime scenes, cops who extort money from other criminals and cops who are just flat out violent psychopaths.

And until these types are reprimanded and removed from the streets police will always get a bad rap as enemy of the people.

[edit on 8/28/08 by BlackOps719]



posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
BAD COP..
NO DOUGHNUT !



posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Just thought I would add this link that I'v just found on the internet,

news.bbc.co.uk...

Okay, according to the article the boy had been drinking Vodka and threatening people with a fence, however when has a 30 year old ever felt "intimidated" by a 12 year old boy???

Absolutely ridiculous.

Not only did the officer assault the boy but also lied to his superiors initially and said he had fallen over!!! Now, I'm not condoning underage drinking or violence but still isn't this slightly excessive, not to mention ILLEGAL.



posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by dave420
 


Americans are not lesser beings. We are of all people. So calling us dumb is essentially calling yourself dumb.


As to brutality, it's nothing new. The world is just smaller now and so more is seen. The fear of being caught should refrain many of them.

Sometimes, Big brother watching you is a good thing.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Gorman91]

Indeed.Keeps people more honest in their actions.Ive never had any trouble with police officers.Then again i dont break the law.



posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I had thought of making a thread similar to this one but found this one.

To the Police Worldwide:

You disgust me, you ignorant apes. You do not deserve the status of 'homosapien'. You are nothing but sheep, workers for a plight that should have been rewritten decades ago. You have no ability to think for yourselves, you have a flagrant disregard for human life and you have clearly shown you have a wish for the destruction of this fine planet through following the orders of the Elite.

Harsh words? I think not when faced with such examples as innocent protesters being slammed to the ground for voicing their disgust at being treated they way they are, or the example of the young man who pointed out the fault in the ticketing officers charge and promptly got tazered for it. These are but miniscule examples of why Police have become the enemy of free speech, the enemy of free will and the enemy of the free world.

Be warned, dear officers, there will be a point at which the public will say NO MORE. And that day, dear officers, that day will be a sight to behold indeed.....



new topics

top topics



 
9
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join