It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Sends First Satellite into Orbit

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

thats a bit of a downer

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Alarmist2012

Which is good... if anyone kicked me I would most definately kick back, wouldn't you? Whoever is stupid enough to cast the first stone deserves to have it's government and military leaders buried in radiation. Oh well... I would prefer that its people would have the guts to overthrow them, but anything will do, seeing that we have learned nothing from two world wars. Nothing refreshes our sense of peace like seeing photos of mutant children for a 100 years.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice

Which is good... if anyone kicked me I would most definately kick back, wouldn't you? Whoever is stupid enough to cast the first stone deserves to have it's government and military leaders buried in radiation. Oh well... I would prefer that its people would have the guts to overthrow them, but anything will do, seeing that we have learned nothing from two world wars. Nothing refreshes our sense of peace like seeing photos of mutant children for a 100 years.

no offence mate but thats a terrible thing to say that they deserve to die by nuclear war no one deserves to die like that.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

The correct statement would be that noone deserves to be attack or invaded in any way at any time. Regardless of verbal rethoric...

Of course I was being immensely sarcastic there. I think a lot of judgements are being passed without any proof, any real need for fear or threats of retaliation. And unfortunately the worst kind comes from among our own leaders. They are playing us big time and we love it.

Remember back when we were kids. Everyone had this guy that we were told was a bad guy and supposed to be affraid of. None of us really investigated if it was true, we just took face value of those statements. What happend then was that kid became alienated. Some kids would make fun of him, others run from him... a some point, having maintained this false truth (false because someone made it up... truth because everyone believes it), this kid state behaving just like we wanted him to.

The good old phrase: I am what you make me.

Make Iran a bad guy and it will be just that... make them a free sovereign nation (haha, that word will never be the same wink wink) and they will be just that.

At least give someone the benefit of the doubt before passing judgement or believing in a greedy administration / military machine.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb and offer the possibility that America doesn't really have any issue with Iran at all, it's Israel that it targeting Iran for harassment, according to Neoconservative ideological leadership, and they'll do everything in their power to keep us on opposite sides of the negotiating table.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Just like two little kids falling out and one going to tell his big brother that the other kid hit him and called his mum a tart. Guaranteed to get a response and someone heavy on your side.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I'm going to go out on a limb and offer the possibility that America doesn't really have any issue with Iran at all, it's Israel that it targeting Iran for harassment, according to Neoconservative ideological leadership, and they'll do everything in their power to keep us on opposite sides of the negotiating table.

Amen!

Iran a threat to America.. laughable. They're not suicidal, crazy leaders they have, but they're not that crazy!

Normal Iranians are among the most kind people you'll ever meet.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Yes, also it can mean that they're doing research in space, or for surveillance, it doesn't have to be all about war you know, there is more to life then that! I would hope....

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Two points:

One can make a good case that Iran has been at war with the US ever since the US embassy was attacked during the Carter administration. Relations have never been normalized.

Putting a satellite in orbit is easier than a nuclear weapon because the electronic sensors for remote imaging are much easier to keep light and small than a nuclear weapon and a re-entry package.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
They didnt launch a satellite-just the test vehicle:

TEHRAN, Iran — Iran has test launched a rocket it plans to use to carry a research satellite into orbit, state television reported Sunday.

Saturday's test of the two-stage rocket, called the Safir-e Omid, or Ambassador of Peace, was successful, state TV said, broadcasting images of the nighttime launch.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it, the USA has the tech to shoot satellites out of orbit, if they were a threat that is. A com satellite is good for Iran. I hope the best for them.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I am not sure I understand...

How can the hamsters the Iranians use to power things... run the treadmill in zero gravity?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
LMAO most of you are all talking like the western way of life is something to aspire to!

Iran has just as much right to do whatever they want as anybody else, i can't believe this farce has lasted as long as it has. The fact people can think that another country has any more or less right to do something than their own suggests that one does not think all men are made equal.

Sure western lifestyle has its perks and i am using a laptop in an office etc but if everybody had a 'western lifestyle' it would take 3 and a half planet earths to sustain us at current levels of consumption.

Something needs to be said for a more sustainable and globally equal way of living.

We need to seriously look at where we are heading, save our grand children will have no land left to live on.

Blurry

[edit on 18-8-2008 by blurryone]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Good. I feel that any nation should be able to defend themselves.

Until they attack another country, I see no need to ASSUME that they will.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Lets not forget no satellite was delivered.

The Pentagons response...

edition.cnn.com...

[edit on 18-8-2008 by theblunttruth]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
So they have The Price is Right on their TV screens now..

Should we be alarmed? Hardly...

It's one thing to attach a satellite onto the end of a 2 ton scrap-yard, fill it with fuel and fire it off into space..

It's quite another to actually launch a powered orbital vehicle that can position itself in low-orbit around the Earth, descend from orbit and shower it's target accurately with multiple warheads.

Iran is nowhere near that stage.
Don't get your panties in a bunch here.

Satellite launch vehicles are precisely that: Satellite Launch Vehicles.

They are not 2nd/3rd stage ICBM's that could carry warheads.
The satellite payload weighed about 160kg or so, that's nowhere near enough for a couple of MIRV warheads.

If the Iranians test a new pair of military binoculars it makes headlines these days, this is friggin' ridiculous.

[edit on 18/8/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Yes-as i stated above, no satellite was placed in orbit. This was just a test of the launch vehicle.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Correct. No satellite was put in orbit. Right now this seems much ado about nothing. Iran attempting to brag about something they haven't even done yet.

I have, however, been able to obtain a copy of the plans for the iranian "carrier rocket". It would appear that iran has been able to make good use of one of their key natural resources.

[edit on 8/18/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Bahahaha....

That would actually work no?

Assuming your not using some kind of weird, flat match as pictured above...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

That's what makes it so funny. It seems that as outrageous as it is, that it would probably really work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join