It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who created God and then who created him and him and him......

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
If God created us (which i believe as a christian) then who created him and so everything comes from something and im sure God is no different surely someone out there is smart enough to atleast have a go at working out this riddle.

Unless God means something different like infinite or something like that or never ending i dont know.

thank you.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

I thought about this with the big bang; what caused the big bang? What caused what caused the big bang?

Mind invigorating, isn't it?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Annoying though aswell

i do believe we know the answers to these questions but we cant get to that part of the brain yet so we know it but we dont know it at the same time.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

It's simple didn't you know?

God was, God is and God will always be.

Or the classic: God works in mysterious ways..... you choose.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by billyjoinedat2k8
i do believe we know the answers to these questions but we cant get to that part of the brain yet so we know it but we dont know it at the same time.

That's similar to the answer I gave the poster to the "Why do we. The Universe Exist?" thread. I think there are much deeper parts of our consciousness that we currently cannot access that could provide answers to these mind-thrashing questions.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Well i hate it when people say God works in mysterious ways i think he works more normaly than we think but we just dont realize.

and i dont believe anything has been here forever it either has to have a start othwise it wouldnt be here in the first place.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Then what created all eternity? If something wasn't always here and spawned everything, how in the first place did we get here?

Oh this'll probably get you; Do we exist at all?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Ye its true though theres definitely parts of the brain i think that we cant access for some reason maybe well get a few answers by 2012 never know

Btw sorry if i copied your thread i didnt know you made one like it.

That's similar to the answer I gave the poster to the "Why do we. The Universe Exist?" thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Oh no, that's someone else's thread. They didn't necessarily mention anything about God (though many of the replies did).

If you wanna check it out, it's here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's a pretty long thread now; under most active topics last five days.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaFreaky

I also made a thread about wether we exist atall funnily enough

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

reply to post by blupblup

and i dont believe anything has been here forever it either has to have a start othwise it wouldnt be here in the first place.

I think you're being a bit narrow on what is possibly the question with the grandest scale ever to be asked. Why does god need a beginning if it clearly operates outside the realm of the rules that effect humans?

Well i hate it when people say God works in mysterious ways i think he works more normaly than we think but we just dont realize.

I definitely agree with that.

It's sort of a paradox, but I personally believe that god creates and then destroys itself ad infinitum, the universe expanding from the big bang and eventually contracting in the big crunch, only to expand again from the big bang. It never ends and it never began; it just is.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Isaac Asimov had the answer all along.

This story may be the best answer to "who created it all" I've ever heard

*Short story how humanity, over the span of the lifetime of a universe, repeatedly ask the question "Can entropy be reversed". Humans merge with the Universal AC to become one mass consciousness, eventually figure out how to reverse said entropy, and create the new universe.

My apologies for being so lighthearted in what is turning into a rather serious thread.

[edit on 8/19/2008 by CeltAngel]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
i always think about this, and when i start delving into it i get light headed. what created our galaxy planet etc.. what created the universe, how big is the universe, could there be alternate universes like a bunch of soap bubbles and if so what would be outside of all those universes, and furthermore, if we ARE now, what was before? why are we here and if we and all this wasnt here what would be. hurts your head doesn't it

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

God is everything, so he doesn't require a creator. He is the creation and the creator.

Duh.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dnbaudio

God is everything, so he doesn't require a creator. He is the creation and the creator.

Duh.

Well thats not really a answer to the question what created God and so on... .

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

reply to post by dnbaudio

Duh.

Well thats not really a answer to the question what created God and so on... .

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

Yes, in fact, it is.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I don't know the answer. But will the last person out please turn off the lights?

Btw, why not ask an Alien?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix1111

What would an alien know more? Oh yeah, I forgot, they're better than us.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParaFreaky
reply to post by Matrix1111

What would an alien know more? Oh yeah, I forgot, they're better than us.

They seem to be beyond time and space. They might know.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnbaudio

Duh.

Why dont you think outside the box

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join