It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diebold comes clean, admits voting machines are faulty

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cRiTiC

They can claim rights all they want. But they shouldn't be used unless they are open source. If we wouldn't use them for elections without them being open source, they wouldn't be able to keep the code secret.

The hardest part of the code would be with the hardware registering the votes. After that it's simple database work that any programmer could do. And due to the time between votes and a single database, it's not like you even have to worry about overwrites.

I have databases that take 10 or so entries per second 24 hours a day and I don't have troubles with data getting lost. These are transactions and I'd be promptly fired if they did.

I'm not really a fan of voting machines for counting. Atleast not without a paper trail that can be recounted.

And to the post about why would they 2 want to do this. The 2 sides all agree they should be the ones in control, and not the people. So they do agree in this area which is why they are 2 sides of the same coin. They leech freedom and tax dollars etc. But they do fight pretty hard about who gets to hold the reigns.

It's like 2 mobs. They fight between each other, and people get pinched from time to time. But they will always protect the game.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Oh please. C'mon now! Diebold has known about its hackability from from day one. They were aspired from the republicans for which we stand. Known intercourse of ruinous election process. Ya, I said intercourse.

[edit on 8/25/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
OHHHHH... If they do it again I am going to get APE on all of them!!!
This should be a capital offense!

Immediate trial and quick execution,,, I bet all of you we would never have a problem again!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

How do you react to this? With outrage, or with applauding the honesty?

www.engadget.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

First you cut up some confetti and throw lots of it in his rose bushes and then wet it so it can't be removed. Then you toilet paper all his trees bushes and anything else you have enough TP to cover. Then you put raw eggs on his windows on a hot day.

If only I were ten years old again I'd know how to react to jerks.

[edit on 8/25/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Don't forget the onions and the garlic. They provide a nice funk for the journey.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
hmm i think maybe some of u havent seen this documentary:
Hacking Democracy:

video.google.nl...

I can only recommend this video. It shows u how faulty and corrupt these machines really are.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The person who said they have been professionals at ATM Machines for decades has a point in saying that its very improbable they have glitches in their voting machines.

Maybe the point of the story is to prepare in defense for a possible disclosure of vote fraud.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Diebold is the biggest political joke since the Republican-Democratic single party split into two.

Diebold has yet to tally a Presidential vote correctly. 2008 will be no different.

We are supposed to believe the lie, not because it is true. We are supposed to believe it because it has been repeated over and over and over again. What's wrong with us disbelievers? We need to get with the program and start acting like good sheeple.

1. Diebold is reliable. Stop complaining.
2. McCain and Obama are the two best presidential candidates since JFK and Nixon (there is a joke in there somewhere).
3. Energy prices are not manipulated by speculators.
4. We are serious about the war on terror. That is why we are still at war with them. The Nazis were whimps compared to the terrorists.
5. There is nothing phisy about 911. Move along. Nothing to see here. WTC7 is no big deal. Stop thinking about it.
6. We are not going to blockade Iran. Or attack them.
7. WMDs are in Iraq. We just haven't been looking in the right places.
8. Tensions between the US and Russia are fine. The media is just blowing it up.
9. The US and Russia are not invasion happy. Stop comparing them to 1930s Germany. It's nothing like that at all.
10. You don't need to dig a hole in a mountain and stock up on food. Everything is fine. The food supply is fine. It's never been safer to eat. Your over reacting.

Yes Virginia, there IS a Santa Clause. So you better change your attitude about Santa or you'll be getting coal for Christmas.

Coal for Christmas?

That works for me!!!!

My point being that the Diebold machines are fine tools for efficient elections. Yes, sometimes they delete democratic votes and multiply republican votes but hey, no system is perfect.

You have a nice day.

All stupidity aside, this country is lost. More tomorrow then today. Sooner or later, the world is going to hold us responsible for what we didn't do.

Look on the bright side. If there is a nuclear holocaust, the roaches will survive. If we survive to, at least that's a food source.

Like my optimism?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I react as though I have KNOWN THIS FOR YEARS! It's amazing that they come clean and yet again try to deflect the severity of it. It's a joke.

And the guys name is perfect! It almost makes me wonder if this is a joke.

Mr. RIGGALL? Are you kidding me? Yeah, we've known the elections have been rigged for years.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This i find amazing...

This is the biggest issue there is and we have only 3 pages here... What's up with that?

You guys don't care about Diebold rigging your voting machines? Ha!,

If this would happen here in the NL, we would be on the streets, protecting our rights.

I am so gratefull that i don't live in America.. The Greatest (*cough*) country in the world.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
They then go on to describe it as a "logic error".

It seems to me that there should be no logic behind whether or not a vote should be transferred.

Exactly. I'm glad you pointed this out.

What he's saying is that for there to be a "logic error" there had to be a decision process as to whether or not your vote will be counted at all.

There should be no decision process. It should be transferred, period.

Clearly the addition of the ability to knock off votes through a logic process did exactly what it was programmed to do... knock off votes.

This wasn't an error... this was intentional.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yeah how can they lose information like that. I bet everyone who has ever transferred songs to a removable drive hasn't had that problem. I guess it's just coincedence eh.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This info may also be useful: 'May 7, 2008 -- Drug Pilot, VOTING MACHINE EXEC killed on CIA Plane' -- www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by counterterrorist

I had forgotton about that...that is very interesting indeed.

Is there any way to find out what is job description was?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
i would bet elections have been fixed for a long time well before 2000

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I think that is exactly right, i.e. the Ohio lawsuit. They are testing the water to see if they can submit that in a court of law and try to set some kind of precedent is what I'm guessing. It will be interesting to follow. Does anyone know when that specific case goes to trial?

Edit for PS - And thanks for the 'brilliant' comment MemoryShock. I'm doubly honored as you were the first person to befriend me on the day I signed up.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

How do you react to this? With outrage, or with applauding the honesty?

How about with guns? Honestly, the American populace, and the populace of the western world has been neutered. You guys think our founding fathers would have stood for all this crap? Anyone who thinks we can legislate, lobby, or protest our way out of this mess is severely deluding themselves. Unless we take our government back forcefully...all is truly lost.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Enuma Elish

Enuma, thank you for providing that link!! I mentioned this movie earlier on this thread, but didn't know how to link it.

I happen to think this should be required viewing for every American who is going to vote in two months.

It is stunning to realize the sleaze of the Right Wingnuts side that actually rigged a Presdential election 8 years ago....and likely again 4 yours ago.

And look at the mess that has resulted!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Is there any real reason to vote, then?

What the hell is the point in voting if it is just an empty action?

This has been my stance all along...although admittedly for a different reason. I have never felt as though the People are represented through voting as I have always felt as though the elections are undoubtedly rigged!
\ The ONE who buys it, gets it!!!

All of that aside, how will this information impact, if any, the factors involved with the last few elections, if looked into and found to be falacious? Also, could the "logic" error be traced back to the individual(s) who were instrumental in placing this "accidental" error?

I am not a computer programmer, but I am almost certain that every single program can be run back to the implementation of said program...I may be wrong though...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join