It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Occurrences in Indianapolis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I think that I might have seen something strange in Indianapolis at around 9:30pm last night. This is the first time I've been at my computer since then, so I haven't said anything until now. (I work overnight) I was wondering if anyone else saw something notable at around that same time. I don't really want to mention what it was unless someone else also saw it, because the more I think I bout it the less I'm sure it actually really even happened. I realize that this might seem a little strange or shady, especially since ATS is all about sharing experiences. The only thing I can say to anyone who questions my approach is that this is simply who I am. I will say in advance that I don't have any true belief in most claims of contact with aliens, which is why I haven't posted much, and I've have unfortunately neglected to share strange things I've seen before last night with other people, but there's a point at which the most indifferent man has to go out and find some answers. I apologize in advance if this annoys anyone, or ends up being a waste of someone's time.

So... did anyone see anything strange in or around Indianapolis at around 9:30 last night?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
You came across just right

I am assuming you saw something in the sky.

I just U2'd this to someone that lives in your area.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Was just wondering which side of Indy? Indiana has certainly had its share of strange activity
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I was in the northeastern part of Indy. 63rd street, to be exact, but I have no idea how close what I saw was.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Hi rick. I live in Greenwood (south of Indianapolis) and sorry to say, did not see anything unusual last night.

Not knowing what you saw I just wanted to I'd just point out a couple of things. I am not trying to debunk what you saw, but the skies were busy last night.

The Indianapolis Air Show is this weekend at Mt. Comfort. They were practicing all day yesterday and into the evening. There was also some sort of hot air "Balloon a Thon" last night.

2008 Balloon-a-thon Schedule:

Friday, August 22, 2008

7:30 PM Fly In
9:00 PM Balloon Glow

source

Also, high school football started last night, so the media helicopters were all out over the games which most were wrapping up around 9:30.

Anyway, like I said, I'm not debunking what you saw since you've given no description, however, I thought that it was important to point out several things that were going on about the same time of your sighting. Feel free to u2u me if you have any furthur info that you would like to discuss.

Rush

[edit on 23-8-2008 by hsur2112]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hey Rick..

Can you be more specific? I actually live on College not far from 63rd street in Broad Ripple. I am curious what you saw? I have seen a couple weird things in the last week but am curious what you are talking about.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Rick I live in the Warren township area of Indy and there was a lot of activity in the skies last night. I think they are having an airshow this weekend out at Mt. Comfort airport. There were a lot of planes flying in last night (rather low I might add), that may have been what you were seeing.

It sounds like you were in the Lawrence area last night. Was what you saw S/E of your location?

[edit on 23-8-2008 by MrMaze]

[edit on 23-8-2008 by MrMaze]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I suppose any of those things could have been involved. I guess this is hopefully a harmless enough thing to go ahead and say what I saw. What I saw was a solid orange light, probably around twice as large as the largest looking star I could see. I initially thought it was probably Venus, or something. I honestly can't actually remember what exactly Venus looks like, normally, but that was the first thing that came to mind. I didn't think much about it at first, but I thought that it seemed to be moving, possibly downward. Immediately after I realized that it seemed to be slowly moving, there were three rapid blue/white flashes, maybe a little less than half a second apart. A tree had just obstructed my view of the orange light, but I could not find it in the sky again after I passed the tree. I think this could have been many things that are easily explained, but I have decided that if I'm going to take the time to pay attention to things around me, the least I could do is investigate more than one explanation. I decided almost immediately that the flashes could have been lightning, but I was slightly concerned that at the time the sky was relatively clear, as I had been looking at stars the whole way to work. I was also slightly turned away from that idea because in the next half hour I didn't see any lightning. An explanation that I came up with pretty quickly for the disappearance of the orange light was that I lost sight of it, forgot exactly where it was in the sky and a patch of cloud obscured it from view for the rest of my 30 minute drive to work. This explanation would be saying that it was in fact Venus and that it wasn't actually moving. I'm more than willing to believe that I saw nothing and that I'm just on edge this month. I can't remember who posted awhile back about the occurrence of strange lights this month that would go mostly unnoticed, but i couldn't ever really get it out of my mind. I believe it may have been over a year ago now, and I believe the guy was also urging people to go into hiding soon to prepare for 2012. I don't believe most of the things said about 2012, but this really got at me. I suppose what I mean to say is that I believe that I saw nothing special but I am worried about the possibility that I'm wrong. Sorry for rambling so much, but this is the only place I can really talk about things like this.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rickjamesia

Hi rick, and thanks for posting a description of your sighting. This is what ATS is all about, so I'm glad that you posted. And us ATS-ers love details, the more details the better. What

I've put up a map of the area surrounding the Mt. Comfort Airport where the air show is located. It's off of 56th, so if you were looking to the south I would guess that it was activity from the airstrip.

With that said, as BlackProjects pointed out, Indiana has been a hotbed of activity for quite some time now, so keep looking up and keep watching those skies. Don't hesitate to post your sightings with as many details as possible.

Rush

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
There was also some sort of hot air "Balloon a Thon" last night.

So then, was this a case of American lanterns?

ar ar ar

I just HAD to !!!

Misfit

top topics

join