It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so much hatred against China?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by haidian whatever you say china is still more favorable in the eyes of the world...

NO. That is simply not true. While people fear the current regime in the US for being the war pigs that they are, the rest of the world recognises that it is within the capabilities of the American people to consign the neo-cons to the dust heap of history. I had the interesting pleasure of watching day two of the Democratic convention on TV last night, and watched as the party leaders condemned the present govenment for lying to haul the people into a false war, for bungling the economy and destroying the middle class while enriching it's members and cronies.

With all due respect, this would simply not be allowed in China. The whole stadium would have been arrested for treason. I would suggest that you watch this process yourself...if, in fact, it is allowed to get past the censors of the Central Committee. This fact is apparent to the rest of the world...and I'm sure they hold their breaths waiting for a more reasoned government to be elected in the US...as is permitted even if their constitution is being shredded.

china now is the fastest growing economy in the world,the people give this government the credit for that.how come so many so called democratic countries can not develop this fast?because this system works
well at least in china.

That is because workers are being paid peanuts...if, in fact, they are paid at all. As I said, the basis for capitalism as practised by Henry Ford, and pretty well adopted by the manufacturing community, was that a worker ought to be paid enough to be able to afford the product...thus building in a market along with the goods. Ok, that doesn't work for a bridge truss...but it works for a car. Also, workers here are permitted to unionize, demand health and safety considerations, move around as they see fit. When you remove all these things...sure you can put out a cheaper product. But is is at the expense of the American market, and the sooner proper tariffs are enacted, the better off the west will be. It is the globalist middlemen that are raking in the difference. The Chinese workers are mere pawns to be exploited.

You call a five thousand year history and culture shallow,uh,ok,whatevery you want,when talking about world civilization,china always has a important place in the whole human history.in my home city beijing alone,there are 6 world heritage listed sites.but it is ok,cause what you said mean nothing in the world's opinion.

You live in a brutal dicatatorship with very limited personal freedoms. I think that's the pertinent fact here. I don't want to get all nasty here, and I'm sure that you really aren't allowed to put forth anything resembling a critique of your own government. But let's get real when you tell me how superior the Chinese system is to the US. Like the man said..."Don't pee in my face and tell me it's raining out!"

All in my humble opinion, of course.

...and please allow me the following self-edit to include a couple of very important points. First, that I am directing my negative comments towards the Chinese government, and any proposal that it is of a more enlightened nature than that of the United States. Second, I acknowledge that in terms of culture and history, we in the west are as a footnote, compared to the legacy of the Chinese people. Yes, 500 years as opposed to 5000. But we are not a homogeneous society, and all those who join us bring their own legacies. Finally...by no means am I directing any negativity towards the Chinese people, and I removed a remark that could be construed as such.

All anybody wants is to live happily ever after.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
in most global polls china is more favored than the states,that is the fact.it means american system maybe good in your country,but not in every other country and people around the world are sick and tired of that hard sell.those polls done by the people ,not the governments,so they show the true feelings of the people around the world.

china is moving towards to be more and more open and democractic,but in our way ,it china adopts american system completely right now at this moment,that would be a disaster,like what happen in former soviet union,it is a terrible lesson to learn.we know ourselves much better than foreigners.the country develop so fast,living standard being improving every year along with the stable social enviornment....,those are the things we need most now.to improve our economy and people's living standard, peace and stability.not the endless political fighting among different parties from which dragged a lot of countries economy down the drain.

chinese people of cause dont make as much money as westerners,but improved a lot,in beijing cities many people's income now is very close to average westerners.10 years ago,the difference was unbridgebly huge.has been narrowed so so so fast in recently years.now you can see a lot of westerners come to china to work and live a very good life here,10 years ago,that was impossible.people in many so call democratic countris averagely make less money than chinese workers.how come they can not develop this fast,and chinese workers before made much much less money
than they do now,but now we even have a faster development rate.the reason is the system works well in china now.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by haidian

China's big mistake has been in trying to become America in the first place.

You had something and you are throwing it to the wind, like you threw the diversity of your ancient culture to the wind under Mao. Leaving only enough for a costume parade which demonstrates your diversity. Other than that, Oneness is demanded.

If China had leadership rather than controllers at the top, it would have skipped the Oil based economy and developed more slowly but pollutionless and energy independant. You could have prized health and harmony in keeping with your traditional values.

China will be destroyed by this policy of greed above life values. The one thing the industrial world could have benefited most from China is your wonderfully close social structures and interactions. Such a pity to see it sacrificed for the annonimity, and alienation of western industrial human ranching. Like so many chickens in an industrial farm.

Once you mobilize a society it falls apart at a human level. Where were your great thinkers? Didn't anyone consider alternatives?

China has been tolerable to the Chinese because despite the strict requirements for adherance, there has been a very close social bond.
What fresh hell will you find yourselves in when the bonds are broken, and all that remains is regimentation and alienation?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
china has been a successful civilization for thousands of years and we encoutered many many troubles and difficulities during the several thousand years chinese history,and we could always emerge vitoriously.cause the social cohesion is so strong there is nothing can possibly break it.that is the truth for thousands of years being proven again and again.

we have so diverse the culture in china,people dont speak same language,not like the states,anywhere you go you can understand each other,but chinese dialects are totally unintelligible.people eat different kinds of food,different tradition and customs...there are just so much difference if you travel to different part of china.

chinese economy no matter how you try to smirch it ,it is still very enviable by many nations and spoken highly of by many economists and politicians,we are pretty happy about it.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with China.Aside from Human rights issues with Chinas leaders, i really like the Chinese people.Very resourceful,industrious and friendly.Modern China also hasnt broken its word and neither has North Korea either.Trust can build from that.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by haidian

It is a pity you do not comprehend the impending threat. All of that will be gone in 3 generations. Hold on to what you can!

When your government ships people in to displace and aculturate populations it serves to continually errode the differences. Media overwrites all. Mobility fragments at the level of the individual and the immediate family.

Already your culture is fighting not to be erroded by the outside world by firewalling out certain influences.

Do you think we Americans fell off the back of a turnip truck? We came from cultures. Many ancient ones. How much do you see left in us?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   

All of that will be gone in 3 generations.

uh,what a prophet,we will wait and see,china has endured 5 thousand years,it wont hurt to wait for another 3 generation's time.and one more thing is culture doesnt mean stagnant,today's western culture is way way different from greek and roman time.human society develops so does the cultures.cultures and traditions need to adjust even change according the development of the society,not the other way around.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justice11 Modern China also hasnt broken its word and neither has North Korea either.Trust can build from that.

Well, unless you count all of those improvements that China was going to adopt to score the Beijing Olympics...like free protest zones and uncensored communications and internet for western journalists. Oh...and that young gymnast that suddenly scored a fake passport to support her 'official' age. You know, we have a notion of honour as well, and we know when we're being lied to.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
that passport was issued 5 years ago,not suddenly.and given the global opinions about us are this bottom low,i think it is us should think more about improving their international image.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by haidian
that passport was issued 5 years ago,not suddenly.and given the global opinions about us are this bottom low,i think it is us should think more about improving their international image.

If I'm wrong about the passport...my apologies. As to the US improving their image, yes, they could certainly use an overhaul. Same as Canada.

We'll make a collective attempt to vote the current governments out of office, and see if we can't all win back some fans.

And of course China can't change overnight. Your comment about Russia is bang on. Still...we can't confuse nice talk with actions.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
A thought – because of what the American government has done with Iraq, the world despises America and what it now stands for. It’s not the American people but the American government the world hates. In the exact same way, because of what the Chinese government has done with Tibet, the world despises China and what it stands for. It’s not the Chinese people but the Chinese government the world hates.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Of course many of the criticism are always valid, but that is dependent from which angle you look at it. My problem with "criticism" is not so much about the criticism itself, it is more about criticism without any construction, it is merely destructive in nature. We need constructive criticism and not merely some plain out yell out that this is bad or that is wrong, which are mainly based on your own standards and values. So please do keep on providing constructive criticism after efforts are done on understanding and listening first.

Come, now.. You can't think that we only offer criticism of China. Look around and you'll find plenty of criticism of the US. We don't have the concept of "face" here and if the emperor truly has no clothes, we'll tell him to his face. That, my friend, is American culture. Respect and peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join