It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueOrb

Originally posted by Vanitas
...... the epicentre of the earthquake of 1390 was in Bad Reichenhall, which is practically at the Untersberg.

You kept that one quiet, didn't you?!!!!!!!

You never asked!!!

All right, here's something for Bavarian-earthquake-lovers:

www.nat-hazards-earth-syst-sci.net...

edit on 19-8-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Just got caught up, wow that is a lot to read, so much information i think my brain is on overload.

Hmm well only one major earthquake in the area would not change things to much. Guess that is not a issue. Which is good, if there were more there might be less of the mountain caves left due to them.

Has anyone given any consideration to the smaller natural vortex's found around the globe? I am wondering if there is a connection. Example of one is www.montanavortex.com... , which i have visited a few times there is also many others examples paranormal.about.com...

I am wondering if there is a connection with the energy, some have referenced gates or places where one can enter and end up some where else in the world, could these all be connected?

Now i am going to have to do some research and find them all and see what i can dig up. The ones listed are just in the U.S. since that is all i know of, but there are reports of them being all over the world in many countries.

I think there is a much bigger picture here than just Untersberg. It seems that every place that has a natural energy field has reports that match what was presented in this thread, hobbits, ect.

I have to say i envy you that live close to there, if i was able i would love to visit Untersberg in person. Although i know this will never happen and this thread is as close as i will ever get. Some great history there as well as mystery.

Ok i am off to do some searching, thanks to everyone that has had input into this thread, it has been quite a interesting ride reading the whole thing at once. Only draw back is that is a lot of information for the sponge to absorb at one time.

Where is Sky? Inquiring minds want to know.... Hopefully safe where ever it may be.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

if i was able i would love to visit Untersberg in person. Although i know this will never happen and this thread is as close as i will ever get.

You might still go there.
Stranger things and greater miracles have happened.

And thank you for your very worthwhile contributions to the thread so far.

edit on 19-8-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

I have come to the conclusion I must be an unwitting thread-slayer.

I'll retire, but before I do that, let me just add this interesting little tidbit regarding dragons from this website:

Possibly related to that tale is the reported experience of a modern scientist, while attending a workshop in 1984. This meeting was a naval presentation [he was in at the time] and the subject matter was not very exciting. It was about 11am and well into the orientation lecture when the officer began to see the floor beneath himself and the other officers in the room becoming transparent. He was not asleep in any way, as he remembered every word of the lecture "loud and clear", but his experience of the "floor environment" was radically changing despite the above-the-floor scene remaining exactly the same. What he was now looking at below the floor was a set of apparent "connections" between every individual in the room with the back of a great animal --- yep, a dragon. Each man was attached to that great dragon through which seemed to flow an animating energy of life. He felt powerfully alive. The dragon, which seemed to extend forever, had a tiled/fitted scaly back composed of subtle jewel-like colors. It was "impossibly beautiful". Staring at the beauty, he then saw the beast writhe a bit, lift up its head, and momentarily stare back at him. The view of the dragon lasted several minutes until the floor again began "solidifying" and the vision was gone.

As you can see, it brings states of consciousness into the equation.
In my opinion, it is much more plausible than suggesting that all "dragon" sightings (there are many mentioned, including Kircher's) were simply "hallucinations" - whatever that means.

edit on 25-8-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I kind of agree with you, even though i tend to dismiss descriptions such as the floor episode as symptoms of individual minds, that may or may not be malfunctioning or influenced by something else of the chemical / herbal variety!

It does raise a thought in my mind though (which is NOT chemically or herbally influenced, unless you count Aloe Vera in that group!).

What if the mind, or conscious self can "feel" something, a connection with the earth of some sort (perhaps the frequency, which made me buy the watch, if you remember!?!), and "vizualizes" the feeling in the mind's eye.

Something as powerful as the huge chunk of mother nature that we inhabit, would need something huge and powerful to represent it in a vizualisation of the feeling, or energy that is detected by the subconscious. What better than a huge, flying, fire breathing monster?

My first though was how the human eye has a blindspot, and the brain "fills in" the blind spot to complete the vision that our mind processes. Perhaps a similar "filling in" or artificial representation takes place when the subconscious detects powerful energy from the earth, that it cannot rationally explain?

And by the way, you're no thread killer, and don't you dare go anywhere.

edit on 26-8-2012 by BlueOrb because: because i type too quickly and make too many mistakes.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
In my opinion, it is much more plausible than suggesting that all "dragon" sightings (there are many mentioned, including Kircher's) were simply "hallucinations" - whatever that means.

That would be Father Athanasius Kirchner then! Just noticed the mention in the post from Ad Astra also. Can't belioeve it didnt register at the time.....

This post was way back on page 46:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Same guy that was involved in the area of Telluric Currents, which the post was about.

Amazing how things come full circle sometimes. Nice One!

edit on 26-8-2012 by BlueOrb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I think Kirchner's book "Mundus Subteraneous"is probably worth investigating too..........

Looks like this guy who was mentioned all the way back is probably worth a little more investigation!

I can't believe i let this one go. Got all excited about the Telluric Currents and failed to look further. My bad.
edit on 26-8-2012 by BlueOrb because: once again, typing too fast and getting it wrong.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueOrb

My first though was how the human eye has a blindspot, and the brain "fills in" the blind spot to complete the vision that our mind processes. Perhaps a similar "filling in" or artificial representation takes place when the subconscious detects powerful energy from the earth, that it cannot rationally explain?

Something as powerful as the huge chunk of mother nature that we inhabit, would need something huge and powerful to represent it in a vizualisation of the feeling, or energy that is detected by the subconscious. What better than a huge, flying, fire breathing monster?

This is an excellent thought.
Furthermore, I think it could be very close to the truth (or at least to that part of the greater truth about the nature of the universe that we can currently grasp).

The question is, would those visual representations be strictly individual?
Or would they be something akin to Jung's archetypes? (And if so, where from and how did those come about?)
Or both?

And of course, there is still the possibility that "hallucinations" really could be - at least in some cases - actual sightings of things that are there all the time. Certain substances, like alcohol, produce consistent types of delirium. They do seem to be the product of the individual's mind only, something completely fabricated by the person's mind - excretions of fears, sorrows and what-have-you.

But other substances - and liminal states of mind, of course - maybe can disclose a certain level of very real reality that remains hidden to most people.

(Unfortunately, my drug of choice - Nicotiana tabacum - produces none of the above.
).

But all of this is ultimately of secondary importance at this point.
The idea that te mind could interpret energies in such a way is novel to me. It's a great idea.
Well done.

P.S. Oh, there is yet another possibility, of the more far-fetched kind...
Maybe all of time IS there all the time, as some claim (which would explain a lot - not necessarily correctly, of course, but it would explain it : )); and maybe people CAN catch glimpses of other realities.
If so, then one could speculate that Kircher, for example - who was a very respected scientist in his time, and living 500 years ago doesn't automatically make one an ignorant idiot : ) - saw a machine from our times. (I said it was far-fetched, didn't I?
).

Just like that mysterious metallic-looking and very noisy "bird" that scared the daylights out of the miners of the Copiapo copper mine back in 1868, I think.
Reading its description - written and signed by the director of the mine himself - it sounds curiously similar to a helicopter.
Maybe they saw the helicopter that took their colleagues to the hospital in 2010?

edit on 26-8-2012 by Vanitas because: To remove a dozen of superfluous smilies or so

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Remind me, one day, to explain to you my theory of "Time", ghosts , and indeed, Timeslips

Admittedly, it's far easier to explain when standing next to a coiled hosepipe or cable, but i can try nonetheless.

Maybe i need to take a photo of the hosepipe and notate it accordingly.......
edit on 26-8-2012 by BlueOrb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Remind me, one day, to explain to you my theory of "Time", ghosts , and indeed, Timeslips

What better day than today, especially since it's already tomorrow?

Admittedly, it's far easier to explain when standing next to a coiled hosepipe or cable, but i can try nonetheless.

Since there's the Empty Quarter between us (and I am hiding behind a sofa as an extra precaution), it's safe to say: bring it on!

But, just to end this little excursion with something more constructive, I'll throw another name into the mixture:

Mont Canigou.

Another mysterious mountain that may - or may not - have something to do with the possible alignments perceived earlier in the thread.

And that's all I am saying.

edit on 26-8-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
news from the mountain.
at august 15 th - the hightime for time-portals and dimension-portals at untersberg many people have stayed in the cave of the mittagsscharte:
look at my online photo album:
picasaweb.google.com...

you see a ray of energy or light coming from the floor of the cave. it is definitely not coming from the tunnel, which is connected with the surface area.
you see a man at the right, who is sitting and meditating.
and a woman at the left, who is praying in front of a self-constructed altar.
very fascinating!
i try to contact one of the person and will ask, what is her intention.
maybe then you can understand the ray.
it has been exactly at high noon. you remember the name "mittasscharte" - translated as high noon-windgap.
edit on 27-8-2012 by white eagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by white eagle

Beautiful photos, White Eagle!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Someone probably mentioned this- I am tired, and didnt read thru all of the posts.

Wasn't the original Pied Piper story set around Germany, and didnt he lead the children into a mountain, and they were gone for months or years or something? I cant remember, and I have to hit the hay.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Someone probably mentioned this- I am tired, and didnt read thru all of the posts.

Wasn't the original Pied Piper story set around Germany, and didnt he lead the children into a mountain, and they were gone for months or years or something? I cant remember, and I have to hit the hay.

It's set in Hamelin - which, oddly enough, would need another piper right now - and yes, I think it was mentioned in this thread, about three years ago.
(This thread turned four on August 24th!)

edit on 28-8-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Know what be great. You know that tv show on Scifi channel forget whats its called, where he explores
mysterys of the world, kinda crappy never finds anything. Should send his ass over there to investigate,
would love to see that. Come on, its a good idea actually.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by aerial

I am not famiiar with the programme, but whoever does this they cannot ignore this thread.
I think it's probably the best compilation of data - AND original thought - anywhere.

However, I doubt that anything would appear on camera.
Odd events tend to favour a totally open, purpose-less state of mind, which is at odds with the purpose of making a TV programme; and the instruments they could bring along would only show - if anything - discrete measurements of environmental factors.
If there are forces there that affect the mind - our "real time" comprehensive projector/viewer of the world - mechanical instruments would show very little, if anything at all.

edit on 28-8-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cm23

It was impossible at that time to cross the iron curtain. Borders between east and west were closed, and deadly.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
You might want to draw a parallell with "Bugarach", another "magic mountain", but in southern France, in the Pyrrenean mountains.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I just thought it would be interesting to see on tv. Theres really not much
video footage of it, thought more would be nice. To see it documented on tv.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by aerial

Oh, of course.

I think there have been documentaries on it. German, if I am not mistaken.
But I haven't seen any.

As for Bugarach - of course, that one is worth considering, too.
(Even though I personally tend to believe that it may be currently over-hyped, if you know what I mean.
Let's wait until 2012 is over, and then see what's left of the legends. :-))

edit on 31-8-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join