It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the most unbelievable story in the bible in YOUR opinion???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion

Originally posted by TgSoe
1. In the old testament a womans hand was to be cut off if she had accidently touched her husband or his opponent by the genitliles while trying to break up a fight.

2. That one was given the death penalty for gathering firewood on the sabbath.

They cut your hand off if you shoplift in a third world country. These laws are easily believable to me.

A story that would seem unbelievable to me would probably be the one where the woman turns into a pillar of salt. Or the wall of jericho. or the story about the guy who God raised up to heaven in a chariot.

OH I find it believable its just unfathomable that men could be that stupid and unthoughtful over such nonsence as to cut a womans hand off as if she were lower than dirt for touching him or his enemy. What if the guy was about to kill her husband? Most of those old testament laws were absolutely rediculous. I don't believe a thoughtful god would have written that law. That one has mans ignorance written all over it. Actually most all of the Bible is filled with unbelievable storys that contradict common logic. And it never mentioned the Dinasours.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beanie_pianoforte
Most unbelieveable story? dont no the bible doesnt always make scientific sense but what does that matter! Gods involved it dont have to.

That has to be the most backwards and rediculous thing Ive ever heard (no offense, of course). ...but it seems to sum up how a lot of xtians seem to feel about things.

Speaking of rediculous stories in the bible, though, I guess it would go to show the mindset required to believe a lot of those stories. Logic and scientific reasoning must be thrown out for the most part.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
UNBELIEVEABLE????

Well....
How about a talking snake????

Or that we were made of dust???
And if we were made from dust why wouldn't God make Jesus that way. Why did he need a womb of some random peasant woman to make a self proclaimed son?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The hardest one for me is the Shadrack, Meeshac and Abednigo (spelling) and the fiery furnace. Something doesn't equate there.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackBlack
UNBELIEVEABLE????

Well....
How about a talking snake????

Hisssssss, spitting but not talking, I agree.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

WTF is the bit "Why have you forsaken me?" in there? Why would he say that? Isn't his trust in God enough? It's been enough up to that time, and after that time. But not at the point where he says "Why have u forsaken me?". It's like his attitude has totally changed. His beliefs have totally changed. It's like he is totally lost and a totally differnet person. Anyways.

If someone could explain that it'd be highly appreciated. Thnx

This because when he dies all of mans sin is effectivley put on him, Therefore God cannot look at him. As can not look at sin (there is a verse iforget). This is another of jesus many sufferings on the cross not only had his friends (disiples) ran from him but his Father had hid his face from him and rejected him.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
REMEMBER: Jesus was in MAN form...

he felt PAIN...

so this is why he said "why have you forsaken me"...

he was in soo much PAIN he said those words...

just what i think though...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adrianay

How about living inside a whale?? Now in my oppion that is the most unbelivable story I have ever heard!

people have been found living inside a whale before.

WHAT!!! Do you have a link to back that up? And little wooden boys do not count.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
there was a moutain dew (soda) commercial about that...

that does not count though...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
anybody else have any info. on these stories???

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I can't believe what God did to Adam
The guy is lonely so God creates a woman that can't follow directions, what's up with that? Then the broad goes and picks the one thing she isn't supposed to cause she got the hots for a snake, a freak'in snake.UNBELIVABLE

Tut Tut

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
thats funny...

sum people think that the story of creation would have NEVER been possible...

im lookin' into this right now. i mean when u think 'bout it we COULD have been EVOLVED from APES or whatever...

the church would NEVER want to hear this

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
anybody else have any thoughts???

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
yea the shaddrack, meshak, and abednego is pretty hard to swallow like godservant said.

i remember even when i was a gullible youth i wondered about this one.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The main story in the Bible that I have a hard time believing is Job.

Why would God to all of those horrible things to Job just to prove a point? Almost like a bar bet.

Sounds like a human-created story to me.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
...On The Third Day He Rose from the dead...

in Scripture the resurrected Jusus did eat & drink & hang out among his brethern & disciples....

i take that to mean, all those beneficial microbes and
intestinal bacterias were resurrected to non-corrupt
bodies too???--> remember that re-animated Jesus
made it a point to prove to 'doubting thomas' that he
was real & alive, flesh & blood again!!

['corruptible parts' cannot make a 'uncorruptable whole']

at least thats the way i see it->> see sig.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by riffraffalunas]

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I say take the first unbelievable tale............ eve and the snake making her do something evil. Even better dumb Adam who had the brain of a peanut following her. Don't ever see anyone cursing him do ya?

When it all begins with a tempting snake, put your seatbelt on............. it turns in a wild ride.

Burning talking bushes
Whales
Ark

OOOOOOOOOOh and a good one. God commands bears to rip up and tear apart little children because they made fun of Elisha's bald head

2 Kg.2:23-24
God sends bears to kill 42 little boys for making fun of Elisha's bald head.

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by favouriteslave]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
what is the most unbelievable story in the bible in YOUR opinion???

The tower of Babyl

-edit-your speach
-edit- ur spoech
kuf ru cheops

Kufru Cheops

The tower of babyl

The great pyramid

Mod edit: Please do not bypass the censors.

[edit on 6-12-2005 by parrhesia]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
None of the stories are unbelievable IMO, as long as they are placed in proper context. Taking things literally 100% of the time is a recipe for disaster.

Jesus taught in parables, why wouldn't the Father?

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
jonah and the whale... and if thats not in the bible

joseph and the techni-colored dream coat...
only because it sounds trippy and in elemtary school i saw a movie about it with donny osmond... and he can make anything look crappy.

-UnterMir

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join