It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critique - How Did Michelle Obama Do During Democratic Convention Speech?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

No attack my friend...I was just trying to show your wag the dog colors and would expect nothing else from a misguided NWO conservative.

And the original thread was how did Michelle Obamo do? Not, let's all attack what someone else posts because i disagree with it.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by jetxnet
Oh spare me with the Kennedy comparisons. Obama is a NWO puppet with his own agenda and Kennedy got assassinated for speaking out against NWO. You can find that speech on YouTube.

Jackie O could speak at least 5 languages. Can Michelle, or is Obama embarrassed by this?

Don't work yourself into a coronary, jetxnet. You've made your feelings on the subject of the Obamas more than abundant. Alas, your personal attacks against this dynamic couple is doing very little to advance your cause.

The truth is they are both young, intelligent, dignified and will be around the political arena for many years to come. You may not like it, but this power couple is here to stay.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Don't work yourself into a coronary, jetxnet. You've made your feelings on the subject of the Obamas more than abundant.

And you made assumptions to the contrary.

Are you American?

*Power couple* ... hmmm, that's a new one since Obama's sexual orientation is highly questionable. Who really wears the pants then?

Oh ..no, I get it. They work as a team for hope, change and unity! I got ya.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Very uplifting...from the heart...articulate....passionate...inspiring...

It left me with tears streaming down my cheek, a big ole' smile, and a heart felt warmth filled with promise for the future of America. The Obama children are so cute too...I really like how they shared a bit of who they are as a family. You could shure tell her mother was proud! The entire nation is, these are good times ahead!

Five Stars!!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

It left me with tears streaming down my cheek, a big ole' smile, and a heart felt warmth filled with promise for the future of America.

Aaaah, are you like serious? Did you happen to see that Angelic light shine down upon her as she spoke. It wasn't Green like the one for the Iranian Prez, but more of a whitish-pinkish flare to it.

I gave her C and that's only because she didn't use Q-cards.

Ok guys, am going to return this thread by to her Liberal handlers.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I don't get it. Somebody opens up an opinionated thread and then jump on jetxnet for giving an opinion.

Nothing here is based on fact, just on how people felt Mrs. Obama did on her speech.

You may not like what he says but that is jetxnet opinion.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Are you American?

*Power couple* ... hmmm, that's a new one since Obama's sexual orientation is highly questionable. Who really wears the pants then?

You can't even hold an intelligent debate without resorting to baseless innuendo and pettiness. If that's the best you can come up with, okay.

Back on topic, Michelle did a wonderful job of portraying herself and her husband. She will make a great First Lady.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I don't get it. Somebody opens up an opinionated thread and then jump on jetxnet for giving an opinion.

Nothing here is based on fact, just on how people felt Mrs. Obama did on her speech.

You may not like what he says but that is jetxnet opinion.

Thanks Jam321, i'm used to it though in Obamatron threads. I understand that they want to give Kudos to Michelle, but alas, I have my opinion.

They'll call me a "brainwashed Neo-Conservative" etc., make personal attacks right way.

Truth is, I wanted Hillary this election in spite of my Republican political leanings.

Obama -- pathalogical lieing doesn't do it for me.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

jam, that is true.....but, if you've been around for a while, you see continuing nonsense attacks.....by many on the 'right'....it is despicable to attack the husband in a thread that is discussing the wife, and her recent speech.

But, the hate-filled attack dogs come charging out.....can't wait for the GOP convention (By the way, did they pay all of their bills yet? Heard they were about $10M short....oh, that's right, we're wasting $10B a month in Iraq!

(the last paragraph was an example of deflection....but, it's a subject best left to another thread)

Gee....even Pat Buchanan liked Mrs. Obama's speech.....except, and this is certainly his style, he thought that something sould have been said to attack McCain!! BUT, that's really what the Republicans are better at, attacking an opponent....no matter whether with lies, or more damned lies....

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I believe that Michelle Obama's speech was inspiring and amazing. I could really relate through all the struggles of life which she mentioned. As a mexican american from immigrant parents its very difficult to know that all that they work for is for you and how much you really have to reach out to reach your goals. Watching my parents work 17, 18 hour work days really makes me feel like the obamas know what struggle is and how if you really do try and reach for your goal you can accomplish the american dream in this country.

OBAMA 08!!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Don't mean to sound rude. Give your opinion about Mrs. Obama speech and save what you said for another thread.

Mrs. Obama did her best for her husband and that alone has to be admired.

Once again it is an opinion and the least we could do is respect each others opinion due to this being an opinionated thread.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

can't wait for the GOP convention (By the way, did they pay all of their bills yet? Heard they were about $10M short

Maybe because they stuck to their word (something foreign to Obama conceptually) relative to Public Funding?

Obama is loaded from Hollywood and Terrorist Organizations.

With all that money, he's still not ahead in the polls.

McCain is dong a masterful job.

Gotta love the use of his kids to gain sympathy.

I've done that getting girls going for a walk with the Dog. Oh "he's so cute, how long have you had him?".

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by chibuddy23
I believe that Michelle Obama's speech was inspiring and amazing. I could really relate through all the struggles of life which she mentioned. As a mexican american from immigrant parents its very difficult to know that all that they work for is for you and how much you really have to reach out to reach your goals. Watching my parents work 17, 18 hour work days really makes me feel like the obamas know what struggle is and how if you really do try and reach for your goal you can accomplish the american dream in this country.

OBAMA 08!!!!

Well said CB23...I think it needs to be someone who knows what it's like to have to work for everything one gets, and isn't one of the elites who wont for nothing, and do nothing for wont.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I think it needs to be someone who knows what it's like to have to work for everything one gets

And Obama has certainly done this - growing up with rich banker typical White Grandparents who paid his way through Columbia and Harvard. Attending the most elite (expensive) private school in Hawaii.

Yeah, sounds like a struggle alright. He really can identify with the guy who can't afford Gas and can't find a job.

Maybe he should inflate the tires on the 1969 Galaxy so he can afford a berger. Some people's kids I tell ya.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Gee....even Pat Buchanan liked Mrs. Obama's speech.....except, and this is certainly his style, he thought that something sould have been said to attack McCain!! BUT, that's really what the Republicans are better at, attacking an opponent....no matter whether with lies, or more damned lies....

I got a good chuckle out of this...excellent point!!! I've come to expect a relatively clean campaign from the Obama's and new Democratic folks, and I guess that's why I didn't notice, but your right there wasn't any trash talking...this is how it should be...I dread the spirit of the GOP party convention if they go all out on negative attack and fear mongering; but I'll try and watch it anyway...someone a few weeks ago left a blog message on here bashing McCain (calling him names and basically make stuff up) and I brought that up with a reply too. It's very honorable in my opinion for them to avoid the typical gop/rove style continuous negativity and smearing that only divides us and distracts us from the issues.

I can't wait for Barack to speak. His speeches are amazing. Some politicians are boring as the get go and then there are the entertaining, inspiring, and fun to watch ones. I think Reagan was an amazing speaker, Clinton was, Both Bushes not so much, and Kerry I liked, but Obama hits it out of the park every time he speaks! Michelle is a pretty good speaker as well. I really enjoyed (first time I've heard her give a speech) hearing her speech tonight!

*spell check edit...oops, I always forget to do that before hitting post*

[edit on 26-8-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

jetxnet, your "mood" is indeed, unbelievable (taken from below your avatar)

"Rich white grandparents"?? Wasn't it just his grandmother, mostly?

BUT, even if two grandparents.....just how 'rich' is Obama?? I think he owns one house, in Illinois. What is his Senate salary? What does Michelle make?

NOW, let's compare to the McCains............

BUT....let's not, not here. Although you attempt to spread hatred, you keep directing it at the wrong person, based on this OP.

Direct your hatred at Michelle Obama, since she is the subject.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
It's always scripted "cuteness" with Obama.

Michelle started out nervous trying to remember the speech, than got on track.

The sob story crap about Barack and her family etc. is always a Democratic strategy to invoke emotion and identification.

Just remember Michelle lied to you - she didn't like America. Now she does? How convenient.

Thank you. Someone on ATS has the guts to cut through the BS and speak the truth. Another star for you

The content of the speech was meaningless. The reason why is because it was a big lie. The speech was fake. It was a fraud. It was designed to pull the wool over your eyes and play you for a sucker. It sounds like the vast majority of you guys bought it.

Don't be a sucker!

It doesn't matter what Michelle Obama says during a speech. The fact is, she doesn't like this country. She never has. All she cares about is furthering her own personal agenda, and her hubby Barry bends over backwards making sure he's a good man and does what his wifey says. She's an absolute miserable human being, and looking into her ugly, soulless, empty eyes while she delivered the speech put a cold chill down my spine. Looking at her empty stare while she delivered a speech where she believed none of the content was like looking at the outer steppes of Hell. I can see the writing on the wall of what will happen if this man and this woman get power in this country. You'll be wishing for the "glory days" of George W. Bush. How scary does that sound? Imagine referring to GWB's time as the "glory days." The glory days of low unemployment, affordable energy and food prices and a valuable US Dollar. Imagine everything crash before your very eyes. Ladies and gentleman, I give you Jimmy Carter, Part II, AKA Barack Obama.

This is a conspiracy site, guys. There are countless wild conclusions drawn from seemingly no evidence at all on a daily basis. Everything has the potential to be a conspiracy. Anytime there is an unknown variable, there is a possibility. But when something is BLATANTLY OBVIOUS, no one seems to notice the lie. No one seems to notice the real Barack Obama, and it just blows my mind. How can you believe in a massive UFO coverup, a 9/11 conspiracy and NOT see how evil Barack Obama is? It blows my mind.

If Hitler came back from the dead and told you he loved Jews, would you believe him?

If Stalin came back from the dead and told you he loved and respected the common man, especially the poor and middle class, would you believe him?

If Hugo Chavez looked you in the eye and told you the US media has betrayed him and he truly loved America with all his heart, would you believe him?

If you answer "no" to these questions, HOW ON EARTH can you not see that Michelle Obama is lying to you?

God bless you all. I truly mean that from the bottom of my heart. Those who can see the truth really need to pray for those who don't.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Are you getting paid to spin this up? What's this, your fourth or fifth post now? We get it, you are not likely to vote for them. You made your point already many hundreds of times on these boards...but what about her speech? In it she said he was raised by a single mother, took out student loans, and when he graduated from Harvard (anyone who could get accepted at Harvard would be a fool not to go...)rather than go work on wall street, he went to serve the community in South Chicago. The money he has made has been from his books....8 years ago he couldn't afford a car rental and was unable to get to the DNC convention, now look where he is at...

But keep on with your snide remarks and jealous posts trying to convince us all his he's just like McCain and the rest of them, and who really cares anyway, unless you are the candidate who tried to make that an issue and we all know who that was (can you say bite you in the hiney?)! It's always about the negative Nelly stuff with you guys, just like the weedwaker guy said...frankly, I think it's disgusting, and I feel sorry for you that you feel so miserable all of the time while everyone else is happy and filled with hope.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by skyshow]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join