It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's "lost" Brother Found In Kenya!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I agree with you wholeheartedly.

However, most of Obamas supporters are the far left leaning liberal types who believe in a government where everyone is provided for. They want Universal health care, baby bonds, etc., etc… So how would that look on Obama to his base that he won’t help his own brother? I mean this is the guy they want to “save” the country and provide for everyone.

Just a thought....

[edit on 20-8-2008 by nyk537]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I can not stand Obama...at all....

However, I wouldn't hold this against him ever...unless there is something proven that Obama is at fault over.

I myself have some relatives that I would never EVER help out...even if they were on their last dying leg. But, I have very valid reasons for it.

Obama is not responsible for his ADULT brother's life. The brother is responsible for his life.

I do not share your vehemence of Obama but I do admire your objectivity. Too many people are too quick to jump to conclusions.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Nikolas

I totally agree!!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
I agree with you wholeheartedly.

However, most of Obamas supporters are the far left leaning liberal types who believe in a government where everyone is provided for. They want Universal health care, baby bonds, etc., etc… So how would that look on Obama to his base that he won’t help his own brother? I mean this is the guy they want to “save” the country and provide for everyone.

Just a thought....

[edit on 20-8-2008 by nyk537]

Impressive that you have talked to "most" of Obama's supporters. Very impressive! Very impressive also is the implication that you make that a majority of half of the United States are far left leaning liberal types!

People aren't as cut and dry as that and the sooner some of you realize that the better. Myself, I am socially liberal and fiscally conservative with a pretty strong streak of libertarianism. I believe people ought to be able to own a gun if they want but I also don't want to see beggars on the street with their naked children walking up to me with a tin cup.

Obama is not ideal. The closest to ideal for me would be Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich as co-presidents.

For the sake of America's future cut the partisian BS. The country is sick of it.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
All family dynamics are complicated at best.

Mr. Cheney can attest to that .

I myself have a half sister whom I've met on only two or three occasions before I was 12.

Mr. Obama has mentioned his half brother in his autobiography, so there was never an attempt to be secretive.

We must be VERY careful walking down this path. Delving into people's family life to vet them is important for any elected official, but only to a degree. In this case, since no deception was ever exercised, we must respect that there are historic family dynamics to which we are not privy. These involve multiple family members, over great distances, and over a great period of time.

This is a path imo, which if pursued, will open the door to a new low in sensationalism, and will set a dangerous precedent which, in the long term, will help neither party nor our ability to have qualified officials.

As if politics are not dirty enough already, we will have to look forward to:
Your brother in law "this", his nephew "that".
That's not good for anyone.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

He makes no mention of his step-brothers mother in his book though. Which if my count is right, would be wife #4 for his father.

Not to say any of this has any relevance on Obama himself or the type of person that he is, but it is still something people look at.

I don't believe a question about his brother would be out of line though.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Obama bill: $845 billion
more for global poverty

www.worldnetdaily.com...

I believe he visited and then wrote about this brother in his book,

Maybe he could help himself!!!!!!!!

[edit on 033131p://bWednesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

He makes no mention of his step-brothers mother in his book though. Which if my count is right, would be wife #4 for his father.

Not to say any of this has any relevance on Obama himself or the type of person that he is, but it is still something people look at.

I don't believe a question about his brother would be out of line though.

Wow, so much for treading lightly down this path.

When was the last time, any presidential candidate was ever taken to task about how many marriages his father had? Let me ask you this, do you consider how many marriages your friends' fathers' had before you agree to befriend them? So it's not something people look at, it's something YOU and those who have already made up their minds on who they want for potus look at and point out to further their horse.

You say that he makes no mention of other family members. My father wrote an autobiography, which I'm happy to U2U you the Amazon link, which makes no mention of me. We are as close as close can be, why? For reasons that neither I or Obama have to defend to you.

Just say what you want to say and own it.

This transparent way of character assassination, saying "I'm just pointing out facts" followed by "I'm not saying it has any relevance, but other people might" is disingenuous and typical of what's being going on ATS.

Vanity Fair Italy at least is honest about it's agenda, they want to sell more magazines.
Do the same and tell the people what you are selling, your agenda.
Nothing wrong with it as long as you're honest, and not "I'm just a facts guy".
Or did you think we lack the ability to see your "profile", please.

[edit on 8/20/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

In this case you are wrong, because I personally don't believe this type of thing should be held against Obama. So before you accuse me of things like that, take a step back and think. It only makes you look like a fool for jumping to conclusions about my character.

And the fact is that some people will take things like this and try to use them against Obama. Whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

I, however, am not one of those people.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

You are no doubt correct that "some" people such as Dubyakadub, do care about things like this.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by nyk537

You are no doubt correct that "some" people such as Dubyakadub, do care about things like this.

Darn the mods are fast, wonder what he said.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

My point exactly.

This is ATS though, our motto is to deny ignorance.

In order to do that, we must look at everything whether we agree with it or not. As part of my pledge to honor that motto, I brought this story to light.

Nothing more, nothing less. I know you and I do not agree on everything politically, but surely we can agree on that.

BTW, I hope I didn't sound to pissy in that last post.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hey, it's not fair......Obama found his lost brother in Kenya, but I lost 500 Points for saying something about this topic, and I just cannot find points, maybe this topic is a jinx for me......better keep out of Obama Politiks.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

nyk, you're ok by me for whatever that's worth. I disagree with you politically though not as much as you might think. I take exception in general to threads which i believe are distracting us from the legitimate issues which face this country. However you no doubt have the right to post them as i have the right to disagree. It's exactly as it should be.
You were snippy I was snooty, it's all good.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I would like to hear an offical explanation on this matter. I cant beleive im saying this, I usually ignore the offical explanations.

Is there one?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikolas
nyk537:

If there are no legal requirnments then don't say it.

Being the President for the United States of America is just a job, like any other. Work life; personal life.
Barack's relation status with his famly falls under personal life, therefor is none of the publics business.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Nikolas]

That is absolutely wrong. The president is the embodiment of the U.S. constitution and takes an oath of office. Those under oath of elected office are to be accessible to the people. Some work days, others work nights. Accessible to all.

So at 3am, when the phone rings, Obama is supposed to ignore the call as it's not his scheduled work time? I disagree 100%.

Obama represents a party that touts social justice, eradication of poverty/unemployment, peer assisted prosperity as well as free health care as its central idealogies.

It's either:
A) His brother likes his life that way and there's a real reason why he's ashamed.

B) His brother needs help in even one of the common concerns of the average liberal party and isn't getting it from his own brother who says we are ALL brothers and sisters.

If a) then I have to ask how can this man be happier without Barrack in his life since he's such an uplifting individual at least when looking for votes.
He must be B) in need of help if Barrack is all that and a bag of chips.

All I can say is I don't look forward to being treated like his brother if we are all brothers and sisters. I do question why the shame! Even if Obama only works a 8 hour day as President, we have a right to know his background as is expected of a job applicant. It just seems that no one really knows who the hell the man is.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Atlantican]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Wait a second, his brother is living in poverty?

Well here is another Obama hypocrisy.

How can anyone believe what he says if he just very recently said this.

OBAMA: I think America’s greatest moral failure in my lifetime has been that we still don’t abide by that basic precept in Matthew that whatever you do for the least of my brothers, you do for me, and that notion of — that basic principle applies to poverty.

I guess he doesn't put his money where is mouth is.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Alxandro]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Let's not jump to conclusion. You make a good point but it may be too soon to be making those kind of points without knowing both sides of the story.

I know this lady who is very rich. However, when you look at her, her house, and the way she lives you would think that she was the poorest woman in the world.

Things aren't always what they seem.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Wow, people caring about this crap like this.

We truly get the government we deserve.

I/we bitch every day and night about how useless our elected officials are in running our country. We need look no further than this thread for the explanation.

If it wasn't for the tragic cost of tens of thousands people dying including our soldiers, thousands of families losing their homes, and a dozen other calamities, it would be funny.

You wanna be a patriot? A good starting point is honoring your country and it's political process by not treating elections like we're on TMZ.

Please, by all means keep talking about this. If we get lucky the next president might just be able say "nuclear."

Unreal.

[edit on 8/20/2008 by schrodingers dog]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join