It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama and John McCain are Related!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I read somewhere that they guestimate that more than 7.000.000 people in the US are related to royalty in one way or another. I am 22nd cousins to Obama and McCain as I too have lineage that leads back to Edward I.
I tried to lay claim on Windsor castle but they threw me out. Really selfish of them, I thought.

Seriously, though.Reasons for this is that quite a few immigrants from the 16th and 17th century who came to the US were people with money and titles. If you have more than one branch of your family dating back to those times you have a good chance of being related to royalty one way or another. Nothing special therefore.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

and this whole time - i always told myself that there isnt a single person on this planet that ACTUALLY wears the tinfoil helmet...

from your post i would guess i was wrong.... :shk:

There is no conspiracy.

There never has been.

Explain to me why in one sentence you grant them infinite wisdom by claiming conspiracy

and in the next sentence you call all politicians ignorant morons who can't wipe their own butt

its a contradiction of your own convictions.

Unbelievable.

[edit on 8/25/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Is it any surprise. If we all go back far enough we are all related to one another. 22nd cousins. Come on man. let get some real news.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

I question your source on the basis of the following quote:

Shields also descends from five popes

I don't know what's more disturbing- the religious implications or the sexual ones.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Barack Obama and Dick Cheney are cousins.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
if you actually stop and think about it, we're all related to one another. even without adam and eve, there could only be 2 humans in the beginning.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by J_C_J

All humans are related. News at 11.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
it hurts my head.....

its called 6 degree's of information or something like that

there's a theory out there about this ideal with Kevin bacon

you can relate anyone to anyone through 6 degree's of comparison...

[edit on 8/25/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

For the most part you are correct! It's easier to dumb it down and say almost all humans can be related if you go back at least 6 generations.

For blue eyed people supposedly all of us came from the same descendant meaning if 2 blue eyed people have sexy time, its like doing it with family. lol

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'd just like to let everyone know that I'm a descendant of Charlemagne; if a few hundred thousand people dropped dead tomorrow, I'd be Holy Roman Emperor.
That and a buck will get me a large soft drink at McDonald's.
Honestly, people, lrn2genealogy; basically everyone on Earth is descended from one royal or another, and none of our current candidates are entitled to use their ancestor's arms. They're about as likely to be part of a secret royal bloodline as they are to be shapeshifting space lizards.
Oh, wait, there are people here who believe that, too.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
How disappointing. I misread the title of this thread. At first I thought it said Obama and McCain are retarded. My mistake. Move on nothing else to see here.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Barack Obama and John McCain are Related!

We are ALL related to each other if you go back far enough in the lineage.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

irrelevant?

I fail to see how this is irrelevant

yeah you might have dated 22nd cousins, but none of you are running for president

ya don't think that this seems a bit elitist .....just a bit

how about the other 15 presidents?

by your logic you or me might be related to them as well

but i'll put money down that we are not

c'mon!!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

well inbreading does lead to retardation

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Obama, the son of a white woman from Kansas and a black man from Kenya, can call six U.S. presidents, including George W. Bush, his cousins. McCain is a sixth cousin of first lady Laura Bush.

Obama has a prolific presidential lineage that features Democrats and Republicans. His distant cousins include President George W. Bush and his father, George H.W. Bush, Gerald Ford, Lyndon Johnson, Harry S. Truman and James Madison. Other Obama cousins include Vice President Dick Cheney, British Prime Minister Sir Winston Churchill and Civil War General Robert E. Lee.

dianarn.wordpress.com...

So they are really born into politics.....

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I still think he's a commie, but we still need to get all the world leaders, and put them in a ring and let them duke it out. Leave the hard working people alone for once and settle things like normal folks. Talk, drink, yell drink, fight drink. One of two things they all die or they get a clue.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

...distantly related: Obama and Bush are 11th cousins... Obama and Cheney ninth cousins once removed... Cheney and Bush are related to one another by a completely different common ancestor.

www.suntimes.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I know this is old news now, but i only became aware of this about 20min ago when i stumbled across a few videos on you tube titled "Barack Obama Related to Six US Presidents", that no one has posted.

Here they are if any one is interested.
I know a lot of people say its nothing and we are all related some where down the track, but.... i just think its strange that all these Presidents family tree's can be linked back to many not just one or two leaders and kings good and bad 100's of years ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join