It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ninjitsu: the paranormal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hello

My Very good freind came back from his martial arts class one day, and he swore to me on his mother that the following occured

After the class they went out to the parking lot (the parking lot being empty), and then his sparring partner asked him if he believed in levitation, then my freind said something like "more or less" and then the other guy proceeded to levitate of his feet for a period of about 3 seconds.

My freind was shaking when he told me, i am convinced his story is true

Any comments or any similar experiences please share

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
maybe your friend's friend mastered this trick.

www.geocities.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
wow thats a good trick..

too good to be true

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Levitation is said to be one of the accomplishments from practicing Ninjitsu meditation techniques. Though it is also said it takes decades of dedication to become a master of that level and not something taken as lightly as, "Hey dude, check this out..."

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashlar
Hello

My Very good freind came back from his martial arts class one day, and he swore to me on his mother that the following occured

After the class they went out to the parking lot (the parking lot being empty), and then his sparring partner asked him if he believed in levitation, then my freind said something like "more or less" and then the other guy proceeded to levitate of his feet for a period of about 3 seconds.

My freind was shaking when he told me, i am convinced his story is true

Any comments or any similar experiences please share

I remember when i had a dream and the dream came true about 4 days later. What someone was saying in the dream about 4 days earlier about people i didn't even know was being said 4 days later in real life by the same person in the dream.

When i was telling my friend that and sayin gi swear to god it was true, i was shaking too. Ya sound crazy and ya hope to hell they believe ya, coz what ur saying is true and ya just get really nervous and edged up while saying it. It fully shakes ya up.

Maybe ya friend really did see it...

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Levitation is said to be one of the accomplishments from practicing Ninjitsu meditation techniques. Though it is also said it takes decades of dedication to become a master of that level and not something taken as lightly as, "Hey dude, check this out..."

I have been involved in the martial arts for most of my life and have never seen anyone do that.

I am not saying its impossible I just doubt it.

And expecially the hey check this out part.

Someone who had studied long enough to preform this feat whould be beyond such showing off IMO

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
That's what i'm saying Amuk. The level of enlightenment it takes, or I should say, supposedly takes to be able to levitate would not be taken lightly by the person who knew how. The person must be a sage to do such things...

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
well theres more to the story,

every day between 1 and 3 am this group of people go to the woods where they perform all sorts of tricks like dissappearing and so forth jumping out of trees and stuff

the sensei lined 2 guys up on one side of the brick wall, went to the other side, did a move, sent the other guys flying through the air

but these where not witnessed directly by my mate these were told second hand, however the levitation was witnessed directly by my freind

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
My old Jujitsu Sensei was into Ninjitsu before creating our Dojo; very into martial arts.,no levititating. I have seen some neat things by his Sensei but, never any levitating. Much of martial arts is simply physics backed up by a trained mind. I have heard from my Sensei of meeting a guy at a MA Seminar who was jamming his fingers into a tree. Thats pretty amazing to me. I have watched a man hold his arm out straight and ask three guys to try and make his arm bend and they could not.

I did see a show where a "master" of Yoga was put into a box and was supposed to levitate. What it did was bounce a little and turn over. It was really sad.

Variable

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I have seen some neat things by his Sensei but, never any levitating.

Same here, in almost 40 years of training I have NEVER seen anything that wasnt merely good training and discipline. I have seen people drive nails with their fists and my son can throw a cocanut up in the air and bust it into little pieces witjh his fist.

Try it some time.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I've heard of levitation before-- it is supposed to be a ki-related practise where your ki reverses the energy/gravity of the Earth. This is supposed to take A LOT of meditation and training to acheive, so I doubt weither the man would be able to do it after waling through a parking lot, but hey, anything's possible.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
As a martial artist, I can assure your there is a whole lot myths, deception and untruths in the martial arts. Its up to you to figure out whats real most likely it was a trick. If you want to a good place that discredits people like this check out www.bullshido.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well, I had a friend who preactived Sea-lot (sp) an Indoneisain martial arts. I was hanging out at the class at the Embassy and one of the kids told me what masters really do when they attain a high level (in the degree area). He basically said that it amounts to witchcraft (for a lack of a better term) but this has to be learned back in the mother country.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Colonel, you're refering to Pentjak Silat. I'm surprised... not many people know about that art. Also, just about every martial seems to blend into the bizzare and paranormal at some point. Before being able to be taught a certain level of a martial art, some tibetan monks must prove their inner peace and whatnot by going out into the snow and melting it around them as they meditate. I kid you not, I've watched people demonstrate it on a small scale.

As for Ninjitsu, I very much doubt this person was actually taught anything but the rudimentary ninjitsu- if ninjitsu at all. Many people claim to know this art, but are actually fairly full of it. It's almost impossible to find this sort of knowledge outside of near-dead ninja clans, and even then you have to bend over backwards to get it. Pull junk like that and you'd either end up an example or just...vanish. Real Ninjitsu borders on extinction, where as charlatans and hawkers abound.

DE

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I have studied many various forms of martial art, including Kenpo, Karate, Brazilian Wrestling, Tai Kwan Do, Wing Chun, Dim Mak, Ju-Jitsu, Nin-Jitsu, Jeet Kune Do, the five animal forms of Kung Fu (Northern Style).

I have never came across ANYONE who could levitate their body that professed to be a master of martial art. The only people I know of that can "levitate" are tricksters and magicians.

Besides, I have to agree with the above mentioned comments. Anyone who did somehow possess this skill would not go around showing it to anybody and everybody.

Most martial art masters will not even show you the really good moves and techniques until they have acquired a confidence in your ability. They must also trust you. They don't want you using it for personal reasons. All of these techniques are designed for self-defense only. That is principle they teach you from day one.

Back to levitating. It is possible, by some miraculous feat. However, I highly doubt that some kid, who was his "sparring partner", not master or sensei, would just come out of the box and levitate. It sounds fishy.

Also, I have a question for Ashlar:

1) When the person "levitated", was he facing toward or away from the other person?

2) How high off of the ground did he "levitate"?

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
He was facing towards my freind, but he only rose a few inches off the ground

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashlar
He was facing towards my freind, but he only rose a few inches off the ground

It is possible that he conducted an elementary trick, popularly known as "balducci levitating". Here is the link. I think this solves this whole mystery right here.

www.geocities.com...

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Ninjustu is an art that was used in Japan for deception, assasination and what we would call today terrorism.
Slight of hand and what Houdini called misdirection was employed by Ninjas. They have their mystical side but as was mentioned earlier in the thread, you normally have to be Japanese or at least invited into an authentic clan to even scratch the surface of the "mystical" side of their art.

AiKiDo--'the Way of Harmonising the Body and Universal Spirit'

AiKiDo, which I study,to me, is the most "spiritual" of the Martial Arts. If you read on the true meaning of AiKiDo it is very peaceful and harmonious

www.aikidofaq.com...

This little man, Morihei Ueshiba--the founder of AiKiDo-- could do some awesome stuff. Even in his 70's he could toss most people around as if they were just ragdolls

www.cs.ucsd.edu...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
this is almost supernatural.

i sure as hell can't do it!

www.streettrickz.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
*Pffft* thats nothing check this out

crazy

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by RandomKungFu]

top topics