It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Ghost Hunters real?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Drools, I second that...

One thing I LIKE about that show is the fact that they don't lose their cool.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I think it's as real as any other reality type show. One thing I do like about Ghost Hunters is they don't fake themselves, as far as I know, to be some great paranormal people or anything. They also are upfront to their clients and bluntly say they might not find anything etc. I just watch it sometimes for pure entertainment and nothing more or less.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by teflon_superhero
I'm one to believe things are fake, but Ghost Hunters seems to be more 'real' than most paranormal shows out there.

Example: Most Haunted *shudders*

Again, they do tend to debunk it or try to debunk it. And I know I've gotten frustrated when about 5 or so episodes in a row, there's no evidence in any case presented.

Now, the promotional spots for the next episode...definitely fake. I'm so sick and tired of hearing "The greatest discovery YET!" only for it to be a bat flying out and scaring the pants off of grown men.

I used to like "Most Haunted" but now I have the same reaction lol. LOL I know what you mean about promos. It's the same thing with reality shows.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I used to enjoy watching this show, and believed a lot of what they found but let certain things like the "K2" meter stay open to interpretation. And the ever-constant BS of being "heroes" going to help families really annoyed me.

But, I did see a bit of the recent live show on Halloween, and the actions of Grant faking having his jacket pulled was over the top and too much for me.

I know a bit about psychology and body language, and everything about his response was "performed".
It was so blatantly faked that it made me cringe, it wasn't even convincing. It was just embarrassing and extremely disappointing.

For that single act, they destroyed any credibility for any of their previous shows. It left a lot of good "evidence" suddenly in doubt. Some of footage they'd captured really did make me wonder before, but since this I automatically have to assume that it was all faked.

I like watching Most Haunted too. I prefer their style of not taking things too seriously, not thinking they're "Heroes".
That's entertainment for me. And I think that's how it should be. People can't trust what they see via a third party, you have to experience things for yourself.

But for a giggle Most Haunted is as good as Paranormal TV gets IMO.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I used to enjoy watching this show, and believed a lot of what they found but let certain things like the "K2" meter stay open to interpretation. And the ever-constant BS of being "heroes" going to help families really annoyed me.

But, I did see a bit of the recent live show on Halloween, and the actions of Grant faking having his jacket pulled was over the top and too much for me.

I know a bit about psychology and body language, and everything about his response was "performed".
It was so blatantly faked that it made me cringe, it wasn't even convincing. It was just embarrassing and extremely disappointing.

For that single act, they destroyed any credibility for any of their previous shows. It left a lot of good "evidence" suddenly in doubt. Some of footage they'd captured really did make me wonder before, but since this I automatically have to assume that it was all faked.

I like watching Most Haunted too. I prefer their style of not taking things too seriously, not thinking they're "Heroes".
That's entertainment for me. And I think that's how it should be. People can't trust what they see via a third party, you have to experience things for yourself.

But for a giggle Most Haunted is as good as Paranormal TV gets IMO.

The thing with Most Haunted though is they never show anything or whatever. They claim to see this or that or whatever but we don't. And you made a good point about past shows with Ghost Hunters. It is sad about that. Just a little bit of doubt goes a long way.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Do you have a google or youtube link to Grant faking this? I would like to see it. Must have missed that part of it. I love that show. I would be very disappointed if I saw that.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rintendo
reply to post by detachedindividual

Do you have a google or youtube link to Grant faking this? I would like to see it. Must have missed that part of it. I love that show. I would be very disappointed if I saw that.

Then don't look for it. It is a show, entertainment only. If you enjoy it, leave it at that. It you think it is suppose to be real, you are already set up for disappointment.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Here is a debunk of the Jacket Pull...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
The biggest problem with Ghost Hunters is that they are not a scientific investigation team, but just a team of people who do a particular kind of "evidence" gathering at a location.

They don't start with a hypothesis that they hope to prove or disprove. They just have a story, and maybe some wild-ass theories.

Yeh, those wild-ass theories get you nowhere but trouble. It was like I was telling Galileo...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
First of all, let's be honest with each other folks, this post wouldn't even exist if there weren't at least the chance of things being faked or staged.

That being said, I do tend to believe that most of what you see and hear is real. But, every now and then, something happens that screams "fake" to me. Such as when someone gets knocked down by a supposed entity. As an example, in last nights rerun of the investigation of Leap Castle the wimpy guy (Dustin?) gets knocked down by an elemental, just not buying that one.

Also, I too hate the sound effects that are added in for production value.

And, I wish that Jason & Grant would let other people decide what they are hearing on an EVP. Almost every time, they push on people what it is they think they heard, rather than let other people form their own opinions.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Ghost Hunters is most likely real. Other people have said that they catch too much evidence and things are clearly faked but wheres your real evidence other than your ignorant theory? If theres a string being pulled take a snap shot of the damn chair and prove it. Everything gives off light so the string would without a doubt be in that picture. Analyze all of their findings yourself, prove them to be fake. Stop being skeptical to something that is credible. Your proof is that you saw somebody in the window an 8th of a second before the chair moved? Comeon now, it takes a proffessional baseball player 4/5ths of a second to recognize a pitch. Either your that quick to register things in your mind or you have no belief in ghosts in which case you shouldnt be watching ghost hunters anyways. Those things or you have no life and try to disprove everybody you know by hitting the slow button on your dvd player and physically watching an episode 1/8th of second at a time. If anybody fakes anything it's you guys with your evidence.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I was going to post another thread about these shows I see springing up lately.
I am quite shocked to see so many of you in question to wether it is genuine.

I would like to think that stuff can happen we cant explain, but these shows are jamming it down your throat to be fact. They all see feel or hear somthing at every corner. Entertaining for some bored teenagers, sure. If it is that easy to capture this phenomenon there would be alot more proof of it. Any group of idiots can walk through a building with nightvision cameras...

I have a very good eye for how people act on TV..I pick up on small things, The fat guy from TAPS is always fighting way to hard to apear excessivly serious and knowledgable. These other shows are one in the same. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

The episode with the man in the cloak, was what made me think maybe they were faking. If you look at the replays, the one with the crew member running in the cloak to mimic it, you can see that his jeans look white under the cloak. Now look at the actual footage, you can clearly see first of all that the video was played and rewound to show "manifesting". Also, you can clearly see the crew members white looking jeans showing through the cloak. Now there are a lot of true evidence that they caught that is great, but just knowing that something was faked, it kind of makes me wonder about the "real evidence".

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittlePinky82
The thing with Most Haunted though is they never show anything or whatever. They claim to see this or that or whatever but we don't. And you made a good point about past shows with Ghost Hunters. It is sad about that. Just a little bit of doubt goes a long way.

I didn't even realise TAPS did live shows also?! Meh, probs either missed them or we don't get them here in the UK.

I just picked up a point (back to my original reason why I quoted you here too!) you mentioned, the fact they never show what they seem to see. This I agree with. What winds me up, is that they always seem to have their own cameras all the time focused on them, when they should be pointing them away from them.
"OHMYGAWD! Did you see that?! That black figure over there?!" Why, heck, no I didn't, I've just been looking at your face for half an hour...

That is the one thing that constantly winds me up about them! (Even though I've been watching them recently, lol!)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

"I believe Ghost Hunters to be the "most real" of all the paranormal study shows. They throw out 90% of evidence that most people would use. They debunk stuff that others would think "wow paranormal!"

So yes to me the evidence is real that they present to us."

I agree with you most def.. "Ghost Hunters" is real in fact I find them incredibly the most honest show on tv now (paranormal wise).. in which their findings and de-bunking skills stand on their own "excellent">for them to go into a episode with de-bunking in mind it only proves their ability and knowledge .... They out weight others credibility
in many ways and have the most up dated equipment and the knowledge to use it .. I don't find them actors in anyway, pretty honest so serious, but it is always amusing to catch them enjoying a laugh or two.
Jason and Grant I feel can't be any more dedicated and with Steve and all the others I feel very comfortable and confidant they are for "real" De-bunk that! Hey some of their shows can be disappointing because I/you are always looking to satisfy "our" ghostly fix needs and when they don't find it it's indeed disappointing, but I feel in fact its all real why create something that's not there for shock value: Keep it real is the deal!

Paranormal State is a good watch: they are young and up and coming I enjoy their show it's just a bit different and I hope they succeed.

~Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

I have seen Ghost Adventures. Great show and they must have alot of ***** to be locked in over night in some crazy places known to have been haunted.
Zak, Nick and Aaron I believe are the only team to ever get a full body
apparition caught on video said to be so authentic that certain news stations aired their findings. Very cool show only wish it was on more often.

~Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

Hey, this video of a full body apparition - wouldn't happen to know if it's on youtube, per chance?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by emmy

I did some looking up on you tube I came up with this video it's at the very end ... this video looks to be clips of different shows but its at the end of the video check it out.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

~Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Here is another video of Donna from TAPS on the Maury show she is showing the Ghost Adventures video of the full body apparition walking across the room it is again almost at the end of the video.

www.youtube.com...

~Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Hey! Thank you so much for finding them, they're really good ones! (The quality of the last wasn't great, what with the pixels, but I could see something there!)

Oooh, makes me wanna ghost hunt more and more!

Thanks again

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join