It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncensored NASA Moon Images!!

page: 53
<< 50  51  52   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Ah that explains it =) Thanks

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I understand geology probably isnt deemed that a cool subject to get into, hence the general ignorance of the subject on rock formations. Im not having a stab at anybody, i too am woefuly ignorant in the field of geology, though having said that it is a pretty cool subject. Such as the Giants Causeway, this thing is awesome, some of the rocks are basicaly perfectly hexagonal and i mean perfectly.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now this is either the result of

A] An advanced race of giant supermen built it with alien technology

or

B] Lava cooling and cracking. Which is kinda awsome, as its led to a crazy hexagonal kaleidescope bridge across an entire sea.

YOU DECIDE

My point is natural geometric formations are found everywhere, even in stones! sometimes with greater precision than man can ever reproduce, afterall the laws we mimic within the fields of engineering are ultimatly the same laws that bind nature. Now given the extremities of such an enviroment as the moon, who knows what crazy formations appear naturaly.

On a personal note though, that tower formation is kinda cool, and does admitadly look pretty out of place and completely unnatural, but there are simply far too many factors to take into account before you can say, yip, theres proof aliens where here for sure. Look at it with a different angle and lightning, chances are it will resemble nothing like a tower.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Crap, I erased the whole message. Ugh. I will re post here in a while.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Double post

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
*just a bump - I notice a lot of newbies discussing zee Moon - so get your marbles around this one - it is brilliant!

...anyway I was looking at the Saturn satellite Cassini here:
www.ciclops.org... and I have to tell you - there are some amazing photos coming through (the ones they are showing us anyway...).

www.ciclops.org...
This image is interesting:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b1378eba7d69.jpg[/atsimg]

Saturn's moon Enceladus, imaged at high phase, shows off its spectacular water ice plumes emanating from its south polar region. This image was captured at a phase, or Sun-Enceladus-spacecraft, angle of 159 degrees so that sunlight would reveal the backlit plumes. See PIA11688 to learn more. Sunlight brightly illuminates terrain on the left. Light reflected off Saturn illuminates the rest of the moon more dimly. This view looks toward the trailing hemisphere of Enceladus (504 kilometers, 313 miles across). North is up.

Background stars, elongated by the movement of the spacecraft during the exposure, are also visible.

The image was taken in visible light with the Cassini spacecraft narrow-angle camera on Oct. 13, 2009. The view was obtained at a distance of approximately 431,000 kilometers (268,000 miles) from Enceladus. Image scale is 3 kilometers (2 miles) per pixel.

Somehow I just can't comprehend how these "stars" are captured in a time lapse - while the Moon (which is bloody interesting in itself - later for another topic...) Enceladus is perfectly captured without any movement or blur. I always thought that the "stars" are so far away that this would be impossible?
*enter queue for ArMap to help explain*

...oh yeah and the other thing - why are the "stars" a very dull gray and not white? AND where are all the other bloody stars?!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
Somehow I just can't comprehend how these "stars" are captured in a time lapse - while the Moon (which is bloody interesting in itself - later for another topic...) Enceladus is perfectly captured without any movement or blur.

It's not a time lapse photo, it's a long exposure, so it was just one long photo and not a series of photos like in time lapse photography.

If the camera stays pointed to Enceladus it will look sharp while the rest of the photo suffers from motion blur.

I always thought that the "stars" are so far away that this would be impossible?
*enter queue for ArMap to help explain*

Here I am.

Everything is dark in that photo, the Sun is behind Enceladus, so the camera was in the dark photographing a dark Enceladus, so even the faint stars appear on the photo.

...oh yeah and the other thing - why are the "stars" a very dull gray and not white? AND where are all the other bloody stars?!

The stars are not white because the photo was not focusing on the stars, if it was we would see a blurred Enceladus and sharp, bright stars. As in any other case, only the brightest stars appear on the photo.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

Do you know exactly which page these videos were posted on?

Thanks

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I guess you must have to have a trained eye because I don't see anything unusual.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The 1st moon landing was faked 100% guaranteed

why? weapon sales and concern Russia would win the race

the people used knew something would happen to them so they left clues
the astronauts where flown into orbit then hypnotised, they think they where on the moon
we have all seen hypnotists in action

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
A bit late but thanks for the link, nice pictures.
See if i can download the site.

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52   >>

join