It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report Puts 9/11 Conspiracy Theory to Rest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
You wanna know something about history and planes hitting buildings?

Remember when the Empire State Building got hit by a big plane in the 30s? The fires raged for hours and hours.

Oh man, I really miss the Empire State Building. Oh wait... it didn't collapse. It's perfectly fine. Man... we've gotta stop outsourcing and making our modern skyscrapers in Malaysia.

EDIT to add a point contradicting people who say that "engineers had never previously considered jet fuel as a factor when designing skyscrapers to withstand plane impacts".

No, because when you're really a smart engineer and you've got teams of smart engineers designing a tall building with the possibility of jet impacts in mind... none of those smart and highly skilled engineers ever considered that A JET MIGHT HAVE FUEL IN IT!??!?!?! I guess God can throw airplanes from port to port with his mighty will power.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I swear I feel like I am going back in time yet again:

Here are multiple images of MASSIVE FIRES (3RD POST from the top)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pro-genetic
Thanks for the update but if only you could see my face...the care on it is amazing.

Starred, and flagged....the other thread.

The other thread seems to be taking off quite well.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 4x4fun

You cant be serious? Thermal Expansion? A brand spankin' new twist on physics? Come on, "they" must really think we are retarded if they expect us to believe that, right, right??

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 4x4fun

I can't help but ask both you and the OP the same question at this time - why are you on this site at all ? Not that I buy into all the conspiracy theories here (or all those associated with 9-11) but I at least like to keep an open mind. Not to mention this is a CONSPIRACY based website !

I'm starting to think that instead of "Deny Ignorance" ATS’s motto should be "Deny close-mindedness”.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Remember when the Empire State Building got hit by a big plane in the 30s? The fires raged for hours and hours.

Oh man, I really miss the Empire State Building. Oh wait... it didn't collapse. It's perfectly fine. Man... we've gotta stop outsourcing and making our modern skyscrapers in Malaysia.

EDIT to add a point contradicting people who say that "engineers had never previously considered jet fuel as a factor when designing skyscrapers to withstand plane impacts".

No, because when you're really a smart engineer and you've got teams of smart engineers designing a tall building with the possibility of jet impacts in mind... none of those smart and highly skilled engineers ever considered that A JET MIGHT HAVE FUEL IN IT!??!?!?! I guess God can throw airplanes from port to port with his mighty will power.

Uh - might consider doing some research before making dumb statements
like this

Empire State Building was struck in 1945 by B25. Plane that hit building
weighed 1/15 that of jet airliner (20,000 lbs vs over 300,000) speed
was 1/3 that of airliner (est ~200 mph vs 500 +) impact forces are 1/100
that of WTC.

Fuel loads - B25 max fuel load is 2,000 gal, 767 had nearly 10,000 gal
B25 carrying only light fuel load. Fire burned out before FDNY reached
the impact zone. Also in 1945 there were no synthetic materials -
carpets, ceiling tiles, cubicle dividers, etc to feed fires. Synthetic
materials burn with 50 -100 % more heat energy that organics (wood,
paper, cloth) - 12,000/16,000 btu/lb

By the time they reached the 79th floor, the only people left were those who had already perished in the fiery crash. Despite its initial intensity, the fire largely exhausted itself within 35 minutes and left only charred, smoldering ruins by the time rescuers arrived. The men were soon joined by New York's Mayor La Guardia who, in spite of his rather plump physique, had also climbed all 79 stories. Those present commented on the mayor's flaring temper as he shook his fists and muttered, "I told the Army not to fly over the city!"

The death toll might also have been much higher had the B-25 been carrying a bomb load and more fuel since a heavier plane would have done considerably more structural damage. As it was, the bomber was about to land and near its minimum weight.

We will go into greater detail documenting the collapse of the World Trade Center in a future article, but a number of factors explain why the Empire State Building suffered relatively minor damage while the twin towers were catastrophically destroyed. First, the energy of impact sustained by the buildings differed by orders of magnitude. The B-25 that struck the Empire State Building weighed approximately 21,500 lb (9,760 kg) and was traveling around 200 mph (320 km/h). The kinetic energy it created in the collision was about 30 million ft-lb (40 million Joules).

The twin towers of the World Trade Center, by comparison, were struck by Boeing 767 airliners traveling over twice as fast and weighing nearly 15 times as much as a B-25. The energy of impact for the two planes ranged from 2 billion ft-lb (2.6 billion Joules) to 3 billion ft-lb (4.1 billion Joules), some 60 to 100 times greater than that absorbed by the Empire State Building. This estimate is also conservative since it does not account for the energy released by the exploding jet fuel, which greatly exceeded the energy released by the much smaller B-25 fuel supply as well. The greater kinetic energy allowed the 767 aircraft to penetrate much further into the twin towers than the B-25 was able to do at the Empire State Building. Most of the B-25 impact was absorbed by the building's exterior wall leaving very little to damage the interior structure. The 767 impacts, however, not only produced gaping holes in the WTC exterior but also destroyed much of the structural core at the center of each tower.

Even so, the impact alone does not fully explain what doomed the World Trade Center towers. A fatal contributing factor was the fires ignited by the exploding fuel tanks. A 767 has a maximum fuel capacity 35 times greater than that of a B-25D. The aircraft that struck the Empire State Building was nearly out of fuel when it crashed while each 767 still carried approximately half of its maximum fuel load at impact. The Empire State Building fire exhausted its supply of fuel rapidly while that at the World Trade Center ignited the office contents across several floors and burned much longer. The type of fuel carried may also be a significant factor. The B-25 burned avgas, a high-octane version of gasoline still used aboard piston engine aircraft today. The 767 instead uses Jet-A, a derivative of kerosene that fuels all commercial jetliners. Jet fuel tends to reach higher temperatures than gasoline causing the fires in the WTC to burn more intensely than that in the Empire State Building.

Read entire article here -

www.aerospaceweb.org...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pro-genetic

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by Pro-genetic

I believe these nice folk have been talking bout this for a while. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for the update but if only you could see my face...the care on it is amazing.

You should care. The rules apply to you as well. You can continue the discussion in the existing thread here.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join