It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security Clearances Info!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmojo
reply to post by ziegenbagel

...just goes to show ya that they will give a clearance to just about any idiot out there.

(oh..didn't mean you OP...meant me. lol)

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Alienmojo]

I know what you mean, The Army just give's out Secrets now, They even give them out to New Privates, even Infantry man that dont need it, but the TS's they dont just give out. But when it comes to facilities such as Area 51, those people are hand picks, guards being ex-sspecial forces and Delta forces.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziegenbagel

Well, Nazi Germany may have been bad, but Terrorism is considered much worse, if terrorist get there hands on the information we hold it could lead to further attacks on American Civilians.

Are you serious?? Terrorism is much worse than Nazi Germany?? 35 million people were killed in WW2.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I hated working on x-07 locks they had a bad reputation for breaking even though they were proved for TS storage by NSA. Now we use x-09 locks but i'm sure they are higher then that. Now I work in a place that used to be a nuclear fallout shelter, and has considerable amount of security. By the way its not on the base located where I am, but it is run by the Air Force.

-Aza

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Yes im serious, if you go through the entire history of Terrorism im Positive the numbers are much higher then that, but in truth the death toll isnt all that makes something terrible. I mean the war on Terror has been called WWIII, or the Never Ending War, and I believe that, because no matter how much we try to fight Terror there will always be some sadistic person that wants to blow something up and kill Innocent people.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Just some trivial background info....

They use opaque curtains to block off specific areas at the hangars
in Area 51, PHantom Works, Skunkworks so that manufacturing crews
from different projects don't intrude upon another during building of
individual projects such as planes, UAV's, etc.

Worker badges are also colour coded
and many times have a shape associated with that colour such as
square, triangle, octagon, diamond, etc. to indicate BOTH
the area allowed for access AND the function of the worker
(i.e. Assembly, Avionics Install, Coatings, Project Lead, etc.)
On SAP aircraft the teams are small of about 10 to 15 workers
are assigned a specific aircraft to complete.

THe guards are usually in the access hallway to check badges
or are sometimes placed OUTSIDE of the curtains and almost
NEVER see the craft being built unless there is an incident
IN the hangar where a badged worker strays into a
manufacturing area NOT of their badge code

IN the 80's/90's the individual teams would get to see almost
everything about the craft being built because it was entirely
built in places like Palmdale (skunkworks) but nowadays
entire airframes (or parts thereof) come in pre-assembled
from places like St. Louis, Austin, Utah, etc. and are put together
like lego blocks and the only thing that gets assembled
at phantomworks, skunkworks, etc. is the
installation of the engines and avionics which are now just
black boxes that get attached via simple connectors to
glass panels (small flatscreen video monitors) in the cockpit.

THe assembly process has been "Dumbed Down" and you
never get to see the good parts anymore because
everything is all pre-built. It's the pilots and UAV controllers
who have all the fun and who get to "Play in the Sandbox"

SAP (or special access Programs) in USAF projects are almost ALWAYS
UAV craft or higher end "Special Performance Flight Envelope" projects
designed for initial prototyping and testing. Once the initial team
has been setup, only the team members assigned (about 10 people
max) get to have access to the project offices.

THis tiger team is usually the initial design teams that uses a CAD/CAM
system to prototype a craft on a computer and then send the design
to a 3D printer or CNC machine for initial prototype which is then tested
for conformance to design specs. Once the design is set in stone
it gets farmed out an initial assembly area usually in Utah,
A-51 or sometimes even at a outside-of-the-lower-48
special flight testing area in Alaska, the U.K., Puerto Rico, Australia or Hawaii,
once the first craft is assembled, engine testing starts,
avionics tested, radar cross-section tests, coatings durability tests
and final test pilot cockpit familiarity sessions take places.

Then flight testing begins and that can take 2 to 4 years
(but is getting shorter) and designs have been tweaked
and re-tested only then is final assembly is farmed out
to the large hangars at Phantomworks, Northrup and Skunkworks

The craft then goes operational and given an operational codename
patches are made up and flight/maintenance squadrons assembled
and then sent to bases in Arizona, Utah, Texas, etc.

The plane stays secret for between 5 to 15 years until it's effectiveness
is superseded by newer technology and then goes Whiteworld
unveiled to the public near it's designed life span
and the process starts all over again...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

35 million deaths? It was roughly twice that...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The only problem i see with all these security levels and people saying what they have and what the other are is that even if you think you have the highest attainable you dont have a "need to know" about anything above you

so realy there is no way of telling what ALL the levels of clearence are and the ones we do know about we tend to find out about after someone gets to old to play the game
whats to say that changes when some of the these higher officals reappear in the public domain and speak about that level

for anyone that attains any level within the "secret" community i say congratulations because to get anywhere and given any information you have to work pretty hard ( well in most cases )

i dont agree with all the levels of security we have by any means but i understand it to a degree
Although i do think sometimes the establishment itself has lost sight of why they need so many levels and also lost sight of who actualy is in these positions

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
When it comes down to it, it doesn't matter what clearance you have, if your not on the inside you will never know! Ive just been watching a Documentary and I already knew that J Edger Hoover the Head of the FBI during the Roswell incident made an inquiry to let the FBI test the craft and materials, without any luck. In addition President's Carter and Clinton both made inquiries as well. Carter having a sighting experience himself, and Clinton asking is chief aid to find out 2 things for him, Who killed JFK and do UFO exist. President Carter also had a campaign promise that he would reveal all information regarding to UFO's. So not even some of the people in the highest levels of government can get access to this information. So, the way I see it, the UFO cover-up isn't in fact a government cover-up, its a secret society dedicated to keeping the secret safe, having and recruiting many key players in government and military.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
For me, this begs the question:

Who are the people (in the here and now) who have an unprecedented amount of security clearance who get to see the "Big Picture(s)"? Those individuals who really do have the need to know, who can put all the pieces together in order to make crucial and strategic decisions, what sort of picture(s) do all these secrets paint?

It would appear that the bulk of the information seems somewhat mundane (especially to a civilian like me). However, many of these Top Secret documents that would first appear boring on the surface might raise some eyebrows when all put together.

How many of the smallest pieces of the puzzle form clusters of mind blowing facts which are then connected to yet more over-the-top facts formed from yet other puzzles? What emerges from these huge "Chinese box-like" units of staggering facts and information we could not begin to dream of?

Have there been verified cases of "all the pieces being put together" from the past? If so, how would that apply (if at all) to how classified information is compartmentalized today? What can we surmise based on mere whispers of TS/Classified information found here at ATS of a larger picture? What's plausible and what's not?

The level of fascination (IMHO) is off-the-charts!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
When it comes to the question of UFO's, the French have then best report ever published, it has been tried to be published by several journalist in the US, with there Supervisors just laughing in there faces. But when it comes to clearances and getting the information needed so everyone is "in the know", Congress has been working on a project that would relieve many with clearances of there duties of secrecy to better research UFO activity. Because when it comes down to it, the Military and many high ups are the ones with the know how, many of which are ready and willing to let what they know out, they are just waiting for amunities from there duties of having a clearances and being able to share this information, which Congress has been trying to give them for investigations like that of UFO's.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I don't know why you're going on about ULTRA and MAGIC, those haven't been used for a long long time (See en.wikipedia.org... and en.wikipedia.org...(cryptography) ).

You can learn just about anything having to do with government safes from a few simple web searches. There's no huge classified secret about what safes are GSA approved, or who makes them. All of the locks shown in the movie Breach are quite accurate, except for this little gem which made me laugh when I saw it:

"Typical government safes containing classified information have the combination lock on the top drawer (not the second drawer down). Moreover, that combo lock, when unlocked, unlocks the top drawer AND all of the drawers below it. Thus, in one of the initial scenes of the movie, it is absurd to show a security safe with some drawers marked "OPEN" and others marked "CLOSED." The standard procedure is to open the safe, then place the "OPEN" sign on the top drawer. Anyone entering the office understands that that means the entire four or five drawers in that safe are NOT secured." (www.imdb.com...)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JonInMichigan

Three-position dial-type combination lock was the norm, unless spec has changed recently?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join