It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
this story sort of reminded me of that X-files episode where Mulder and Scully go to that mountain to look for ufos. I think it was named "Field trip"

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Many legends about mountain dwellers also occur in Norway, (another of Hitlers favourite countries) Now, we some interesting similarities to the Untersberg region here.

The pixies, (haugfolket), or the subterraneans, (de underjordiske), undoubtedly play the biggest role in Norwegian legend. They consist of a large group of supernatural beings (vetter). They have many names such as bergfolk - the mountain people, haugfolk - the hill people, underjordiske - those who live below ground, huldrefolk and tusser.
Legend has it that these people are the descendants of the children that Eve hid from God. When He discovered that they had been hidden, God proclaimed that what had once been hidden should remain hidden. Another legend tells that those who live underground were angels whom the Lord had expelled from paradise.

Whoa! Does that sound familiar….?

Those who live underground are usually considered as being of a lesser order than humankind, and they are envious of the people who are able to live out in the sunlight They are often smaller than humans, and they dress in blue or grey.

(my italics)

And here is another similarity:

Many legends relate how people were taken underground, some to remain there, others eventually returning to the real world again.

Source:

There are many examples the whole world over.

More, Sky, More.....! (not rushing you buddy,
)

H

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Havalon]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vehemens
My take on it:
I think these energy or electro magnetic fields mess with the pineal gland somehow. The pineal gland (3rd eye) releases '___', a psychedelic substance responsible for making us dream. Many people who take '___' see the infamous grey aliens and describe what seems like an abduction experience. Furthermore while on '___' time seems to stop. A minute looks like a lifetime but when the journey ends most people don't remember a single thing or forget everything minutes later.
Now, two of my uncles had some hallucinogenic experiences because of depressions. One was missing for 2 weeks. I'll tell you, it's scary, in his mind my father had died and my mother was talking to him by telepathy for the entire 2 weeks. Imagine his face when he saw my father alive in front of him and my mother telling him she doesn't even believe in telepathy crap. lol he couldn't believe it. he was so sure. The other one talked to an UFO who said to meet him in Azores islands.
Needless to say there was no UFO there... and both my uncles are over 40 and don't even believe in these things.
All these experiences are related to '___' and brain malfunctioning.

So, my take on "the mystery mountain" is that there is some kind of earth electromagnetic field that totally disrupts our brain neurotransmitters (remember, our brain is electrical). Probably some explorers trip so bad that they slip and die inside the caves. Others just leave and go wondering about God knows where until the brain short circuits again and they return to normal. They wont remember the lost time because that is the primary side effect of a heavy '___' experience.

I truly find this normal because I also had my share of Psychedelic Trance parties and I'm used to being around trippy hippies. I believe I saw everything already =)

Anyway, research a bit the pineal gland and '___'.

Excellent post. There very well could be a connection between Electro Magnetic Fields and the pineal Gland. Which could explain the reason they are building the LHC

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
continued from previous posts

8. More on the 1987 Time-Jump to Alexandria

Note: If some German ATS-member can help me find the original newspaper stories that were printed in pre-internet times, that would be great

As mentioned in the opening post there was an alleged time-jump of a one man and two women who dissappeared at the Untersberg and reappeared 3 months later near Alexandria. These stories appeared in normal newspapers as follows:

* In August of 1987 the newspapers carried a story of these three cave-explorers dissappearing. No mention of time-portals or paranormal phenomena. Newspaper headlines were in the lines of "Cave-Explorers Dissappeared - assumed dead after cave accident"

(These reports directly contradict later attempted "debunks" by pseudoskeptics, claiming that these people never dissappeared in the first place).

* In November of 1987 (3 months later), normal newspapers carried another story: The "missing people" had reappeared in Alexandria. These reports mentioned possibilities of mysterious phenomena, time-jumps and time-portals and reported amnesia by the group of three. According to some of these reports, they did not know how they got there.

* After returning to their home-city (Munich, about 130 miles from Untersberg) they suddenly changed their story, telling reporters that they hadnt time-travelled but that they had just left their white car standing at the parking place in Furstenbrunn (a village beside Untersberg) and then took a train to Salzburg (Austria) and from there to Villach (Austria) in order to go mountain hiking. The married couple and their friend then explained that they had "mistakingly" passed the austria-yugoslavia border (the third woman had supposedly left her passport in the car at untersberg). Afraid of yugoslavian authorities they decided not to return, but to continue their journey to the Red Sea and the Indian Ocean.

The most obvious indicator that this story is a lie is that it is virtually impossible to "accidentally" cross the border to yugoslavia. Fact is that the train from Salzburg to Villach doesnt even come close to the Yugoslavian border by hundreds of miles. And even if it had, there were at that time (1987) strict border controls before passing into the country. And how likely is it that someone would travel to the Red Sea (Israel, Egypt) without a passport?

The search team who had been looking for them in 1987 did find a checkered blouse near a place they had been. It is common for cave-explorers to leave a piece of clothing outside the cave, should they go missing.

However, this place was not a visible cave entrance but, according to legend, a cave-entrance that only opens on a certain public holidy (Himmelfahrt - Christs Ascension Day) - the 15th of August. The very day the group was at the Untersberg!

Unfortunately the group denied the blouse belonging to them. And conviniently, some other tourist called in at the newspapers, claiming it to be her blouse....albeit 3 months later.

Newspaper-sources omit the names of the group for their protection (since they deny everything and want to be left alone), however...old newspaper archives (1987) should still carry them.

So, we are supposed to believe that they "accidentally" travelled through half a dozen countries without a passport for 3 months.

It seems quite possible that they are either a) Keeping it secret for their own reasons or b) were forced to invent a cover-story.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Havalon

Excellent post. That sounds very familiar.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
What I also find interesting is how widespread the theme of humans being fooled by elves/dwarfs etc to eat their food is. Of course once they do timeslips occur. Irish Fairy lore also warns to never accept food from fairies as you may go missing for a hundred years.

Not to mention dwarf-tales always being connected to humans falling into some kind of long 100 to 200 year comatose sleep...

Anybody remember what happened in Snow White and the seven Dwarfs (I forget)?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by serpentine

Thanks a lot for this piece of Tibetan information. It is very relevant to my research. Ive never heard of the mountain and will look into it.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thanks Sky,
Here is another dude who fell into a long sleep after some food from 'strangers'

There are many legends about people who by chance encounter an immortal. An old Chinese story known as Ranka (Rotten Axe Handle), which made a deep impression on the Japanese mind, tells of a certain Wang Chih, a woodcutter:
Wang Chih was a hardy young fellow who used to venture deep into the mountains to find suitable wood for his axe.
One day he went farther than usual and became lost. He wandered about for a while and eventually came upon two strange old men who were playing go, their board resting on a rock between them.
Wang Chih was fascinated. He put down his axe and began to watch. One of the players gave him something like a date to chew on, so that he felt neither hunger nor thirst.
As he continued to watch he fell into a trance for what seemed like an hour or two.
When he awoke, however, the two old men were no longer there.
He found that his axe handle had rotted to dust and he had grown a long beard.
When he returned to his native village he discovered that his family had disappeared and that no one even remembered his name.

Its here:

Whoooooooo!

H

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NathanNewZealand
Hamelyn, it's in Germany. The Piper lead the children into a mountain. Vanishing forever. You've all heard it. It's not a made up story like The Lion King, look it up. It happened.

Very, very interesting addition. I've looked into the tale in depth (researching a concept album I recorded which was a take on the traditional Pied Piper story - incidentally putting a Shamanic/Spiritworld twist onto the legend). I became convinced that it must have some root in fact (as I believe all myths do).

There is a school of thought whereby:
Dwarves = Faeries = Elves = Gnomes = Greys etc

I.E. they are all the same beings viewed through different cultural eyes. Dwarves, Faeries, Elves and Gnomes are all of Northern and Western European culture but the rest of the world has their own names and legends for beings of a similar description. I believe Hitler was fascinated with these beings simply because they are an integral part of Germanic folklore and culture - and Germanic culture was of course what Hitler loved most.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
What an enthraling thread, I love this type of subject.

It's taken a while to catch up on this, but thanks Sky for this information! =)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I found a legend about King Karl and Odin's Mountain, there are interesting correlations betweeen some aspects of this story and the ones about Untersberg.

Have a look HERE

There are sources at the bottom of the story. Just above this story is the one about Untersberg, however, the Untersberg one only mentions Emperor Karls Beard and the end of time.

It is possible that the two legends have originated from the 'Sleeping Hero' original and possibly got mixed up over time.

Either way, I'm still fascinated by this.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I'm going to contribute a little to this thread. Since I'm Danish I am able to translate Norwegian, it's very close to Danish.

I am trying my best translating to English

I found some interesting reading on the Norwegian wikipedia, translated:

De underjordiske er vetter og åndevesener som ifølge nordisk folketro lever under jorda eller i naturen som usynlige skapninger ved siden av menneskene, ofte nær gårder og setre.

Translated:
Underground vetters (sometimes called hulde, huldrefolk, haugfolk, troll and tusser) and spirit beings who according to northern popular lore lives under the earth or in the nature as invisible beings besides the humans - often in proximity of farms or similar.

Hulder er i norsk folketro og sagn en kvinnelig vette eller underjordisk skapning som bor i haugene, men kan vise seg som ei vakker ungjente med kuhale. Hulder eller huldrefolk er også en av flere norske fellesbetegnelser på andre haugfolk og tusser som oppholder seg i naturen eller det hinsidige.

Ordet «hulder» er avledet av det gammelnorske verbet hylja, som betyr «å skjule». Norsk hulder tilsvarer også svensk vittra og skogsrå.

Translated:
Huldre's are in Norwegian popular lore a female underground being or just underground being living in and by heaps or caves. The huldre The Hulder's are sometimes also referred to as beings living in the nature or the divine.

The word «hulder» is an old verb that means "to be hiding".

Huldrefolkene opptrer som regel i en tilstand hvor de er usynlige for oss mennesker. Deres verden er som et speilbilde av vår egen, men deres okser og kyr fremstilles gjerne som større og flottere enn menneskenes husdyr. I blant heter det at vi deler alt med huldrefolkene, og at disse bruker setrene i vinterhalvåret, andre ganger beskrives de som underjordiske, som har sine gårder anlagt under menneskenes. Her kan det oppstå tvister ved at menneskene bygger fjøs over stua til huldrekallen slik at det renner kumøkk ned til dem. Uansett oppholder de seg i en verden som er parallell til vår egen.

Translated:
The Hulder's or Huldre-people are almost always invisible to humans. Their world is like a mirror image to our world (parallel world), but their livestock are imaged like being bigger and better than humans livestock. It is said that our world share everything with the Huldre-people. They live underground.

Akvarellen «Huldra forsvant» av den norske eventyrtegneren Theodor Kittelsen (1857-1914), viser huldra som lokker en ung mann ut på ei myr.

Translated:
The image (called Huldra disappered) shows a young man being lured into the fog by the Huldre-people.

---
Source: no.wikipedia.org...

I will be posting more if I find anything interesting

[edit on 26-8-2008 by DwaynetheSpecious]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

The most obvious indicator that this story is a lie is that it is virtually impossible to "accidentally" cross the border to yugoslavia. Fact is that the train from Salzburg to Villach doesnt even come close to the Yugoslavian border by hundreds of miles. And even if it had, there were at that time (1987) strict border controls before passing into the country. And how likely is it that someone would travel to the Red Sea (Israel, Egypt) without a passport?

Not so fast.

I don't believe their story at all (I do believe *something* out of the ordinary probably happened), but not because of the reasons mentioned above.

Villach is only a few dozen miles away from the then-Yugoslavian border. It lies in a valley, so if they were to go skiing, the closest ski resorts are in the Karawanken mountains, which are the boundary between Austria and (then) Yugoslavia.

maps.google.com...,13.846111&spn=0.1,0.1&t=k&q=46.614722,13.846111

The control on the northern border of then-Yugoslavia was much more lax than people unfamiliar with the area (i.e. from southern Germany, Austria, northern Italy, or the then-Yugoslavia) would imagine. That was especially true for passengers from the surrounding areas. I find it quite plausible that they would have been let through without as much as a wave of the hand.
(I have hiked those mountains twice and have seen it happen myself: the border control guy didn't even come out of the boot whenever he saw an Austrian vehicle; he just waved it through.)

And for those on foot, there was the very liberal "Three Borders" (Dreilaendereck / Tre confini / Tromeja), right there, near Arnoldstein.

www.tiscover.at...

I am not saying that's how it happened. And I don't know myself how they managed to get on the ship to Alexandria without any papers etc.

Interesting thread!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

Alright. But then, if border controls were so lax, why were they afraid to go back?

Hmmm....

To DwaynetheSpecious: Very, very interesting

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

You are asking ME?

I have no idea.
But maybe, this is just speculation, maybe they relied on the more general lack of familiarity with that particular border and thought it would sound like a good excuse (to anyone who wasn't familiar with the reality of that border control).
I really don't know...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Sky,
As you may know, Egypt can be a heck of a place to get into, if your ‘documentation’ is not up to scratch.
(I spent two days in ‘quarantine’ because my ‘jabs’ weren’t up-to-date!
my yellow fever inoculation was a day short of its pass by date!! pfft!)

I’m guessing that when they docked – without the correct documentation that they would have been put in the ‘system’ until an embassy official dropped by.

There is more to this case than meets the eye! i.e. reference their appearance on the boat and subsequent transfer to their embassy.

Telling an Egyptian official that you went down a hole in Germany and suddenly – poof! – you appeared on a boat bound for Alexandria is not going to cut it.

They must have had a very convincing story, (perhaps proof!) that the Egyptian authorities believed in, for them to contact their embassy/consulate and subsequently return home.

H

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to

Alright. But then, if border controls were so lax, why were they afraid to go back?

Indeed, my take is that someone or something got to them and made them change there story, the question is though.......Who?

[edit on 26-8-2008 by franspeakfree]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Havalon

Its true that Egypt doesnt mess around when it comes to documentation and passports.

I think the journalists handling this case were incredibly stupid to not request to see the entry-documents to egypt.

Its also a bit unlikely that anybody would leave their car standing at a public and non-protected parking place for three months.

If there´s any german out there who can access the original newspaper articles, please help

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Logic can also dictate that since these alleged being are able to manipulate peoples thoughts and decisions, than these missing folks may have been also traveling with these beings as well, if not possessed by them. It would be my suspicion that many such visiting species go out on some type of holiday adventure from their alleged bases and underground homes. It may have even been as if some assignment as well.

We currently hear similar stories of BEK or black eyed kids and aliens also trying to blend in with our society. This has been suggested in some Star Trek episodes, so, it shouldn't be hard to guess that this was similar.

Yeah, some of us watch science fiction, so, that can also mean that these visitors watch them as well.

We already have heard the stories of the watchers and the fallen etc. So, it shouldn't take much imagination to put these pieces together to form a collective theory.....even if that's all it is for now.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Ebay (DE) may be a good place to get such newspapers.
A cousin of mine had a copy for years. Not anymore. But I am sure there are other people who have saved them.

And yes, a car left for more than two or three days, *especially* in mountainous regions, would have attracted the attention of the police and the mountain rescue services.

Did any of the authorities involved - the German consulate, port authorities in Egypt etc. - ever say *anything* about this story?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join