It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we correct America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
What must be done in order to put America back onto the right track? What can I do to help bring America back to her days of freedom and liberty? I am willing to do whatever is necessary, but I have no idea what I can do.

I've voted for change...it didn't work.
I've informed my family, my friends, and my peers....It hasn't changed anything.
I've voiced my dissent to my Congressmen...they ignore it.

I've thought about traveling to DC to picket and protest, but I've come to realize that too would accomplish nothing. People have been picketing and protesting for ages, nothing has changed. I honestly have no idea what else we can do.

We are a police state. We are run by a fascist plutocracy. No longer are we a free Constitutional Republic, but run by the wealthy and elite. We have no freedom any longer, we are merely granted various privileges to keep us in check.

What would our Founding Fathers have done in our position?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
You would be willing to do WHATEVER it took? The intentions are nice, but the fact that you are saying you are willing to do "whatever" it takes makes me doubt you truly understand how far gone America is at this point.

And we always have freedom. You don't need a government to give you freedom. We have the freedom to do "whatever" it takes to set our government back on the right track, it is just that it involves more than ppl are willing to give (myself included..... I'll take care of me and mine, but I can't do that if I risk doing "whatever" it takes to get things to where they should be
)

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Double Eights

We have to take the bull by the horns so to speak.If your congressman won't listen to you.Build up support from your peer group and run against him at the next term.Congressmen and Senators can be taken out of office mid-term with enough voters behind it.
The best thing you can start with is talk to people,stir things up,make the powers that be take notice of you.When they finally seek you out to quiet your opposition,you'll see that you are making a difference.
"Give them the truth,they'll just think it's hell" Harry Truman

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
you need to fall before you can get back up, America hasn't fallen yet in my perspective.. But I believe this is the only way.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
All voting people in this country were born and raised democrats or republicans.We have to move away from these corruptions and back to the constitution.Are enough willing to vote 3rd party?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nahsik
you need to fall before you can get back up, America hasn't fallen yet in my perspective.. But I believe this is the only way.

I totally agree with this. It's like an addict "hitting bottom." People have to feel real pain on a fundamental level: homelessness, hunger, death, breakdown of basic systems. This is already happening to many, but not to enough "nice middle class people" to make a difference.

Another thing is that somehow people have to free their minds from the "media matrix." People are totally hypnotized by this warm n' happy media coccoon that tells them everything is just fine n' dandy and getting better all the time. Any problems you may be experiencing, people are told, are your own fault for being lazy or being a "loser." If you just click your heels, believe in yourself, and spend more borrowed credit, you too will become like Donald Trump before very long. Until this mentality is rooted out of the media, people will continue to act in a zombified manner.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

They would have packed up and moved to another country, and beat the tar out of the American invasion force that came to reign them in.

Seriously - that's the option that looks best to me. Unfortunately there's nowhere left to go.

We would need to build another continent, out in the ocean. I don't see why it couldn't be done, but there's no push for it yet. I'd pick the Atlantic, personally. Food can be grown using a combination of hydroponic fertilization and solar power. Fish can be harvested. Water can be desalinated.

It's the only option I like, personally.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I really like this James Madison quote.

It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. We hold this prudent jealousy to be the first duty of citizens, and one of the noblest characteristics of the late Revolution. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. They saw all the consequences in the principle, and they avoided the consequences by denying the principle. -- James Madison

Considering the abuse of power of our current government, and seeing as I don't see any end to such abuse...I say we stop the cancer before it spreads.

Hopefully Obama is elected and totally butt#s America and people finally realize politicians aren't their friends.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Patrick Henry would have lurched across the tavern table and used his rusty twopenny knife to cut out the spleen of any man who dared suggest he confine his comments to a razor-wire-enclosed "free speech area" or to monitor his thoughts in case of the occurance of a "hate crime."

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nahsik

You're on the right track.
Gas prices went up, and America cut back by not going out as much, to dinner, movies, etc. Problem is, that made things worse. People started getting laid off because business' was slowing down, making the economy even worse.
One of the main problems I see with our Country is that we've become too big, too fast. Everything is rush, rush, rush. Greed of money is pushing us to the brink of collapse.
Back when the Constitution was written, many of our Forefathers came from England. We used English Law to help set the guidelines for our own Laws. The problem is, that over the years, greed and corruption have screwed up so many of our Laws that sometimes these Laws even contradict themselves, adding to even higher costs, and more aggravation.
I like the term, Wishy Washy, made popular by Lucy in the Peanuts comics. America is Wishy Washy.
Say one thing, do something else.
It's the old Potomac Two Step...

top topics

join