It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security Clearances Info!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
If you had a Military post anywhere near where you lived in the 60's and 70's the CID had operatives in every bar and restaurant listening for mouthy fools trying to impress someone with what they knew. They still do it today. Differant designations but still the same job!

Zindo

And yes they bring that up in training, but this isn't some town bar, and im not stupid, i would never disclose information that shouldn't be disclosed as I am VERY VERY VERY cautious about this. and even if you dont think so many of the clearance caviets you listed were in deed ones that should never be disclosed, and cant be listed online, unless you have access to SIPR.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
There is a good amount of information on Clearances on Wikipedia here:

en.wikipedia.org...

One part I would like to point out is follow:

"A representative lists of kinds of information that may require compartmented access, without using specific national terminology, includes:

* Cryptography
* Overhead reconnaissance from aircraft, UAVs, or satellites IMINT
* Communications intelligence, a subset of SIGINT
* Design or stockpile information about nuclear weapons
* Nuclear targeting
"

These are many of the additions (caviets) that were listed earlier, and as is stated they dont list the actual Caviets, just give a general idea of what they include.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziegenbagel

No, actually I first was discussing that its not classified to say you have a clearance, the next one was in response to the Gentleman that listed many clearance types, that are more specific, and detailed in a way which unlike him I would never disclose, because they give a more specific idea of what you actually do.

Understood. However, he did a simple Google search to un-earth the clearance information, and somehow, according to you, he is breaking Federal Laws. You expect me to believe your story when you have done so little research of your own? Not even a google search? It would seem unlikely that you would have any clearance at all. Either share some good info. or please stop wasting our time?

Lemme guess, you're here to boast of your security clearance so you can deny people when they prod you for info. This thread amounts to nothing more than an ego boost for you and waste of time for everyone reading it. No thanks.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

Actually, I started this post to show an idea of what it takes to try to be on the inside of a conspiracy/cover up, hence the whole business of this site. And I did do a "simple" Google Search, which I just posted, the only thing I could find was a Wikipedia definition that doesn't state any of the specific details listed.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Good Lord!

Talking about the list of security clearances is NOT breaking ANY law!!!
You can talk and list the names all you want.

What you can NOT do is talk about your job under those clearances.

Anyone with a real clearance knows this

Oh, btw. If you did an ATS board search, you would have found NUMEROUS threads on this topic.

Here is one specifically about clearances

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ATSers are on the ball in regards to many subjects

[edit on 8/22/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ziegenbagel

Your post is suspect because it has all the ingredients of a troll:: Alarmist thread title with use of exclamation points, little if no verifiable information, "trust me, I know" statements, backpedaling when prodded for info, want me to keep going?

I noticed your last thread was titled Possible Ubduction Experience. You expect me to believe you have any security clearance worth having when you can't even spell the word 'abduction'? Enlighten me. Please.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
99% of all classified information would bore the pants off people. They tend to think of plans for jets and fun stuff like that, but the majority of it is very dull information and numbers. As some would say, nothing to see here, move along, move along.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The problem here is you want me to prove it, Sorry I cant, I don't care if you believe I have a clearance or not, thats not the point, and thats not why I created this thread, so if im wasting your time, stop paying attention. Oh, and just because I make a misspelling doesn't mean a thing. Spelling doesn't keep you from a clearance, Finances and past legal activity are the number one thing that can keep you from a clearance, but they still give them out. The Army is giving out Secret Clearances like candy now, every new Private is set up with a NACLC investigation, certain MOS's have profiles requiring clearances, suck as intel, needing an SSBI investigation for TS. This thread isnt for your questioning me, its for questioning what were told to believe as people, what the government and the news media tell us to believe everyday! Oh, and maybe I just like using Exclamation points, sorry.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Thats very correct, much of the information you read is boring as hell, and just relates to military operations and nothing conceivably interesting.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The Army is giving out Secret Clearances like candy now.

Thats enough for me. All I needed to hear. I'm gone....

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
If you had a Military post anywhere near where you lived in the 60's and 70's the CID had operatives in every bar and restaurant listening for mouthy fools trying to impress someone with what they knew. They still do it today. Differant designations but still the same job!

Zindo

And yes they bring that up in training, but this isn't some town bar, and im not stupid, i would never disclose information that shouldn't be disclosed as I am VERY VERY VERY cautious about this. and even if you dont think so many of the clearance caviets you listed were in deed ones that should never be disclosed, and cant be listed online, unless you have access to SIPR.

What I was refering to is Flash's post. Also it was just a bit of "Memory Lane" of what it was like when I first became aware of the responsibility of what I knew. It was not a poke at you. Someone else is doing just fine without me,LOL!!!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ziegenbagel

I believe you have a clearance. I understand what you are trying to state.
Try spell checker to help you out. It is a lifesaver for me as I sometimes type too fast. It helps your post when you spell and use the proper grammar. I know it shouldn't matter, but to some it does.
Thank you for posting this topic.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Well, sorry for the miss understanding, im just trying to get people back on the subject at hand and why I created this thread in the first place. Thank you for your interest.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Thanks Flash, I'll try doing that, as I type fast too, and can sometimes not be the best speller in the world too. All Ive been trying to do is live up to this sites motto, "Deny Ignorance", and to try and get back on subject. I may be a new member, but I understand the whole Conspiracy/Cover-up deal as growing up I have been a conspiracy theorist myself. I have always questioned what is true and what is just a deterante from the truth.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I sometimes wonder how competent the intelligence agencies were when the Walker family was getting away with selling secrets for years. Many other such cases come to mind, too.
I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that stuff any more!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

I sometimes wonder how competent the intelligence agencies were when the Walker family was getting away with selling secrets for years.

Well, our Intel Agencies have proved reliable, all I have to say is "9/11". I can also remember a intelligence agent for the DIA who was caught for selling secrets to Cuba. And she was a highly decorated Analyst too.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Someone in the military proper has more info on the big picture. Where as civilians usualy have just they're own compartmental ability to know whats going on. I used to work for the Naval Research lab outside D.C. It was amazing just how much security can be lax and over looked on the large ideas but the small stuff is watched like hawks. I don't miss it either. I do like being a consultant on certain things. Keeps me 'in the loop' so to speak!!
Zindo

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Hey, Zindo....I didn't see 'Majestic' or 'Majic' or 'MK ULTRA' on your list.

Or, are those alleged codes that relate to extraterrestrials just a bunch of baloney? Or, maybe SO secret that they dare not be mentioned?

Frankly, I don't see the need for all of this 'secrecy' anyway. It's (edit here) NOT like we're fighting Nazi Germany anymore......

[edit on 8/22/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Frankly, I don't see the need for all of this 'secrecy' anyway. It's (edit here) NOT like we're fighting Nazi Germany anymore......

[edit on 8/22/0808 by weedwhacker]

Well, Nazi Germany may have been bad, but Terrorism is considered much worse, if terrorist get there hands on the information we hold it could lead to further attacks on American Civilians.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

There may be actual clearances that are classified Confidential or Restricted Data. I know there were all kinds of Top Secret in SAC alone. As I posted earlier, having a Top Secret would not give anyone access to classified security clearances as there would have to be a need to know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join