It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in my pond

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
UFO in my pond

I waited some time to tell this story as I checked this site out for possibly something similar happening somewhere else, but I was unsuccessful. I tested the waters and was funny and critical to get responses on other threads and to try and see where people were coming from, yet I haven’t told my story and this is why I have come here… to do just that.
I live in Pennsylvania with my wife and children and 3 years ago we put a pond in the back yard. We have a turtle, 4 frogs, and 5 fish in the pond and they all seemed to get along very well. On May 9th of this year, my wife and I came home from visiting family for breakfast and noticed our pond was empty… with about 2 inches of water in it as opposed to it being 3 foot deep. At first site, I was sure the pond had a crack in it as I came to the conclusion that the water just did not vanish all by itself. But my immediate concern was for that of the creatures that were in there. I could not find one fish, one frog, or the turtle. My wife and I began to look around the pond and property almost frantic and could find nothing. The next day, the turtle was back in the pond, we never found the frogs, and I found one fish in the grass the next day obviously dead but in one piece. At this point, we decided to fill the pond with water and see if we could find the crack as I couldn’t understand why the fish, frogs, and turtle were gone to begin with. The pond stayed full and did not leak as we watched it over a few days and now we were really at a loss as to where the water went and where the animals went. About a weak after this happened I was sitting by the pond on a bench pondering what could have happened here. Looking around the yard, I knew it was impossible for a large animal to have jumped over an 8ft fence, but could it have? I thought about a deer, a dog, or a cat and still couldn’t figure out where the water went or how anything could have come into my yard.
I was looking into the pond when I noticed something shiny… something caught my eye in the sun on the water. I’m not sure why I was afraid to reach down into the water and grab it, but I was. Nevertheless, after a minute or two of contemplating I reached down and grabbed it. I am trying to post some pictures of what I found in my pond and it was all beginning to make sense, or at least I thought so. It must be a meteorite and when it hit it most likely drained the pond of its water. This object grabbed my wedding ring when I was rolling it in my hand; and I realized it was magnetic or something close to it. On a scale in my bathroom, I could not weigh this rock as the scale just spins to 300 and stops… every time! It is cold to the touch and feels like it weighs about 7 pounds. This object, if a rock is metal and has gold and white type crystals that shine all over the object; and there are red spots of shiny metal and tan spots of shiny metal as well. If you hit this rock with a hammer, it lets out a ping that is of a loud sound that hurts my ears. There is also some green on it like one may find on a copper pipe.
Finally, I would like to conclude with this and the pictures I’ve taken if someone can help me post these pictures from my digital camera. I know how to upload from other sites with URL, but I haven’t figured out how to post from my camera. I put this rock on the top of my microwave the first night and figured I would keep it, find a home for it somewhere and have an interesting story to tell one day about the day a meteorite hitting my pond and killed a fish, and made many other fish and frogs completely disappear. But it wasn’t going to be so simple. I had to come down the stairs that first evening to shut the timer off on the microwave and I thought that was odd considering the fact that we were all asleep upstairs when it woke my wife. As the days went on we were turning off many appliances, games, and televisions that seemed to be coming on by themselves and I was now completely spooked. My cat hisses at the rock and I’ve never heard her hiss once in 7 years, and so I made the decision to put the rock outside as it was now giving all of us the creeps. For the 7 days this rock was in the house, I took 3 Ibuprofen a day as I had a headache every day; and I normally get a headache once every three months or so. I also napped on those 7 days and I normally do not. I figure my headaches put me there, but I was also very tired and felt worried about something I couldn’t put my finger on. I put the rock back in the pond hoping it would stop spooking me and or if there was something to this rock, then maybe someone would come take it back and leave me the Hell alone with this spooky type crap. When I put the rock back in the pond, I noticed a pump came on that was lying next to the pond. This pump was lying next to the pond because it stopped working the year before and I didn’t want to dig up the wire and destroy the mulch bed so I left it there. Now both pumps are on and it looks really neat and they both work very well, but the turtle will not go in. Therefore, ultimately, we had to bring the turtle indoors with a new tank so he would not dry out and die… he is doing very well indoors and seems happy. I bought a few new fish that vanished the next day and now I want the rock off my property. I came back to the pond pissed off after telling my wife the fish were gone and figured I was going to toss this rock like a baseball as far as I could, but when I reached towards the water, I heard a humming sound that scared the crap out of me. I unplugged all the pumps and could still here the humming and was now afraid to reach into the water. The rock is still in the pond and the pumps are on only for looks as it is obvious that nothing will live in there any longer with the rock, but I’m afraid to take the rock out because there have been no other issues with this rock other that an occasional hum that even my neighbors hear and have asked us about. We play stupid and don’t want them to think we’re nuts so we never told anyone. What do I do with this rock/chunk of metal? What kind of metal lands in a pond and does this? Not one has come for the rock as I put it back where I found it. Any metal sticks to this rock as the picture shows on my desk and when I snapped the picture, my computer restarted and the camera batteries went dead. What does this? I am spooked and would really appreciate some serious responses as to what you all think I should do. And no I don’t do drugs or alcohol, never saw a UFO, and I’m not looking for money. I have only information to gain and or just a really cool rock that fell in my pond… of all places. But I think there is more to this object than meets the eye… I think there is something else to this rock and that it must have come from a magical place. I think there is more to this object and I have no idea what, but my intuition says it’s not from Earth and it doesn’t belong here; and that I’m sure some of these crystals look like gold… the white ones look gold as well. Occasionally, I’ll see an air-bubble come up from the rock and wonder how that is after being in the pond for two months. I’ll keep you all up to date as we watch this in the pond and wonder what we should do. I can take pictures or video to help you all possibly help me. I will go back in the pond for this object to show you that it is still there or do anything else you may feel helpful in figuring out what this is. Thanks for all your help! I uploaded these pictures to my Kodak account where I purchase my photos, but I don’t know how to get them here to ATS… any ideas? I’ll be watching ATS today for help so I can get these pictures posted today. Thanks for your help!

www.kodakgallery.com... 3160715&localeid=en_US

[edit on 26-8-2008 by LunarLooney1]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
never mind

[edit on 8/26/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
wwow....sounds like you may have a rare meteorite there,

certain ones have been known to have extreme magnetic properties.

looking forward to the photos......

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If the pictures are already online you usually can just link to them. Just copy their link and post them. You can also upload them on many different free image hosting websites.

www.makeuseof.com...

Btw it does seem like an interesting rock. You can of course throw it away and make many people angry here
or try to send some chunks of it out to certain people and/or research facilities to analyze it. You can also do some experiments yourself. Like solving the disappearing fish mystery by putting a fish in a bowl with the rock and record it overnight. I don't think the magnetism is causing all the weird stuff since it doesn't seem to be that strong from your description. I'm also by far not certain about this nor do I intend to scare you but there might be a chance that it's radioactive. I do not wether that would fit some of the effects you have described. But if you want to be absolute certain you could get yourself a geiger counter from ebay for about 20$ and see whether it has any abnormal levels.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

Think I got them uploaded... what do you think?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

pictures uploaded

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think the site you hosted your pics on is down

Send me the pics and i will host them for you on here

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well this all sounds very interesting, I shall keep an open mind for now, hope the pics get up soon!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
While the site was up I've seen the pics. The rock really doesn't look special but I'm not rock expert either. What interests me most are the effects you're describing and the soon to be experiments you're going to conduct

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
please upload pictures to flickr , imageshack , photobucket - ANY photohost site

and you say you can take video - pleae take a video of your bathroom scales showing zero - then you place a single rock that you claim can be lifted in on hand - which causers the scales to read 300

you are making extra ordinary claims - any yet produce zero evidence

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Pictures seem to be working for me now, try refreshing the page a few times.

I'm no rock expert so I don't know what to say really but it does APPEAR to be very magnetic, that's just going on what I've seen though.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
What type of metal is your wedding ring? I ask because;

Iron, steel (an alloy of iron), nickel, and cobalt are attracted to a magnet. Platinum and all other precious metals are not attracted.

from HERE

How big is your pond?

It sounds like a meteor splashed down into your pond, causing most of the water to get sprayed out.

Youtube Magnetic Meteorite

--------------------------------EDIT-----------------------------

Dude, cool. Go buy a lottery ticket because you have already beaten the odds.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Tiloke]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Wow, very interesting story. It's very strange its still magnetic. It does not take much heat to degauss even the strongest of magnets. What was the pond made from? Did it damage the pond? If you really want it off your property you can send it to me, I'll pay shipping
. Wonder what it would do to everything around while shipping, LOL.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Wow!

That is a really interesting story you have there!
Keep us updated!

You need a freewebs website to post your experiments on.
And then take it to (like someone said) a geologist.
Or a meteorologist.

Well I'm sorry for those fishes, But how they disappeared.
Well when the rock fell in the pool water would have been displaced, So some fish may have fell out.
And if you have any scavenger birds in your area that could explain how the fish were missing and of course cats can jump REALLY high...
But as for that last fish I'm at a loss.

Thanks for posting!

Sincerely,
joshedis

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by joshedis

I agree birds most likely got the fish and what you say is logical. This is what is most likely; and I thought it was neat because the rock is magnetic. I just wonder where it came from and who exactly I should give it to. I will take video from my digital and post that as well for those who stated I have no proof of a rock landing in my pond. It's not like the rock ate my fish and is alive... just that it is very magnetic and probably hit the pond with enough force to blow out the frogs, fish, and turtle... the turtle made his way back not on a space ship rather walked after being tossed a distance. I think your explanation is perfect and is probably exactly what happened. Now to figure out where this rock may be from and or why it may be magnetic. I will keep you up to date and update this thread for you guys who are serious and realize this is no farse... just a rock! For those who had hoped for more, this is not a UFO sighting with aliens and I have no stories like that to entertain you and I won't make any up to make me sound special or have magical powers... that's just silly. I only have a rock that displaced about 90 gallons of water in my pond and I'm sure the neighbor didn't toss it in or he would make Roger Clemons look like an amature. It came from somewhere and all you who are responding possitively I'll keep up to date... thanks!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaint

Site is up... did you see them yet? If not I will get them to you, but members saying they are seeing them. Thanks

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by somedood

lol... I hope it's not evil
I'll keep you up to date... thanks!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I found a "space rock" and used Ebay as a puplic forum to get information. Sent in a sample and my rock turned out to be dense slag.

My point is that all of the rock hounds search Ebay daily for new discoveries. Post an auction with the title "Rare Rock Can Someone Help?" or whatever, and I bet you will get a dozen emails by the end of the day. These guys were a great help for me. Be carefull who you send it to. Stolen information is valuable and a fraud will take your rock and claim that they discovered it if it is at all rare.

There have been rocks like these that were sold for tens of thousands of $s. Good luck!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
hi there,

i have now seen the pics, sorryit has taken so long for me to get back to you.

it def looks like i said it was intially, it looks like a meteorite, it even sounds like one if you say it `pings` when struck.

it looks very similar to one found by my father on a beach in norway, it turned out to be worth a fair bit of money to a collector.
i would say take it to a geologist or worse case take it to a uni or college geo teacher.
thanks
snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I see no links to any pictures of the rock anywhere in this thread. I see the two consecutive posts by the OP that says the pictures are uploaded, yet, no links anywhere. Also, why no videos of the strange phenomena surrounding the rock, such as the bathroom scales, and electrical devices turning on and such?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join