It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give Me ONE Reason Why This MONSTER Isn't Executed Today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Joseph Edward Duncan III. He stalked an innocent family and killed 4 of the 5 members of said family. He is a repeat offender. He killed the childrens family. He kidnapped the children, videotaping while he raped and tortured the children. Am I supposed to be sympathetic, or empathetic for this 'thing'? Give me ONE reason why this repeat offender should not be sentenced to death immediately. Why was he allowed back on the street after the first offences? Why does he deserve to be allowed to live? Does anyone actually believe this monster deserves anything at all?
I am a God fearing man, but I would be the first to say that he deserves nothing more than death. Cruel and unusual punishment? Cut me a break. I'll die to defend anyone who needs it. I will also be the first to do what needs to be done to stop a monster.

Source

Duncan kidnapped the boy, Dylan Groene, and his sister, Shasta, in May 2005 after murdering their older brother, their mother and her fiance in the Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, area. The two young children were taken deep into the Lolo National Forest, where they endured weeks of horrendous abuse at Duncan's hands.

Duncan ultimately shot the boy point-blank in the head while his sister, then 8, watched. He was arrested after returning to Coeur d'Alene, where a waitress recognized Shasta as the two ate at a Denny's restaurant.

The videos and photos taken at the cabin show Duncan forcing the boy to perform a sex act, whipping him with a belt and hanging him with a wire noose until the boy passed out.

"The devil is here, boy, the devil himself. The demon couldn't do what the devil sent him to do so the devil came himself," Duncan yells in one video. "The devil likes to watch children suffer and cry."

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
He should never be allowed to walk the streets again, but as for the death sentence, if he is insane maybe he should just be in full mental care for the rest of his life.

If he is not completely insane then there is no reason he shouldn't get the death sentence.

Insanity can occasionally be helped, Have you ever read "The Jigsaw Man" or it's sequal "Picking Up The Pieces"?

A brilliant psychologist who deals with these sorts of head cases gets to the bottom of their problems, He's that good police use him to analyse crime scenes.

If you have any interest I recommend looking up these books.
Or Google Paul Britton.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I remember this story when it was breaking news that they had found Shasta.

I like to believe that there is a special kind of hell for those that abuse children.
That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see him tortured in every single way that he did to Dylan by a huge 350 pound guy named Bubba.
The death penalty is far to much of an easy out for this guy.
I see years of solitary confinement, followed by a real good bashing after being put into general population. Even cons don't take kindly to child rapists.
I hope the lethal injection takes a long painful time to kill him.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Wasn't this guy writing about losing his mind on his blog right before this? Then the day he stopped writing he went off to committ the crimes?

He sounded rather nuts if I recall.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Cause decades of torture would be more befitting and just punnishment for this sicko?

I think the death penalty is too good for this wack job. Perhaps an oubliette is more fitting to this monster.

[edit on 8/22/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
"Mental care" for these evil people is a joke!
'Understanding' what was done to these 'poor' victim, pedophiles to make them evil is what (some) psychiatrists do, while they make $$$.

Many people were abused in awful ways and they don't take it out on children!
Evil.
I didn't know about the part of him calling himself a 'devil'!
If we don't execute this kind of psycho, there is little hope for justice!

Duncan has a long history as a violent [[sexual predator]], and was clinically diagnosed with [[antisocial personality disorder]] in 1980, while in prison for [[rape|raping]] a younger boy at gunpoint.

He had ALREADY been in psychiatric care for a LONG time!

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Am I the only one here who doesn't believe in the saying 'an eye for an eye'?
Surely we don't have the right to punish another human being.
Nature will punish him enough.
Don't think that he'll get away with this.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PeaceUk

No, you're not.

A fitting punishment would be to turn him over to the scientists.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I have to disagree here, our judicial system basically coddles criminals and makes criminals even better criminals. As the case is here.

In cases like this one, what needs to be done instead of incarceration is to actually torture and punish the criminal. Giving him death is no punishment, what would he care if he died? How will he know the pain and suffering he brought upon his innocent victims if he is dead? We can believe that God will punish him, but thats belief. I say let him know while he is alive the pain and suffering he brought to others.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Sure...

Super-Left-Wing-Progressive-Liberals...

... Now, what would thier reasoning be...

Something along the lines of, "Its not HIS fault he did this, Society drove him to do this, HE is a victum..."

Take one second to look at this guy... Just a second...
Look into his eyes...

Thats not a pretty sight...
Those eyes harbour evil...

The sick part is, i see people with those eyes all the time where i live...

Those sick, twisted, eyes...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
In the words of Sean Connery "The whole world has gone faerie"

The only way to ensure that this monster will never harm anyone again is to kill him. Don't waste any tax money on incarceration, treatment, psychiatric evaluation or any of that nonsense. Firing squad, volunteer shooters, in public to send a message that this kind of snip will not be tolerated. That's how it should be done in my opinion.

All this bleeding heart, save the poor criminals, rehabilitate the psychos movement has gone on too long, and look where it has gotten us. A world that punishes the victims more than the perpetrators. I say once you have been convicted of a crime like rape, murder, molestation or any other severe crime that seriously harm another individual you have lost your chance and you need to go. Quick, simple, efficient.

[edit on 8/23/2008 by Kronik98]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
He's getting the death penalty.
Breaking news thread

"We're happy with the verdict, but it's a shame — this should have been limited to one death," said Steven Groene, the father of the children. "He should have had the courage and the guts to kill himself before killing anyone else."

Duncan showed no reaction other than smiling as the verdict was passed to the judge.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Very good news!

I hope that they get rid of him swiftly. He needs to start his internship in the depths of Hell as soon as possible.

[edit on 8/28/2008 by PORCUPINEPIE]

top topics

join