It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

everyone should stop worring about 2012 and worry about sept 10th 2008

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
heres the kicker some how the test is delayed 1 day and they decide to do the next day 911 sept 11. and it causes a huge explosion and is blamed on terrorists.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by truthseekerpeacemaker]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Or if they wait until January 2nd, when back in 1808 the U.S. Congress bans the importation of slaves, instead they reinstate it today.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
this thing is also hooked up the the web, grid whos to say once its turned on it become like skynet a decides our fate in an instant and decides to launch all the nuclear weapons.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
if you want to really be scared... just match up the charts of the Dow or S&P with 2001 timeframe.... pretty damn close... too close for comfort...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
abstrusegoose.com...

Science: If you ain't pissin' people off, you ain't doin' it right.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekerpeacemaker
this thing is also hooked up the the web, grid whos to say once its turned on it become like skynet a decides our fate in an instant and decides to launch all the nuclear weapons.

Haha.. Do you actually believe what you wrote? If so.. Stop watching movies..
They are hurting your fragile mind. Skynet... LMAO.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Why would I worry about something I can't control? I don't get it.

If it is the end of the world, then what is to worry about? We are all going to die someday, thats a fact of life. I figure I have about as much chance of being hit by a car than dieing to that thing.

Same thing with 2012. What happens happens, if anything. Why should I worry?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Exactly. God if only I could get paid everytime someone says the world is going to end......Skynet? Sean Connery will come to our aid. If the world ends tomorrow then so be it. If the world ends in 2012 well then its been a good ride and heres to everything. Lets go out with some beers and big explosion

[edit on 24-8-2008 by nastalgik]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

heres the kicker some how the test is delayed 1 day and they decide to do the next day 911 sept 11. and it causes a huge explosion and is blamed on terrorists.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by truthseekerpeacemaker]

Now thats a very intresting quote: "Heres the kicker some how the test is delayed 1 day and they decide to do it the next day, 911 sept 11. and it causes a huge explosion and is blamed on terrorists"

Ive been doing my fair share of resarch into the LHC ...and im fasinated

Heres another great quote " 50 odd percent of the worlds siencetist' admited the the atom bomb could maybe distroy earth"

It was still used.

It sounds fantasically plausible (the above quote), what with all this talk of worm holes,warping time, creating a nano second after the big bang.

Heres a kicker for you............what if a worm hole opens? would it be like opening a can of worms?

[edit on 24-9-1969 y N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

[edit on 24-8-2008 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
most have you have heard of the butterfly effect right? well this is what could happen to the universe when this thing is turned on.

We should asking where are all the important people gonna be on this day??
probably far away.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Ok, you must be trolling. Seriously, this has to be the wackiest theory for CERN ending the world ever. I'm sure it's got some nice computers, yes, but nothing of particular note. You may as well suspect every high school computer lab of becoming self-aware and ending the world. It's a particle accelerator. It accelerates particles. Why on earth would it's computers be at any more risk of becoming a vengeful omnipresent AI than the computers at a factory, or any other lab, or a starbucks?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mdiinican
Ok, you must be trolling. Seriously, this has to be the wackiest theory for CERN ending the world ever. I'm sure it's got some nice computers, yes, but nothing of particular note. You may as well suspect every high school computer lab of becoming self-aware and ending the world. It's a particle accelerator. It accelerates particles. Why on earth would it's computers be at any more risk of becoming a vengeful omnipresent AI than the computers at a factory, or any other lab, or a starbucks?

Because this is a particle accelerator we are talking about.
Surely when it becomes sentient and vengeful it will create a resonance cascade, after which it opens a rift and sends in the Antlions & Vortigaunts to slaughter us all.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The large Hardon won't hurt, we will get used to it, it's not going to Screw us all okay? It's just bigger than the ones that came before it and it's really not all about size anyway.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   

We might not even make it to 2012 once they turn on the LHC cern particle collider.

Its already been turned on or they already test fired it on a small scale and nothing happened, full power will be 4 years from now in the latter of 2012 but I personally think nothing will happen.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
really not all about size anyway.

Where have I heard that before?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
itz just a test. they will just send a photon round at 7TeV.
the actual collision is sceduled for 21 October 2008.
so thatz the issue..
worst still
21/10/2008=>2+1+10+2+8=23!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
why on earth would any one do this when there is so much happening now we cant xplain or stop wot are they trying to do speed up the end leave it alone we are not ment to meddle with nature at least they are not with out all our permission we live here

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
If you are right, OP, and there is a quick "twinge" and we all disappear into a black hole....what?

What would you suggest?

It's now September 9th, here in Chicagoland. Should I panic? Should I run to Sam's Club and stock up on butter crackers and bottled water? What, oh what can we do before this galaxy-changing event wipes us all out (or just assumes control of the internet...like...(sigh) SkyNet)

What, oh sage one, do we do?

C'mon.

Cuhail

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
If they are trying to recreate the big bang (or nanoseconds after it), why wont it create a universe like the original one did?

And wasn't the original big bang considerably bigger than the size of the machine, which is 32km, or was it a tiny explosion?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ben420

And the truth prevails!!!!!

Pure genious of a post, I agree totally. The LHC will only benefit mankind, and like ben here said, even if we do whipe ourselves out, its probably better for the rest of the universe that our muffed up issues dont continue to spread.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join