It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security Clearances Info!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by weedwhacker

having a Top Secret would not give anyone access to classified security clearances as there would have to be a need to know.

Need to Know is the number one most important thing to think about, even if you have these clearances it doesn't mean you have access to all information. As I explained in an earlier post about a building with many rooms, and only having access to a few of those doors.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I am absolutly floored by how many people post on here that they have some sort of clearance. What idiots!

You shouldn't be doing that. It is important NOT to do that!!!! If you are being honest then you know you are briefed annually (by a certain group - if you are on the level give me the three leter acronym for the group) to specifically not mention that you have a clearance even at just the Secret level because that, in and of it self, opens you up to be in a compromising position.

There are people who look for those types that would boast about having a clearance for the sole purpose of putting them in a position of blackmale or befriending them to spill secrets. I just don't know what you people are thinking, but I can assure you, you ARE violating your security oath!

Here's another little test, since I don't believe anyone with a real clearance would post it on here. (this is with the exception of an army guy who has a basic comsec clearance) Anyway, here is the test:
Describe for me how to manipulate a combination lock on a secured room in a defense facility. What does it look like? How does one put in the combination?
For those that don't know....they don't look or work anything like a conventional combination lock. That's all I'm going to say.

I'm just interested in if the OP is full of crap. If he isn't, then he really hasn't read his security briefs or didn't take them seriously.

edited to add the following:
Here's one more test: What color piece of paper do they print the combination for said lock on, when they give it to you?

[edit on 22-8-2008 by JonInMichigan]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JonInMichigan

Jon,
Only my immediate supervisor had access to the safe, but, I was still able to use the information. Not all security clearances are supervisory even if the super and I have the same GS catagory He still has more responsibility than I did. I couldn't open the safe even if I wanted to. I wasn't allowed into the office,LOL!!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Thanks for the response but I was hoping the OP would respond. The one with all his big claims. I don't want to comment on the validity of your response until I see his reply. I do have a comment though.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Clearances dont have anything to do with job position or status, only with Access to information, systems, or buildings. Clearances come about for many different needs, and have Caviets added for specific reasoning.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision
This thread amounts to nothing more than an ego boost for you and waste of time for everyone reading it. No thanks.

You forgot to mention that he gets points out of this too, which I am sure he can't wait to save up to get into RATS.

Crap, I just gave him a few more.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonInMichigan

I'm just interested in if the OP is full of crap. If he isn't, then he really hasn't read his security briefs or didn't take them seriously.

Its not against reg's to say you have a clearance, I've had plenty of briefs and they never say not to, its just a recommendation, to ward people from being subject to being targeted. But one im not worried about that, this is a website, not a grocery store, or a bar, And only ignorant people would give out more information then they should.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
In addition I would like to say to everyone to stop questioning me and keep on Subject, I didn't create this thread for that, I created it to talk about clearances and how in-depth things can get in Conspiracy situations and UFO/Alien cover-ups.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ziegenbagel

Notice he didn't answer any of my questions.

BTW, I actually believe Zindo. There are many people who access classified rooms who cannot open the doors or safes but are simply given the information they need. Good job, 100% correct! The OP, however, is not impressing me by not even answering the simple question of what group is responsible for clearances. You WOULD know that, no matter how you access the information.

But since you act like you are the expert on these things... it would be nice to see you at least tell me how many numbers there are on a safe or room that holds classified information. If you don't know that then you are certainly full of beans. (Which is good to know.... because otherwise that group, which is still nameless, would not be happy with your posting on here!)

Jon

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The OP, however, is not impressing me by not even answering the simple question of what group is responsible for clearances. You WOULD know that, no matter how you access the information.

But since you act like you are the expert on these things... it would be nice to see you at least tell me how many numbers there are on a safe or room that holds classified information.

Sorry, didn't see the question at hand, the ArmyCCF is one agency that takes care of clearances. In regards to the other question, I cant answer that, thats something way to specific that someone would be stupid to answer. Dont ask questions that you know shouldn't be answered.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
[edit on 22-8-2008 by EngineerGuY27]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziegenbagel
In addition I would like to say to everyone to stop questioning me and keep on Subject, I didn't create this thread for that, I created it to talk about clearances and how in-depth things can get in Conspiracy situations and UFO/Alien cover-ups.

oooooooooo..... get a little touchy when you feet are held to the fire.

Look, we can talk about the things you just mentioned without you pretending to be some "secret squirrel" "in the know" and all that BS.

Why do you want to raise yourself to that lofty position? To feel extra important? To act like you know something that we don't?

These are topics that, regardless of what real clearance a person might have, are compartmentalized such that even most of our lawmakers in Congress don't know the truth.

[snip]

If you have any sort of clearance at all... if even a Private in the miliarty with comsec clearance to use the radios, you would know the 3 letter acronym for the people who give out clearances. I'll give you a hint... it's not: CIA, FBI, or NSA.

Good luck with your sham!

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The OP, however, is not impressing me by not even answering the simple question of what group is responsible for clearances. You WOULD know that, no matter how you access the information.

But since you act like you are the expert on these things... it would be nice to see you at least tell me how many numbers there are on a safe or room that holds classified information.

Sorry, didn't see the question at hand, the ArmyCCF is one agency that takes care of clearances. In regards to the other question, I cant answer that, thats something way to specific that someone would be stupid to answer. Dont ask questions that you know shouldn't be answered.

Ok... you answered while I was typing the last one. Yes, that is the army organization. I was actually looking for DSS: Defense Security Services
but that's clear. You're just an army dude who has basic knowledge about these things. Those are most typically the people on here who boast about their clearances. They need those to run radios or see battle plans [yawn].... if you wanted to see what was behind "door number 2" though, you would talk to the DSS.

And yes... if you answered any question I asked beyond the first one it would have been stupid. I did give you one you could have answered though. "What color piece of paper?" Yeah... well even someone with a reasonable amount of common sense would know that they don't GIVE you anything. You need to stand there and memorize it. They don't even speak it out loud. One just watches. That would give away nothing to answer.

Whatever. This whole thread is irrelevant anyway. I don't even know what the point of it is.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I just said, pay attention Jon, its the CCF. And I dont want anything, thats not why I brought up having a clearance. I am also far from a 16 year old kid, you want more info, Im an Army Intelligence Analyst, MOS 35F, previously 96B. Just because I deny saying some stuff doesn't mean Im not "in the know" It means im not stupid and not disclosing information I cant disclose. In addition I didnt say I have a clearance for anything, someone asked so I mentioned it, nothing else...but I really don't care what you think, but if you dont want to talk about the subject at hand and criticize me then just stop, thanks!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
As far as military goes, MOS's (job's) require certain clearances. coming from the Army here, it's not difficult to figure what job requires which clearance level. The only time it gets tricky is when your dealing with special assignments. My job when I was in the Army (14t) requires a secret sec clearance. I don't understand why as every aspect of my job and all equipment therein is available on the web.
Most TS/SCI clearances (which is the common TS) are only required due to a piece of equipment, and usually nothing glamorous.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Whatever. This whole thread is irrelevant anyway. I don't even know what the point of it is.

If you don't understand it then stop posting insignificant information thats off topic.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ogre14t
As far as military goes, MOS's (job's) require certain clearances. coming from the Army here, it's not difficult to figure what job requires which clearance level. The only time it gets tricky is when your dealing with special assignments. My job when I was in the Army (14t) requires a secret sec clearance. I don't understand why as every aspect of my job and all equipment therein is available on the web.
Most TS/SCI clearances (which is the common TS) are only required due to a piece of equipment, and usually nothing glamorous.

Your exactly correct, alot of information isn't glamorous or anything big, I never said it was, actually I even said that it isn't already, so please read everything before repeating old information. But thank you, thats absolutly correct, thats part of the reason for the thread is that just because you have a clearance doesnt mean you are always "in the know" Thank You!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Ok. You last remark is valid and the point is taken.

I guess I just get tired of reading thread after thread of people who sound and act like they know it all because the have some sort of low level army clearance that they give out like hotcakes.

Meanwhile, I have to dance around the topic altogether for obvious reasons.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Ok.... let me stay on topic since I now see that you weren't trying to lord your status over other people. (you can't help yourself anyway - it's an army thing... I'm a scientist who works with tons of retired and active high-ranking military. )

Many wonder what it takes to work and be a part of these cover-ups. Many say that you need a Security Clearance higher then Top Secret, in

Ok.... well it's been discussed many times on ATS that there is no clearance above top secret.... there is just compartmentalization.

So what does it take to work for these things.... simple: You must have what they need.

Remember in Close Encounters? They needed a Cartographer, so they snagged a cartographger.

Remember in Stargate? They needed someone who could decode the symbols on the gate and they snapped up Daniel Jackson.

There is no hard fast rule. They will call you. You don't call them.

And don't say that is just fiction, that's how it really works.

Some people I work with are physicist, engineers, mathameticians, etc. But sometimes we just need a unix admin to take care of the computers. This person must be cleared to the highest degree to take care of the computers even if he doesn't know what information is on them. (Hot swap drives)

So the simple answer to the question posted is: whatever they need that day. There is no way to work up to it, you just need to be available when they have a need. The big question is: How would you like to have that information but not be able to tell a soul. Now that would suck ass!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

First off thank you!

I know what you mean, they call you , you dont call them. sometimes wish id get the call though.
I know it would totally suck to not ever get to talk about it, but id probably do like some have done and let it go on my death bed, I mean what do I have to lose then!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join