It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Hi Sky,

Nice idea!

Apart from contacting the 'local' police station, as a freelance journalist and asking the question (for research of course!), or trying the local hotels - as to who 'checked in' but never 'checked out', I am having difficulty with this too!

I'm not giving up just yet though! will try another search engine - 'allthe web.com'

Missing persons Stats - Austria:
H

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Havalon]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by flymetothemoon

thanks for those links,

very informative.

cheers
snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Havalon

It´s a fact that a significant amount of people go missing in the area. Here´s just one example from the website of the bavarian police: Missing Person. This person went missing in a village called "Bayerisch Gmain" which is so close to the Untersberg its outskirts are practically built on the mountain. According to the police report this person suffers from Downsyndrome and went missing from an asylum there. He had left the asylum, presumably to take a walk, and was never seen again.

However, stuff like this is not helpful unless we can compare it to the missing person stats in the rest of Germany/Austria. If anyone out there can help....we´d be grateful.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I have already posted a translation (Norwegian) in an earlier post in this thread. Here comes another translation... I find this interesting and quite similar to the things we are currently discussing in this thread. Its an article from a Norwegian UFO-portal about UFO-observations in Norway in the period 1563-1946 - with many witness reports. I don't know how reliable this source is (as everything else on the internet)... but its interesting nonetheless.

This post continuous this earlier post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Fra den norske folkloren og folketroen har vi mange historier (om bergfolk, haugfolk, huldrefolk, underjordiske, og åsgårdsreien) som ofte har paraleller til senere tiders UFO-rapporter. Huldrefolket levde i en annen dimensjon, og var vanligvis usynlige for mennesker. Tiden gikk i en annen hastighet hos de underjordiske og bergfolket - et par timers besøk kunne vise seg å ha vart i opptil flere århundrer når bergtatte mennesker kom tilbake. Åsgårdsreien kunne fly gjennom lufta, og deltagerne har bl.a. blitt beskrevet som "veldig små folk, som 4-6 år gamle gutter". (Altså 100-120 cm høye - som vår nyere tids meget populære grå ufonauter!) Bergfolk, underjordiske og åsgårdsreien, kunne ikke bare stjele dyr, men også kidnappe mennesker. Vi har eksempler på at folk har vitnet i retten om dette, til og med med vitner. De har bl.a. beskrevet hvordan det så ut inne i fjellet. Der forsøker bergfolket å få mennesker til å drikke eller spise, men gjør de det så er de tapt for alltid og kan ikke komme tilbake. Bergtatte folk kunne ofte bli merket for livet dersom de slapp ut; enten ble de mentalt ustabile eller de kunne bli synske. Motivet bak disse kidnappingene var at haugfolket eller de underjordiske trengte å innføre friskt blod i rasen sin. (En klar parallell til våre dagers "abduction"-historier/CE-4 rapporter, og teoriene omkring genetiske eksperimenter!)
Men det som er viktig å merke seg er at rapportene i dette heftet viser at UFO-FENOMENER IKKE ER NOE NYTT! Folk har sett merkelige og ukjente fenomener i atmosfæren til alle tider, og gitt de forskjellige navn som "luftskip", "spøkelsesfly", "spøkelsesraketter", osv.
Dersom leserne skulle komme over saker av interesse som ikke er nevnt i dette heftet, oppfordres de til å ta kontakt.

Translated:
From the Norwegian folklore we've got lots of stories (about bergfolkets, haugfolk, huldrefolk), often drawing parallels to UFO-reports from our time. It was said the Huldrefolket lived in a different dimension, and was generally invisible to humans. The time went in a different speed with these beings - a couple of hours, could turn out to have lasted for up to several centuries when abducted people returned after being returned by these beings (bergfolkets, haugfolk, huldrefolk). These beings have been described as being able to fly trough the air, and they looked like "very young people, such as 4-6 years old boys." (In other words 100-120 cm tall - as a alien often is described in our current time!). Bergfolket, haugfolk or huldrefolk would not only steal animals, but also abduct people. There are examples of people talking about abductions in court, even with witnesses. They have, among other things, described how it looked inside the mountains these beings came from. The motif behind the kidnapping was that haugfolket or bergfolket needed to introduce fresh blood in there breed. (A clear parallel to our days of "abduction" -historier/CE-4 reports, and the theory of genetic experiments!). People have seen strange and unknown phenomena in the atmosphere throughout history, and given the different names such as "luftskip" (airship), "spøkelsesfly" (ghostship), "spøkelsesraketter" (ghostrockets), etc.

post continues...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
(I include a witness report here... the report is from around 1563, yes 1563)

Desember 1563; 19:30-21:00; Bergen
"Lit for iuel saag ieg vdi luchten denne syn, huilken som skede da klocken var slagen halff otte oc varede til hun var fult nie. Christern Ulff oc en guldsmed oc begge deris quinder oc tienestefolk saage det da de ginge aff By badstuffuen..." Slik innleder bergenspresten Absalon Pederssøn Beyer beskrivelsen av et himmelfenomen observert over byen sent på året 1563, en tildragelse han gir stor plass i sin dagbok og som han også forsøker å tegne. Han forteller videre om hvordan en rund, unaturlig, sort "sky" farer forbi månen og dekker den til. Straks slår det en lue av røyk og ild ut av den runde "skyen", og det høres en lyd som får presten til å spørre Christern Ulff hva det er som suser. Skyen beveger seg så "hastelig frem og tilbage" og forsvinner. Beyer innrømmer at han ikke har anelse om hva det er han har sett, men som var vanlig på den tiden, tolker han himmelfenomenet som tegn på pest, død og ulykke.

Translated (very rough translation, but it gives a good approximation, its old old Norwegian - trying my best):
The sight was visible in 3 hours. It was late in the year and the text talks about a priest called "Absalon Pederssøn" who describes a phenomena in the sky above the village he is in. The priest has dedicated a big spot in his diary for this incident. The priest tells about "a round, unnatural, black "cloud" moves past the moon and clouds it." Instantly the object or cloud makes fire and smoke and makes a weird sound. This cloud dances forward and back again and then disappears. The priest never understood the phenomena, but he saw it as a sign of coming death and plague.

Source: www.ufo.no...

Just me 2 cents... It's interesting with all these stories about beings living underground and in mountains.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by DwaynetheSpecious]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Oh That's sad!

Good work all the same,

I refined my 'search' and edited above re stats:

Here:

Worth a looksee!

H

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Havalon]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DwaynetheSpecious

Very good.

Looks like there is a group of inter- or extra-dimensional beings that have been here for a very long time. Maybe "greys" and "UFOs" is only their newest way of showing themselves. Or maybe its a different race than the greys. In any case, they live in caves and mountains, have a different handle over time, and abduct humans.

______

Havalon: I´ll post something on missing persons stats the moment I find it. *sigh*

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The map below is not that great, but it really shows how much efforts they did put into Hitlers control of this special area...The germans build tunnels/bunkers where ever they came (This month they opened three tunnels in Berlin) but there really has to be something special about "Hitler's mountain" ???

Plan of the Obersalzberg Bunker System

The portions that are open to the public are marked in yellow. Other tunnel and shelter systems existed beneath other parts of the Obersalzberg, such as the Gutshof, Antenberg, Klaushöhe, Buchenhöhe, and Oberthal. Many other tunnels existed in this area that are not shown on this map. (Dokumentation Obersalzberg)

When the air war over the Reich became a reality in 1943, Reichsleiter Martin Bormann was forced to order the construction of a series of air raid shelters and command posts for the residents and military staff of the Obersalzberg. These tunnels are usually called "bunkers," but they are not technically so, since they were not meant as defensive positions from which to fight (even though their entrances were protected by machineguns), but simply shelters in case of air attacks. They were used successfully for this purpose during the Royal Air Force bombing on 25 April 1945.
Elaborate shelter systems were built beneath the hill behind the Berghof, with tastefully furnished rooms for Hitler and his mistress Eva Braun; beneath the RSD headquarters at Haus Türken; and into the high hill near Göring's house (sometimes called the Göring Hill or Adolf Hitler Hill). The latter included Bormann's private bunker, another private bunker for Göring and his adjutant (which Bormann would not allow to be connected to the rest of the bunker system), and a command and communications center for the Obersalzberg anti-aircraft defense. There was also a bunker complex behind the Platterhof, linking to Hitler's bunker, for Army headquarters, and other smaller complexes in the periphery of the area (Antenberg, Klaushöhe, Buchenhöhe).

The bunker systems consisted of multi-level tunnels lined with concrete and bricks, with associated power, heating, and ventilation systems, and anti-gas protection systems. Most entrances and emergency exits were covered by protected machinegun positions, and some of these were quite elaborate. It would have been difficult for any enemy to fight his way into these systems. The anti-aircraft defense center included a concrete observation tower.

It should be noted than in addition to the traditional air-raid bunker systems, there were several systems of access tunnels linking nearly every building on the Obersalzberg.

source : The Berghof and Obersalzberg tunnel /bunker systems

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
To those of you discussing entering the mountain with weapons:

Please do not take ballistic weapons (ie guns, bazooka´s etc) into the cave systems.

To start with, the report of a fired gun could be VERY unpleasant in an enclosed space with the acoustic properties that are inherent to caves.

Furthermore, unless your favored way to die is being impaled head to toe by a stalactite, only take ´silent´ weapons down there.

Like someone else said: Slingshot, pistol crossbow, and a damn good knife.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychopump

well said....i could just see someone letting off a gun and a big rock dropping on their head !! lol

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Disappearing without a trace

Going missing in the area, it seems, is not unusual. I just found two more recent reports from official sources:

From Here:

12.11.07 Berchtesgaden
Vermisste Person
Um 8:53 Uhr wurde die Wasserwacht Berchtesgaden von der Polzei über die Rettungsleitstelle alarmiert, um einen 57-jährigen, der von einem Spaziergang am Sonntag nicht mehr nach Hause kam, in der Königsseer- und Berchtesgadener Ache zu suchen. Gleichzeitig wurde der Einsatzleiter Wasserrettungsdienst mitalarmiert. Dieser koordiniert den Einsatz über mehrere Wasserrettungseinheiten. Weiters wurden in der Folge die SEG´en (Schnell Einsatz Gruppe) der Wasserwacht Bad Reichenhall und Freilassing alarmiert.
Die Ache wurde in zwei Abschnitte eingeteilt, innerhalb derer die Einheiten sowohl am Wasser mit entsprechenden Schlauchbooten als auch von Land aus die fünf Wehre absuchten.
Um 12:25 Uhr wurde nach der ausführlichen Suche der Einsatz erfolglos beendet.
Die Wasserwachten waren mit 19 Wasserrettern im Einsatz.

A 57 year old who went for a walk and didnt return was looked for by police and 19 people from the life guard dept. Search began at 8:35 and was ended at 12:25 without success. A subsequent search a few days later was ended without success too.

From a website on missing children:

A 17 year old member of a boarding school (Berchtesgaden at Untersberg) who dissappared without a trace on the 5. of July 2008

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Hi all. Great thread.
Apologies if this post comes out of sequence, and for being anonymous, but i'm not registered just yet. I just want to say that one of the reasons i have stumbled across this thread is that i was in the area a couple of weeks ago, directly acrosss from the Untersberg, actually on the site of Hitler's Berghof, and was taking photos of the few bit of rubble and the concrete wall that remain, when i inadvertantly captured a very clear blue glowing orb in one photo, I only noticed this a couple of days later when reviewing photos, and am now looking into the matter with comment from a fairly well qualified physicist in the US, to try and get some sort of explanation as to what it is. The "revelation" to me, about the magnetic fields in the area, is very interesting, since the "orb" is, i believe, a ball of "energy" - you can see the photo at www.jalexonline.com/klaush.htm (it's the first photo - the other 2 were taken actually inside the Kehlstein mountain in the tunnel up to the Eagles Nest, and also have orbs - one partially hidden behind a smoke detector, provinf that it actually is there. I hope to register and join i this thread when i have more time! Once again, very interesting thread - a great read. Gary, UK (but currently in Dubai!)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Thank you anonymous poster. Im glad Im not the only one seeing Orbs there.

Here´s the picture you provided in your link:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hi all, what a great topic.. i really love this one.. Ive done some searching on the web, and i think someone allready posted this but im not sure.. this is a book about the area: Sagen der Vorzeit, oder ausführliche Beschreibung von dem berühmten salzburgischen Untersberg oder Wunderberg" Autor Aeußer www.wfg-gk.de...

I will try and read it tonight! I have also asked friends of mine who live in bavaria for more information, locally, hope they will find something!!

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Pazzzzz]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Superb Thread Skyfloating I've been reading this for the last few days, Obviously S+F!
Not sure i can bring anything to this thread that others haven't already said.

If the world over have the same legends surrounding mountains, and clearly they do, then there is clearly "something" going on and worth investigating.......

Not sure if this helps but i remember reading some years ago about some electronic "worms" that were being picked up by Video recorders back in the 90's in caves the opinion at the time was they might be a new life form.
Also a couple of years ago A British Special forces team got into difficulty in the worlds biggest/deepest? cave in Mexico they didn't have permission to be there and it all went quiet...believe they were arrested....claims of a training mission!!! pretty sure this cave was where these electronic "worms" were seen on video years before. Maybe someone out there remembers these stories and can put me straight!....maybe they were a hoax?

Would love to go.....despite the danger, would insist we had a proper team/ and training.
Does anyone on here know any tv documentry makers?? maybe we could point them in the right direction!

On the subject of kit I'd certainly pack my Maushaus Binoculars 8x32's and some night vision equipment.......and lots and lots of rope!
i wonder if there are any maps of the cave system in that area and has anyone ever attempted to survey them properly?

The Nazi's keep cropping up, don't they? I'm working on something to post here that involves them in other areas. There is a lot more going on with them than we have been told...a lot of the answers we seek on this site go directly back to them, but this story obviously predates them but it's likely they looked deeply (no pun intended) into this since it can't be by chance they choose this place and found it "Special"......Spooky and very interesting can't wait to see how this developes..keep it coming.
T.J.Newton

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerome Newton

The "worms" situation really sounds very interesting
. Please could you post a link or something

Looking forward to read everything you find about the Nazi thing. It's amazing how much info is out there. One even wrote a book about the tunnels. This is a study of a lifetime. Also read about this : The UFO's Of Nazi Germany Maby to out of topic LOL
Promise i won't link to Hitlers greenhouse

happy hunting

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
dwarves, elves, and gnomes....oh my!!

(actually just wanted to post in this topic. Can't offer anything else but to say, like many others, thanks for a fascinating read, Sky!!)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pazzzzz
Hi all, what a great topic.. i really love this one.. Ive done some searching on the web, and i think someone allready posted this but im not sure.. this is a book about the area: Sagen der Vorzeit, oder ausführliche Beschreibung von dem berühmten salzburgischen Untersberg oder Wunderberg" Autor Aeußer www.wfg-gk.de...

I will try and read it tonight! I have also asked friends of mine who live in bavaria for more information, locally, hope they will find something!!

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Pazzzzz]

When reading this stuff look out for the usual suspects of time-warps and "little people"...and let us know.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerome Newton

Welcome to ATS Jerome Newton. Interesting about the electric worms in caves. Never heard of it.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I've been following this thread since the first page and it is awesome! well done Skyfloating for an informative and flame free thread!

I might add that I am up for going to the area should anyone be thinking of an ATS field trip. I love Germany, speak a little (I learnt German of the Bavarian style too) and always wanted to go back since I moved back to the UK in 1991.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join