It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Knight Review. A most horrible film!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by TheComte
The Watchmen. There's another terrible film. Absolute tripe.

No way man.... The Watchmen was amazing.
A truly adult and dark comic book film.

+1 here, I thought it was excellent

I enjoyed dark knight aswell but I hear what people are saying about it being too real, though it's better than the overly camp and laughable batman and robin
that was just way over the top.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon
If you are a Skeptic that can't think outside the box or/and spirituality, Nolan Batman Films are can be your Favorite Movie!

[edit on 20-12-2009 by masonicon]

i dont follow this sentence what so ever...please elaborate

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I thought TDK was incredible...sooooo many people watch the old TV show and expected TDK to be based off of that...the fact is Batman is not mentally stable....his parents were murdered and he spent a good portion of his life fighting back and training with the league

Now...as for the Joker...the Joker in TDK was played to perfection. A good comic fan recognizes that the Joker is one of the most insane characters around. He isn't in this to kill Batman...he wants nothing more than chaos.

In one of his darker stories he had a coin. He flipped the coin and explained that if it landed heads he would kill half of Gotham...if it was tails he would let half of Gotham live

PS...in SW: Ep 3 Anakin murders dozens or padawans...you are a SW fan so I don't have to remind you that they are children.

Now...as to your last comment...I think that is a horrific thing to say...how convenient for you to place blame for violence on a movie. Well done...this way you can completely avoid the fact that you are a murderer with or without a bad film

If you murder someone because of a movie you were a murderer already

-Kyo

[edit on 27-12-2009 by KyoZero]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think it was action overload. There were some wicked cool scenes. Joker was great. Still think Jack was better.

But it was one long stream of action which is overload.

IN star wars, despite the violence, you still have some light comedy, and character developement and down time.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

If you are a Skeptic that can't think outside the box or/and spirituality, Nolan Batman Films are can be your Favorite Movie!

[edit on 20-12-2009 by masonicon]

i dont follow this sentence what so ever...please elaborate

Nolan batman Films have No Fantastic and Sci-fi Elements and themes since it's basis are Realism and Current Humanity.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller

The Dark Knight is a most distateful film. It starts off with horrid violence, guns and more guns. The joker shoots a huge gun, a rocket laucher and carries explosives in his jacket. It's sad to see that entertainment comes from seeing people just shoot off bullets and act stupid crazy.

This film was not the batman I grew up to love. The fun, comic book character from the comic books or the lovable TV show. This was a film passed off as a batman film, and trying to be the next Die Hard or James Bond film.

I counted more than 400 bullet shots in this film, it was silly gun violence and it promotes guns and explosives as the only way to entertain the ignorant public. The joker was nothing more but trying to be insane and it was mostly pathetic to watch how hard he tried.

Batman had NO batcave, he's still the wannabe James Bond from the first film, there's nothing superhero about this Batman, he's basically a pissed off dude in a GI-JOE costume. He's like a ninja or government operative. Silly really. You see, they have tried to make Batman too real, like a ganster and dealing with thugs on the streets, but the ironic part about all of this is that you can't have one guy blow up a hospital and get away with it. In a way, nothing you see in this movie is real, but because they are using real looking cars and guns, the appeal to the audience is more real. so it's still a morphed reality.

The problem with this film is that they have taken the fantasy away from Batman. He is now a real guy that bleeds and has his GF killed. He's now more like the Punisher with a cape and more money.

And again, you have another rooftop ending. What is it with superhero films and rooftops this summer? IRON MAN's battle was on a rooftop, The HULK's battle was on a rooftop, SPIDERMAN's battle from last year or so also took place on a rooftop. I mean come on get more original. Here it's not a rooftop, but again a high rise building. Almost a rooftop. The Joker is a lame remake of the CROW and the GOTH look. It just puzzles me that most young people prefer darker characters that kill and act like criminals and they consider this to be great work.

There was nothing creative about the Dark Knight, it was basically a shoot em' up violent film that promotes insanity and guns. And anyone who likes this movie should see a therapist soon because there is nothing to like about it. Two faced with a burned face get's up from the bed, with one side of his face with acid burned skin and he can still move his eyes without his eye muscles. Yet, people think this is reality.

Batman has become some sort of Bruce Willis of Gotham City. And if you think about it, Batman has to be one stupid dude, everyone in Gotham City has a gun, except him, that's not a very smart Superhero.

In the end, I prefer the sillyness of Tim Burton's Batman and The very entertaining Tommy Lee jones as Two Faced.

And to mothers, if you don't want your kids to end up in a prision for shooting someone please don't take them to see this film.

Jedimiller.

Why you finds The dark Knight Distasteful despite this film is Overrated by people?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I thought Batman Begins and especially The Dark Knight to be great movies. They both kep with the feel that Frank Miller created with his Year One series. Dark, gritty and real. Don't forget the "Death in the Family" where the original (?) Robin dies because of the Joker. Great movie!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Two words, O dear.

Ok so you didn't like the film but please....batman never was a proper super hero just a guy in a suit. No special powers or anything, and anyway who watches a film and counts out 400 bullet shots....please!

And also "And to mothers, if you don't want your kids to end up in a prision for shooting someone please don't take them to see this film."

That is just absurd.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by kurtcobainuk]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
In The Dark Knight Movie Both Batman and The Joker have Their Keen Intellects Stripped Away in the Name Of Realism since for Batman Developing Keen Intellect just takes away more time "Unrealistically"

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

In The Dark Knight Movie Both Batman and The Joker have Their Keen Intellects Stripped Away in the Name Of Realism since for Batman Developing Keen Intellect just takes away more time "Unrealistically"

Sorry! TDK's Joker is Smarter than Batman

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kurtcobainuk

Also in the Nolan Batman Films just anyone with Special Powers from batman Franchise get their Powers Stripped away as they appeared in the Nolan Batman in the name of "realism"

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join