It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you supposed to say in the mirror three times?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
otherwise you would know that Opra Winfry dances neked on the top of the mirror.

now try getting that visual out of your head.

Thanks. I'm going to need therapy to get that picture out of my head.

Now, how about try going thru the day without once thinking of the "Love Boat" theme!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
sorry, i got OCD or something but i have to say it or i go crazy....

BELOWTOPSECRET SUBJECT for the win!!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
hmmmm...

well since i'm vain as hell i say....

"damn lord you look good, damn lord you look good, and damn lord you look good."

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Funny how these childhood legends vary slightly from region to region, but have a thread of similarity running through them. When I was a kid we made someone go into a pitch black room and stare into a mirror and say "I don't believe in Mary Worth" three times, and the face you saw in the mirror was supposed to change into hers. The imagination of a grade-school age child knows no limits, and I remember this being terrifying at slumber parties. I also was vaguely aware of a comic strip entitled "Mary Worth" at the time, and I always suspected that some kid passed on the legend but mixed up Mary Worth with something else. Now I realize it was probably "Bloody Mary".

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Ghost in mirrors are only your imagination unless you truly believe. If you don't believe in ghost, afterlife, or fear of a holy or unholy being you will never see them.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
In ninjitsu there is an exercise similar to one of the posts'. Dark room, mirror, candle to the right. Stare into the mirror making sure your spine is erect. do not blink. The faces you see are supposed to be past lives or personal demons or spirits attached to you. You may see different races, be male or female, even see what looks like aliens or monsters. Pretty cool and freaky. I like to do it with someone. And it works with every one every time from my experiance.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
In a dark room with no light on, bar one lit candle. Into the mirror you recite
Bloody Mary
Bloody Mary
Bloody Mary

Or 13 seems to be a popular number of chants also..
And if you're in bathroom, you may also want to run the water as it as something to do with belief in the supernatural or whatever.

Results vary from her scratching you, to trying to drag you into the mirror, to her bloody face appearing in the mirror or blood appearing on the mirror, on the floor or splattered over you, to her killing you.

Also, another variation goes "Bloody Mary, I killed your baby!" or "I stole your baby Bloody Mary!" with the same results.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
for those who seriously want to explore that realm...
the antar reply is most accurate...

all that Mary worth, Mary this-&-that is only pop-culture entertainment stuff... like ghost stories around a campfire.

the intention (with whatever words/mantra you use) has the desired purpose of - revealing - your inner soul or essence

many will be taken aback to discover they have a grotesque monster under their visible exterior. you are looking at the dark-side 'ID'
... One side of your ID, not to be considered your real & complete hidden 'self' ...as the demons would like you to believe.

some who have taken this journey to expose/reveal their hidden self,
sometimes go bonkers or may inflict harm upon themselves...
so don't attempt a look at your deeper personna
unless your strong in mind and spirit

~L~

add the 'Siahchi' post to the real explainations/answers

[edit on 2-9-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by StUdio

TY, I did not mean to reduce a great method into a cheap parlor trick... You got what I said though so I guess it does not matter, I too was 11 and looking to get scared. Problem is I HAVE been scared before, really really scared, so call it wisdom or experience, but all that stuff can open portals around people.

The technique of Who am I, is a spiritual adventure. Yet what you said is true and I have seen one part of myself that looked like a little witchdoctor. I have also seen an alien face and many many more male and female. It is a clearing and fear reducing exercise.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join