Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I cant help but agree with you regarding Bugarach - seems to me like they are trying to cash in on the legends of nearby Rennes le Chateau.

Of course, the same myths exists about underground worlds, etc, but then again any mountain with a cave system seems to have those legends. Just some are more interesting than others!

edit on 3-9-2012 by BlueOrb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueOrb

Yes, exactly.
I think 2013 may be an interesting year for research in "esoteric" subjects, with much of the hype cleared and out of the way.

However, I think the nearby (relatively speaking) Cathar structures, mentioned in your long-ago seminal post about possible alignments (of structures), will remain a worthwhile subject to consider, especially in light of the "mystical" pursuits of the Nazis.

Speaking of which, there was an entertaining thread a few years ago.
(I mean "entertaining" in a good sense.
)

In case you missed it, here it is:

Out of place and out of time.

edit on 3-9-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

As soon as i read something like....... "We had a fair amount to drink and were a bit stoned......" i immediately tend to discount more than 50% of whatever follows as having much truth in it.

I do believe, though, that areas in and around mountains lend themselves to experiences such as that, and indeed a lot of what we have discussed here in this thread. A mixture of the sheer awesomeness of the scenery, probable geomagnetic effects on the body in many circumstances, and the combined effects of such on the mind, whether conscious or subconscious, could, and probably does, lead to periods of time being "lost" - even if this is just ten minutes of taking it all in that feels like two hours.

We have a few mountains here (not very near to me, but not too far either, and towards the end of the day, the highest point in the country attracts many people who take the time to drive 90% up the mountain and then walk the last 10%, just to experience the end of the day on the top of the mountain.

Mind you, it has neen described as one of the top ten driving roads in the world in some quarters, to maybe that has something to do with it too.......

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueOrb
reply to post by Vanitas

As soon as i read something like....... "We had a fair amount to drink and were a bit stoned......" i immediately tend to discount more than 50% of whatever follows as having much truth in it.

Ah yes - I forgot to warn you about that... Sorry.

Still, it is well worth reading in detail; and I think it would be unwise to dismiss it completely because of the substance involved.
There are plenty of cases where similar or even more puzzling events took place and no mind-altering substances were involved. I have experienced them myself more than once (which is how I got interested in this topic in the first place); and some happened in the south-west of France, while visiting a Cathar fortress.
(I am not going to talk about them because it would be more than a little off topic.)

Anyway, let's not forget that Himmler's pals roamed through that area - and I doubt they were stoned.
What were they looking for?

I do believe, though, that areas in and around mountains lend themselves to experiences such as that, and indeed a lot of what we have discussed here in this thread. A mixture of the sheer awesomeness of the scenery, probable geomagnetic effects on the body in many circumstances, and the combined effects of such on the mind, whether conscious or subconscious, could, and probably does, lead to periods of time being "lost" - even if this is just ten minutes of taking it all in that feels like two hours.

Absolutely, and I think you explained it very well.
Still, there are cases of "weirdness" where logic fails. Completely.
(Which isn't to say that there is no logical explanation - only that our grasp of the nature of things is incomplete at best, so our current "logic" can only carry us so far.)

We have a few mountains here (not very near to me, but not too far either, and towards the end of the day, the highest point in the country attracts many people who take the time to drive 90% up the mountain and then walk the last 10%, just to experience the end of the day on the top of the mountain. Mind you, it has neen described as one of the top ten driving roads in the world in some quarters, to maybe that has something to do with it too.......

Lucky you!

I believe a good friend of mine, a participant in this thread, has visited that mountain.
(Of course she would climb it all the way - from below the sea level, if possible
- so if you ever saw a woman walking from all the way from the bottom... that was her. :-)

edit on 3-9-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

It's called Jebel Hafeet, which translates from Arabic as "Empty Mountain". This could refer to it as being "empty" (to a very large extent) of either vegetation or animal life, or it could refer to it having many caves and also burial sites within it (thus, empty meaning hollow). I don't think anyone knows for sure.

It straddles the UAE / Oman border, and apart from a small ridge of rock leading to it, it pretty much rises from nowhere.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueOrb

Fantastic!
The desert is one big mystery.
Who knows what could be hiding under those vast barren sands... and inside those mountains.

This is somewhat off topic - which is almost unavoidable with a thread this long, I suppose - but I have the feeling that many reading this thread, including you, could be interested in the writings of Thomas Lethbridge.
I found him via Colin Wilson, specifically his book Mysteries of the Occult, which is definitely worth reading itself. (My only reproach to Wilson would be that he uses the term bored far too often for my taste.
)

Lethbridge was one of those truly and invaluably sceptical researchers, meaning that he approached his subjects with an open mind, not jumping to conclusions in any direction.

I think I'll add both of them to that nice thread about books that KarlHungis started long ago.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I believe a good friend of mine, a participant in this thread, has visited that mountain. (Of course she would climb it all the way - from below the sea level, if possible - so if you ever saw a woman walking from all the way from the bottom... that was her. :-)

November 1996.
Is this thread dead now?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

November 1996.
Is this thread dead now?

It's asleep. Like those kings under mountains.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Well i have been researching hollow earth theory and have now been side tracked after making some connections with the black sun, black holes and the all seeing eye. I now believe they refer to the same thing. i.e black sun=black hole=all seeing eye. See my youtube video for a better explanation.
www.youtube.com...

Now something on this thread caught my eye on page 15 of this thread "reply posted on 27-8-2008 @ 10:02 AM by SETILunatic
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Untersberg has always held some fascination for me, especially because of its unique form (viewed from above, it's almost a triangle, with an almost-round "bowl" in the middle of the peak). I have hiked on and around it a few times, but have not seen anything out of the ordinary during the day."

Can someone shed some more light on the above comment by SETILunatic? Does the mountain represent the "all seeing eye (black sun/black hole)" as explained in my video? It is starting to sound like it. Would love to see some photos of this triangular mountain with a circular bowl in it. "As above so below".

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
With the upcoming galactic alignment with the black sun apparently occuring on december 21st 2012 i was wondering if anyone was planning a visit to the mountain to be bathed in divine light.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by nat1971a

It's not a bad idea, Untersberg on the day of the winter solstice, regardless of the "black sun".

Regarding your previous post, I can't help you, I've been "out" of this for too long now, but I hope someone else can.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Starred this, very interesting to say the least!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nat1971a
With the upcoming galactic alignment with the black sun apparently occuring on december 21st 2012 i was wondering if anyone was planning a visit to the mountain to be bathed in divine light.

i am planning a special event for winter solstice at the bottom of untersberg.
look here - but you must translate (sorry):
blog.berchtesgadener-land.com...

it is an event in resonance with an other event at the bottom of uluru (ayers rock):
look here...
www.mantra-singing-circle.de...

there are many other events in the untersberg-region in resonance with the most important date.

you are right - there is a horus-like eye in the middle of the triangle.
you can see it on my new map which is part of my new book "magical country of berchtesgaden":

map cutout:

book:

on 12.12.12 there will be a setting of the 12th orgonit-stone in a cave of untersberg called nixloch.

the sleeping dragon is awakening!
edit on 6-12-2012 by white eagle because: (no reason given)
edit on 6-12-2012 by white eagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by white eagle

I doubt I'll be able to attend, much as I would like to, but maybe someone else would be interested, so here's a bump.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by white eagle

So, how did it go, White Eagle?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This was one of the first posts I read on ATS.I am in for a long re-reading,and am happy to have come across this again!Thanks OP!Oh and to all other ATS'ers who contributed to thread.
edit on 5-1-2013 by SilverStar33 because: Dreamt of caves last night,today I re-find this thread.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This was one of the first posts I read on ATS.I am in for a long re-reading,and am happy to have come across this again!Thanks OP!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This was one of the first posts I read on ATS.I am in for a long re-reading,and am happy to have come across this again!Thanks OP!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
IS this place near the konigsee around neuschwanstein ?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Not sure if anyone touched on this i cant be bothered looking through all the posts, but they made a 10 euro silver coin in appreciation of untersberg and they put 2 gnomes on it
pretty cool..

also the gnome is pointing at something in the mountain, then on the flip side of the coin is King Charlamagne looking sad, and the gnome has brought in the boy to see him.
edit on 23-1-2013 by olli123321 because: change of information

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join