It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion & The Devil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I am not a believer in God or the devil, Nor can say they do not exist, I am in between on the whole subject.

I was sitting around thinking about things, religion in particular. I was wondering why something that is supposed to be all about love, has been filled with so much fear and hate. So I thought that if God existed(whatever God you worship) then his word must have started out good, but has been manipulated by the devil( theories
).What if the devil got his grubby little hands into religion and changed the word of God and made it the way it is today. Changed the true word of God and made into something where people should fear a lord that expects your total devotion or else type of deal.

As I said before, this was just something I thought of....I had too much time on my hand
. I still can't stand religion of any sort, but I believe that if there is a God, I highly doubt he is the total A** that people make him out to be.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Im going to say that its clear that Jewdiasm and Christanity have been twisted from their original course, I don't know if Islam has or not but it seems to get pretty twisted in places.

So I'd yes he who's job it is to corrupt the will of humans has done his job well.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
I am not a believer in God or the devil, Nor can say they do not exist, I am in between on the whole subject.

I was sitting around thinking about things, religion in particular. I was wondering why something that is supposed to be all about love, has been filled with so much fear and hate. So I thought that if God existed(whatever God you worship) then his word must have started out good, but has been manipulated by the devil( theories
).What if the devil got his grubby little hands into religion and changed the word of God and made it the way it is today. Changed the true word of God and made into something where people should fear a lord that expects your total devotion or else type of deal.

It’s quite an interesting theory ya come up with.

Fear and hate is something people made of religion. Suppressing / controlling groups of ppl.

I’m consider myself as Multi-religious. What does that mean? That I de believe there is an original Source where all religions originate from. Rituals are cultural and Holy books are written by men.

God (which I refer to as Light) is LOVE. Pure and Unconditional. Fear and hate are men made I assume.

Remember the Biblical story about the Birth of Creation? There was LIGHT first bc of the Light the Dark was created as well. Darkness exist by the grace of Light.

Scientific theory today is the Big Bang theory. Was there Light when it Banged Big??

If one read the story carefully I think they can recognise Darwin Theory as well. That Christian don’ t do that is due to the Dogma of the Catholic Church.

The Devil?? Never ‘ seen’ him but I think there is a Dark side to everything. Not saying it’s good or bad don’t wanna judge about that.

Pieter Wierenga, a Dutch therapist (regression & reincarnation therapist) who works by freeing ppl of Energies within their Aura Field, says he spoke with Devils. He even wrote a book about it “ Stemmen uit de schaduw – Beschouwingen van Duivels over het Menselijk Ras; 1998; 152 .pp, paperback, 13 x 21 cm.” (Voices from the shadow - Contemplations from Devils / Demons about the Human Race)

cgi.benl.ebay.be...

Don’t we all carry partly ‘ God’ and “ Demon’ in us? As long as ppl still struggle with issues like selfishness and ego we still invite the Devil in.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I agree with the OP in that I am riding the fence on this whole issue. However, if I may play the "Christian's advocate" for a moment, then I would say that the Bible is a work inspired by God. For that reason the Bible itself cannot be corrupted by the devil. This also goes for the human errors, omittance of certain books, and mistranslations that so many worry about. The Bible is as God intends it to be.

That doesn't mean that the devil hasn't corrupted the men whom we charge to interpret the bible. I believe that is where the devil, if he exists, can assert his power to make God look bad.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If i am not wrong God tels us that the spirit of the evil one has been with us since he was cast out from heaven and on to earth.

If we dident belive in annything the evil spirit couldent gather legions.

The evil spirit wants us to belive in God. But he makes you falow the word and doctrins of man. And what word and doctrin do we falow to day! It sure aint Gods.

What do we worship to day. Do we worship the word of God. Or do we worship the words and idols of man. This is so easy. And you know this already.

Human words and doctrin only serves one thing and thats human needs.

If you dont go to work one day because you are going to respect a feast of God i bet you will have som real problems justefying that to your Boss. And youre work mates might think youre a nutt case. >Or a religious freak.

But they all might go to church every sunday.

Now have far away from the truth am i.

Why do you think God tels us in the bibel. I had to shorten the time or there would be non left to be saved.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I have been a Christian for a good number of years, and was raised by two loving Christian parents.

I have to chime in and ask what you've heard about Christianity that leads you to believe the messages are about fear and hate? Not once, in any sermon I've sat through, has any preacher I have ever listened to mentioned anything hateful and/or fearful.

I mean... look at the message they DO preach. It is a message of love. John 3:16 says it pretty well "For God so love the world, he gave His only son. Whosoever believes in Him will not parish, but have eternal life." What about that is fearful or hateful? Seems pretty loving to me. And that is pretty much the entire message. Jesus gave His life so that we wouldn't have to pay for our sins. That's it.

Anyone who preaches anything hateful or fearful is not preaching the word of God. And you can quote me on that.

If you are refering those who love to tell you that gays and lesbians are going to hell or you should hate them, and other similar craziness, they are definitely not a true Christian. God loves everyone, even those who are in sin. No one should ever condemn a human being for what they do or who they are. And if you don't believe I'm speaking for Christianity take another look at John 3:16, and really understand it. What it is saying is that even though we all were not living the life God wanted for us, He never once condemned us for all eternity. He saved us.

So... yeah... I have no idea where all this hate and fear you speak of is coming from. It's certainly not coming from us Christians...

[edit on 26-8-2008 by the_watcher]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
No holy text ever encourages HATE. In Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Sikhism, Unitarianism (I know this isn't a real religion, but out of respect of the religion's desired secrecy, i shall simply name is thus) and many many others, TOLERANCE is encouraged.

But men, being the competetive bastards we are, decided to hate on other religions in a desperate attempt to avoid perhaps temptation of conversion, or to feel a sense of superiority over others. Isn't that every man's most basic desire? to be SUPERIOR? and what easier way is there besides through religion? it requires no work, no toil.

Also if you notice, many religions support martyrdom (or killing oneself to defend a higher cause), namely Islam and Sikhism. And while this is promoted, these very same religions ask us not to harm our bodies for whatever the reason (suicide is forbidden in many religions). Martyrdom roots from PRIDE. and we all know that one of the seven sins is PRIDE, dont we? We PRIDE ourselves in our SUPERIORITY and would KILL ourselves for that very cause.

The devil really has nothing to do with how religion appears to be. its just the way man understand things. there are no definite DOs and DONTs in religion (ive read several religions' holy scriptures), instead we have a blueprint of sorts and the rest is left for us to figure out. we were given JUDGEMENT for a reason. if we have bad judgement we could make the most peaceful of religions seem the most vile. if we have good judgement we'd understand God's true intentions.

The Bible, in particular, changes every time. depending on the publisher, specific verses are picked out to be kept from the public eye, perhaps in an attempt not to confuse a 'believer'. is this not man's manipulation, rather than the devil? if the devil was behind any of this, he'd refuse to print the Bible at all.

The Jewish Tanakh cannot at all be considered accurate either, as it is also one of the oldest religious scriptures. in time, words do change (eg. there is huge controversial discussion on what the exact number of the beast is: 666, 616, 665, or if at all this is a number of the beast) as the story changes as it is passed down generations.

The newer holy scriptures, such as the Islamic Qur'an and such are MODIFIED versions of God's true word. Modified to fit the modern world. Muslims in those times predicted a rise in criminal activity, therefore passing terrifying laws (behead the murderer, stone the adulterer, dismember the thief, etc). God, however, is oft forgiving, and if he is so, why did he give man the authority to pass judgement OVER ANOTHER MAN? doesnt make sense does it?

if you really think about it, man's modifications on religion is just to maintain a certain order in the world: either by eliminating all other religious threats, or just by eliminating the wrong-doers. the devil has nothing to do with it.

top topics

join