It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critique - How Did Michelle Obama Do During Democratic Convention Speech?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
-------------
-------------

How well do you think Michelle Obama did during her speech. I think she was nearly flawless in her delivery and message. The only thing she could have done a bit better would have been to pause a little longer during the applauses, and perhaps smiled like she did when her daughters came out.

-------------
-------------

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'm by no means an Obama fan here, but I give it a solid B+. I watched it on Fox (don't flame, I intend to watch the Repub Convention on MSNBC or CNN) and even they gave it a solid review. Its apparent it was a speech that's main purpose wad to tell middle America "hey we are just like you".

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I thought she hit it out of the ball park. And let me preface that by saying that I haven't been her biggest fan. The speech was brilliant and it sounded sincere - though I questioned some of her dramatic pauses and her emotional stop-starts. I thought she could have done without her Clinton and Biden remarks. AT any rate, she did her job in letting the convention know and America, by proxy, that her husband is just like us and he will continue to be just like us when and if he wins the White House. She talked about him like he was her husband which when you think about was a brilliant move. She showed him to be personable, flawed and human. McCain will try this but there has already been so much talk about his heroics, his bravery and the fact that he's a Maverick that he might as well already be gilt in Gold and mounted in some green lawn.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I thought she was flawless as well. I already thought quite highly of her, though. I'd give her an A. But she really showed the country that her family is just like them and that she and Barack are living "The American Dream". When he came on at the end and the girls saw him and went to stand in front of the image of him... Oh, my eyes teared up just a little bit. They are adorable!

Hey jefwane! That's a great idea to watch it on FOX and the Republican Convention on MSNBC!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Throwing in the obligitory "I love America" is going to bring up her past statement that she was never proud of her country. Comparisons are sure to follow.

Her and her parents hard work, should be an example for the rest of the country...too bad she discourages others from achieving the same goals.

Compared to Theresa Heinz Kerry 4 years ago, It was alot better! (That is not saying much.)

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
"Barack put kids to work in his Chicago district after school to keep them of the streets".

Yeah, sure. He sure is good a community organizer ... putting kids to work and taking kickbacks from criminals like Tony Rezko's illegal property sales in his Chicago district.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Overall she did pretty good.

I give her a B. Talking about her family I give her an A.

I didn't buy that her family was just like mine. Especially since rich is 250,000 or more and then add in all the perks politicians get.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Overall she did pretty good.

I give her a B. Talking about her family I give her an A.

I didn't buy that her family was just like mine. Especially since rich is 250,000 or more and then add in all the perks politicians get.

Believe me... Rich ain't 250k or more. I did 235 last year, and I'm no where near rich. Still living month to month and scraping to keep some for savings and some for reitrement.

I don't think I'll call myself rich until at least 400k+

I think Michelle was amazing. Never seen anything like it at a Convention.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

too bad she discourages others from achieving the same goals.

I'm sorry RR what does this mean???

I must have not been paying attention...

Care to expand?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Would you say this speech leaves her open for criticism, or is shielded by the fact shes the candidates wife?

I ask because the media and Obama campaign seemingly want it both ways.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hey, who else caught Barak Obama saying he was in St. Lois at first and then his daughter asking him what city he was in? Was that scripted cuteness or a happy little accident?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Didn't see all of it, just selected clips.

Just sayin'.....would like to see that ice princess Cindy 'family-money-worth-more-than-her-husband' McCain do even one-tenth as well.

And, as a Gay white male.....Michelle is a very beautiful woman....with a good head on her shoulders, too.

EDIT, for jetxnet down below....I forgot to add, you know a thread like this pulls all of the right wing attacks out of the woodwork. Almost like they PLANNED it, or something????

[edit on 8/25/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It's always scripted "cuteness" with Obama.

Michelle started out nervous trying to remember the speech, than got on track.

The sob story crap about Barack and her family etc. is always a Democratic strategy to invoke emotion and identification.

Just remember Michelle lied to you - she didn't like America. Now she does? How convenient.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Yes and wouldn't it be a tragedy if you were judged by one thought you just happend to blurt out. I think we all have said some very bad things about America, I hate the way many things are in America, but I can't let that ruin my positive outlook, or let it overcome the good in America.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I thought Michelle Obama came across as intelligent, sincere and gracious. Overall, she did a marvelous job on delivering her speech.

She has alll the hallmarks to be hailed as the next Jackie O. I think that Cindy McCain is going to have a hard time trying to compete with her in a side by side comparison.

Other than that, Michelle did a wonderful job of presenting her husband in a humanizing and personable light.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I thought Michelle Obama came across as intelligent, sincere and gracious. Overall, she did a marvelous job on delivering her speech.

She has alll the hallmarks to be hailed as the next Jackie O. I think that Cindy McCain is going to have a hard time trying to compete with her in a side by side comparison.

Oh spare me with the Kennedy comparisons. Obama is a NWO puppet with his own agenda and Kennedy got assassinated for speaking out against NWO. You can find that speech on YouTube.

Jackie O could speak at least 5 languages. Can Michelle, or is Obama embarrassed by this?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Didnt catch it myself. Can someone post up a link?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Well I can tell by your avatar who you think should be president. But exactly what did speaking five languages accomplish for jackie-o? You have no foundation for argument other than you are a rabid conservative that likes to yell and make light of others simply because you enjoy it. You should talk, do you even understand one language?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
She pulled it off without a hitch.

It was flawless and she has class.

Brilliant strategy today to stick to re- introducing themselves!!!

A+

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Well I can tell by your avatar who you think should be president. But exactly what did speaking five languages accomplish for jackie-o? You have no foundation for argument other than you are a rabid conservative that likes to yell and make light of others simply because you enjoy it. You should talk, do you even understand one language?

Well, consider this then. Obama said he was embarrassed for most Americans in that they could only speak one language. JFK could only speak English! I suppose Obama would have to be embarrassed by this then too.

But .. Jackie made speeches in European countries for JFK, because she knew their language.

Wasn't Michelle in that movie Boyz in the Hood?

TH3ON3, are you embarrassed that, as you say, I cannot even understand one language?? What a weak attempt at a personal attack.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join