It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ninjitsu: the paranormal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
That link is 404. I'd like to see who can do better than that first guy.

EDIT- it worked a second time

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by ktprktpr]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
holy smoke yea those dude are the real ones!!!
those dudes are freakin' crazy jumpin' off of buildings.
i wouldn't wanna piss one of those dudes off they could pro'ly squab!

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
That's incredible. Where can I find more stuff like this? What do they call it? Streetjump? Street trick?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Umm... its not 404... click it again.... the dude on there is a true ninja.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
That's incredible. Where can I find more stuff like this? What do they call it? Streetjump? Street trick?

La parkoure I think try this siteawsome

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
randomkungfu

what do think is the best type of fighting style or martial art?

LOVE thy neighbor..........

kill him with kindness......

peace and JOY to the world

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by panchovilla]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a true master, never reveals that he is a master....

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by panchovilla
randomkungfu

what do think is the best type of fighting style or martial art?

In my opinion, JEET KUNE DO is the premier style. Because there are no restrictions, no forms, no katas, only yourself. It is unlimited and infinite. There are endless possiblities and zero restrictions.

JKD is by far the best martial art, although it is not an art. An art is a style, and JKD has none, therefore what is it? It is man and mind combined into one unity, working together to achieve a common goal. That is all. The name itself takes away from JKD what it is really trying to achieve. However, a name is necessary, for obvious reasons.

"The form of no form"
Bruce Lee

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
wtf

who cares

whores abound

deal with it
however TF you wish

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   

mastery of the motionless attack
lay a mfer flat on his back

Exactly.

Having no form is the best form. Having no style is the best style.

Take what is useful and absorb it. Discard what is useless.

Master your mind, and then master your body. Without one, the other cannot function.

Openmindedness is essential to enlightenment. Restricting one's views only creates conflict.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
JKD and Aikido are unquestionably the finest unarmed forms of combat. Jeet Kune Do reigns as king of 'hard' systems, whereas Aikidio is unquestionably the best 'soft' system. They're fluid and great...and I've seen martial arts competitions and things of that nature. I've also seen videos of the man who INVENTED Aikido- it's amazing. The guy is almsot seventy, and he's tossign people around like they're not even there.

As for these cartwheeling, high-jumping freaks in the videos, they're not even close to being ninjas. What you're seeing there are acrobats and tumblers, not fighters. While impressive, it's not something you wouldn't see in floor routine (albehit from ridiculous heights and in moronic places) or in the gym. They even started there, with quick videos of the horse, tumbling boards, and other things. The feats performed are very similar to movements on the rings or even the bars.

DE

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
guess u did not read before that which was preposted
up your arss a kabob on which your body roasted
the master strikes with no form
and tumbles through that which he devastates
but gives love to all that contemplates
it is not within his heart to hate
but only to release and set these foolz free
jumpning across great expanses so incredibly
barbecue is good here
and in louisianna
now they're eaten black bear in texarkana

well what about...................

never mind

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
..........................................................................................................

ninja contemplates
beside an artesian lake

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   

guess u did not read before that which was preposted
up your arss a kabob on which your body roasted
the master strikes with no form
and tumbles through that which he devastates
but gives love to all that contemplates
it is not within his heart to hate
but only to release and set these foolz free
jumpning across great expanses so incedibly

I can read, pancho. I've also had a girlfriend or two in gymnastics. Yes, the master stikes with no form- way to warp and horribly maul a quote. It's a concept brought to martial arts by Bruce Lee in his book The Tao of Jeet Kune Do, which is in large part based on The Art of War and to a lesser extent the Book of Five Rings. I've read all three. I've also watched my ex perform on the vaulting horse and the horizontal bars. Trust me, this looks cool but really isn't special. It has near-nil to do with ANY martial art.Tumbling like that is taught in mid-level floor routine. They applied it to unsual objects. Wow.

Judging by the way you rhyme, I'm guessing you're a little on the young side. go research floor routine and horizontal bars. You'll see a lot of parallels.

DE

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
JKD and Aikido are unquestionably the finest unarmed forms of combat. Jeet Kune Do reigns as king of 'hard' systems, whereas Aikidio is unquestionably the best 'soft' system.

Sorry DuesEx, but I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. JKD isn't necessarily a "hard" form of fighting. It employs all techniques and manuevers which are beneficial. It does not limit itself to certain styles or forms (refer to my previous post on this topic). JKD has no regulations, restrictions, or limits as to what you can and can't use. "Whatever the situation dictates, use it." That is the basic principal of JKD. Do not subject yourself to the idolization movements or techniques.

Techniques that employ deceptive motions and swirling of the arms, etc, are for show. They possess very little applicable attributes.

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Maybe this can help you understand Jeet Kune Do. The following is a quote from Bruce Lee himself, the man who through his own mind, applied the "philosophy".

Jeet Kune Do is NOT a system. A system is a formula or an established procedure used to attain an end. The Do in JKD means Art. An art is open to interpretation and expression. In Bruce's own words in a letter to Hawkins Cheung "No, I did not mean to create another style. JKD started out as my expression of Lop Sao."

JKD, being an ART, lies over the realms of system AND concept.

It lies in the realm of system because as was found, a person's techniques should be governed by Conservation of Movement, Non Telegraphic movements, and overall effectiveness, among others.

It lies in the realm of concept, because each of those points applies differently to different people. Reason being because the way a person might do a non telegraphic movement might differ because of his body structure or attributes. His "expression" of non telegraphic movement will be different because of this.

Because of this, a person in JKD is not "developing" techniques in a "restricted" set of guide rules or formulas. JKD is a more of a process of striping away what is there rather than learning. You are "recovering" things that have been with you all the time and have been lost or distorted by misguided manipulation or conditioning in every day life.

You have the desire to transcend that of petty technique and ideas. To forget everything you learn, and will learn. Your subconscious then takes over, and will assert "answers" spontaneously.

"To float in totality, to have no technique, is to have all technique."

It is a growing process to reach that of JKD. The above quote should not be perceived as actually learning something and forgetting it, but similar to the statement a gentleman on here has at the end of his postings. "Before enlightenment, one chops wood, etc. After enlightenment, one chops wood, etc."

Here is the link:

www.wingchun.com...

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
What the hell are you talking about? Don't post stuff like that on ATS. Take that # to BTS. Although I highly doubt that anyone there wants to see it either.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
poncho. Are you lacking sleep or something?...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join