It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diebold comes clean, admits voting machines are faulty

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I posted a thread somewhat similar to this:

www.abovetopsecret.com

The only reason I am posting to this link is because it has some info that I believe is pertinent to this thread. My thread was about how companies like Diebold were responsible for 80% of the vote counts.

Now, we have them admitting to "errors". So what does that mean for the 80% of the votes that could have been possibly made in "error"? Especially with an election that was so close such as the one that got Bush elected into his first term. Yeah, they blamed it on Florida, but in reality it had to do with ALL votes counted. That election was so close (and we all know Gore won the popular vote) that if those votes were counted correctly, he VERY LIKELY would have NEVER been president.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

nunya.....let's not forget how W got to where he is.....it was by one vote.

A 5 to 4 decision by the Supreme Court. One of the THREE branches of the cornerstone of this "American Experiment" meant to provide a 'Check and Balance'...the Judiciary had no business interferring in the election re-count in Florida.

Ironic, the Republcan Party, mostly in favor of 'tort reform' and the elimination of frivolous lawsuits certainly look the other way when it's about them.

And, I imagine a huge phalanx of right-wing attorneys will do whatever it takes to prevent any investigation or indictments of Diebold......

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if the voting machines work or not, with the two party system the elite win either way. Voting machines are just another distraction that makes people think they actually have a choice.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'm sure this will spur more of the uninformed slobs in this country to beat hteir drums like the retarded monkeys they are and scream durrrrr see, its incontrovertible proof GWB lost the election. um no, he still won, you just fell asleep in civics class.

Someone else mentioned it first, but I agree, the code for any such machine such as this should be open to public scrutiny in its entirety and able to be commented on, etc.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
The hilarious thing is that we have only two candidates, neither of them interesting or vote-worthy and then have an unreliable voting-system to top it all off. That would be sham x3

Sooo...does that mean that Ron Paul does not have a chance?

Don't get me wrong...I like the guy, but if the prez has already been determined(as per the Onion) then why do we have to sit through the primary's, and the race itself...

Flame on!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Genfinity

Diebold has yet to tally a Presidential vote correctly. 2008 will be no different.

I wonder if the machines declare Bush as the winner(again)?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by daddymax

daddy....that's pretty funny.

Ya know, you can always 'write-in' somebody....but not on a machine that is designed to only present the pre-programmed choices.

So Ron Paul has a (slim) chance, I suppose. shrub (Bush) as a sitting president, can still push the 'button'...the 'martial law' button....and then all heck will break loose.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I bet many don't realize that voting machines are bought with taxpayer money. Not only is this crook fixing elections or making them unreliable, but he is stealing tax money to fund his lavish lifestyle. I have met with these guys. Money is everything and good products don't exist. These guys are with the "good old boy" network. They are inept product developers, but really good at ripping off the county and federal governments.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
As another programmer, I find this explanation and press release both perfect and misleading.

It is a perfect excuse and umbrella, because every single programming language in existence consists of logic only. It is what programmers do, they create machines that use a logic that a programmer intends it to use.

So, whenever there is a mistake or an intentional error being placed, there is *always* a backdoor to say that it was a logic error.

It is misleading because, well, there should be no logic to drop or not to drop a vote away. My best guess is that such a bug, if it was a bug and not intentional logical fault, existed in network code that dropped badly formed packets away. It is a perfectly valid reason and also very common place to encounter a bug in. With intent however, it is not valid but there really is nothing you can do to prove it.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Ya know what guys, I was talking to my dad about this, he said "It doesn't matter as long as our guy wins.". I think my dad is part of the problem too, we have a lot of Masons in our family, I think my dad knows some things and I think I'm living under the same roof with a traitor to "We The People".

-Jimmy

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Nothing new here. Everyone has known that this is what has been happening. Don't be surprised if another company is used for the upcoming election and then the same speculations evolve. It will always be the same dribble. Bad faulty voting machines. No one ever seems to take the side of the Americans just being stupid and voting for the wrong guy. People alays find someone or something else to blame besides themselves. Can't wait to see the BS that comes out of this election. If there is one that is.

TINSTACT

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
So does this admit that the presidency could have been compromised? .. or are these new faulty machines more or less faulty than the possibly faulty machines from earlier?

It's quite obvious, computers/machines work much like our memory does a good smash with a baseball bat and information is lost, or through hypnosis and other more advanced methods one could hack the memory/mind much like a machine is hacked by those wishing to tip the ballot in a certain favor... if there isn't a paper trail or something tangible to view/review other than databases that can be easily tipped in favor of whoever just one person wants whereas a paper trail that is copied and has other safe-measures is less likely to be tainted as easily by one individual..

They've used technology against us, to use it against us further to distort the illusion of freedom we've been slowly shaking free from.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
If there was any real justice in this country people would be lining up in front of the Diebold headquarters with pitch forks and torches and screaming for blood.

But really, come one, we all knew the last two elections were nothing more than dog and pony shows, right? Didnt you feel down in your gut that when they began talking of uncounted votes, something seriously foul was afoot?

This just confims what a lot of people already knew and even more suspected, the game is rigged.

One last bit, this I imagine would leave Al Gore a wide window open to sue these bastards into the stone age.

[edit on 8/25/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
This is a cover story for the fact that they are likely covering up the fact that they are rigging the elections.

I would rather claim 'accident' then 'intent' because an accident wil be more readily excusable.

Liars...
Well said..now when will congress convene a grand jury and proffer charges? When that's done they can negate the election results which allowed Bush et Al to gain and retain the Whitehouse.
Treason Doth Never Prosper..For If It Prosper..None Dare Call It Treason

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

We had to find a way to knock out all of the left wing loons.
It's for your own good and you'll thank us for tricking you.
Have a nice day.

President McCain for 2008!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I hope your kidding you're kidding right?
I'm a little concerned about what my dad said though, sometimes it seems as if he has inside knowledge about this stuff.
He used to be a pastor, and it is a fact that a bunch of pastors go to these conferences on how to deal with people in case of martial law, so maybe my dad has stepped over to the dark side, I don't know.
I know that one pastor friend of mine was telling me that the government wanted him to go to one of those martial law training conferences and he said no way, that he'd never do it, maybe my dad has, maybe he's sucked in and because of our connection to the Masons (which he was invited to join btw), he has been told some things the rest of us don't know, he knew things were going to get real bad and my parents are stocking up on supplies and gearing up for what they call "really hard times", they aren't CTers, they're conservative country republican Christians.

-Jimmy

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I can't believe people would believe they were infallible machinery.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Is is just me?? I am getting the feeling the current administration it tieing up all the loose ends before the end of this neocon nighmare!

This vote fraud issue has always pissed me off to the extreme. This pathetic admission should not let these traitors escape the consequences for their actions!!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
here's an idea. even though I'm sure that it wont be 100% affective or still not all "trustworthy" but here it is:

Why don't we have a company make one machine that the people vote on, it tallies the votes but also prints out a paper trail. the voter takes his copy of the ballet and checks it over then feeds it into another machine that is made by a completely different company with no relations to the first and then at the end compare votes in both instances with count of voters that came in. like a double or triple check.

One company's monopoly on this is ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I read an article in the past few weeks how we (America) may be using more paper voting this time around than in recent past, due to there being so much concern about the integrity of electronic voting machines. Concern was coming from individuals as well as local units of government. (The HBO documentary on the Diebold voting machine probably raised a lot of awareness of the potential for manipulating vote tabulation.) This trend has to have dampened Diebold's business prospects to some degree. I strongly suspect Premier Election Solutions was motivated to disclose--with a bit of gratuitous spin--the scandalous errors in Diebold's software. They're scrambling to save their collective posteriors from bankruptsy, I imagine.

- Rionifics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join