It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another weird coincidence Neo's Passport expired on 9-11-2001 the matrix

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

New York's Twin Towers featured on Standing on the Shoulder of Giants, released in 2000 - 18 months before they were destroyed

Source

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocGonzo
reply to post by thrashee

Yes,in a nutshell.

I'm not saying it is completely true,just an interesting connection/theory,and/or possible explanation for the 911 references in The Matrix.

How about it might not be true at all? How about that there may be no connection whatsoever to it?

As you can see in this thread, anything and everything will come out of the woodwork claiming there is some "connection" here, when almost every single one of them (see, I'm leaving some room to remain open minded) could easily be dismissed off the bat.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saidin
Unless you mean that the one in the bottom right is actually 9/13 but looks like 9/11 due to compression?

[Edit] That is to say, the bottom right side when the picture is flipped and reversed.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by Saidin]

Yes, that's exactly what I am saying. It's 13 Sep 01.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The reason its being closely watched... We are digging a deep hole here and ATS is being monitored by alot of important people, who don't want to cause global panic. Im not talking about this thread in particular, some threads on this site are very profound and could in effect leave a hole in what we are told through media and other sources.

We know you want the world to know, but sometimes its best to keep things to yourself before things get too out of hand.

Thanks for sharing this it does make you think "Is it coinsidense, or is it subliminel?"

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I have been saying over and over that it is POSSIBLE,that there COULD be a connection.

I never said that I completely believe this to be a true.I was just trying to put in a different aspect/perspective that hadn't already been considered in this thread.

That's the problem when people start ripping apart other Posters on subjects such as this.I'd say about 95% of the time the people replying to the post (and in this case the OP itself) are based around possibilities and theories.

Then for whatever reason those theories are attacked as if they are believed to be absolute truth by debunkers or skeptics.

I am truly leaving room open for this to be true,or not.All I ask is that you consider both possibilities as well,and be a bit more cautious when treating theories or conjecture as absolute truth.

So please,if you would.....let's agree to disagree and move on.

I've put the Morrison theory out there,and that's all I meant to do.Not drag it out over a couple of pages.

So I apologize to the OP and other posters in this thread if I myself went too far off the original topic which is The inclusion of 911 in Neo's passport in the Matrix.

My apologies all.

Doc

[edit on 8/17/2008 by DocGonzo]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

This will probably come out confusing but: the 1 / 3 in question does seem a bit distorted, but the bottom part of it seems a bit too defined, the line is defined too low compared to the other 13. It looks too uniform with the 1 right next to it. Using Evasius's version from page 2. Just an opinion, of course.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The Major is always amazed by improbable coincidences, and far more improbable than the 9-11-2001 date is the likelihood of someone being born on the 13th of a month and have a passport issued on the 12th of that same month. As the Major has endured the tedious process of obtaining a passport, and the associated wait for it to be completed, the Major is compelled to doubletime down to the O-Club and drown said amazement.

Dismissed.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryan Lloyd
The reason its being closely watched... We are digging a deep hole here and ATS is being monitored by alot of important people, who don't want to cause global panic. Im not talking about this thread in particular, some threads on this site are very profound and could in effect leave a hole in what we are told through media and other sources.

We know you want the world to know, but sometimes its best to keep things to yourself before things get too out of hand.

Thanks for sharing this it does make you think "Is it coinsidense, or is it subliminel?"

The "important" people do not give a rat's a** about the goofy theories posted on ATS. They have much better things to do with their time.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocGonzo
I have been saying over and over that it is POSSIBLE,that there COULD be a connection.

I never said that I completely believe this to be a true.I was just trying to put in a different aspect/perspective that hadn't already been considered in this thread.

But what you are intimating is that it must at least partially be true. Notice your verbiage here surrounding the use of the word "completely". You never said it's "completely" true. Meaning, some parts of it may not be true, but conseequently, some parts will be. You said the same thing before, and I can only extend the benefit of the doubt to you that you are fully cognizant of the import of your own words; to assume otherwise would be to slight you and your mastery of the English language.

While you are attempting to present your ideas as mere theories, you have clearly intimated that at least portions of this logic must be true. I disagree. I find no correlations between your theories and the actual facts at hand. In fact, so many "theories" have been presented here in laughable attempts to connect the Matrix to 9/11, that it is any skeptic's duty to disabuse people of such ridiculous notions.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by thrashee]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999

Originally posted by Ryan Lloyd

The "important" people do not give a rat's a** about the goofy theories posted on ATS. They have much better things to do with their time.

Right the thing you have to remember is. Sites such as ATS are set up to get people talking about their opinions about "The Truth" what ever that is! There are still facts being put onto here which could be harmful towards the government and other secret agencies we don't know about. To be sucessful in life you have to think outside the box.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
BEYOND strange considering the PREMISE of the movie...

Think about it...9-11 was the day that everyone did get a jolt of reality.

It began the outside of the box mentality that we all have now that we're "awake. Too eerie and too much of a coincidence....

ONE OF THE BEST FINDS THIS SITE HAS EVER COME ACROSS.

Star, Flag, you deserve it all buddy.

I am going to have to buy it, check a bit more closer to see if there are anymore "similar" items...Somethings are too strange for explanations. Not saying this in a evil conspiracist kinda way, it's flat out insane.

btw- Matrix came out in 1997 or 1999?

Our "passports" expired on 9-11 as well.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I've sent you a U2U,and I think it would be better if we continued this "debate there,so as not to derail this thread anymore than we already have.

Thanks,
Doc

[edit on 8/17/2008 by DocGonzo]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This is possibly one of the most amazing finds up to yet on ATS, you must have alot of spare time or a love for films to of recognised such a thing! There is just no way of knowing until there are more clues discovered in this film. I think you will find they are right before your eyes when watching. I am going to have to watch this film again in more detail. !

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AntisepticSkeptic

the Matrix is just a movie?

Tell that to Drew Hempel Md.
www.nonduality.com...

[edit on 17-8-2008 by Maya432]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Have you ever thought to consider that the future resonates in the past. there is no conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
kind of ironic,
its the day american liberty expired.

I also noticed that if you multiply 9 x 11 x 1 (9/11/01) you get 99 which is pretty interesting (though I'm not a numerology expert). If you add the three you get 21. Either way it's kinda odd..

-ChriS

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Am I the only one who completely fails to understand this thread or its popularity?

In fact, I'm far more fascinated by that question then what is being asserted here.

Perhaps I'm missing something in my diet... Me thinks some need to cut back on the sugar....or aspartame....or whatever it is that allows one to get work up so easily on such loose associations....

I don't mean to criticize, but I really am confused by this.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by loam]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by piacenza

Wow, great catch. Although, if it was anything more than just a coincidence meant to prevent or predict 9/11, it accomplished neither. Hindsight is always 20/20.

For an interesting read, you might find it amusing that the odds of that happening are higher than one might think intuitively, it is a statistical effect called the birthday paradox.

en.wikipedia.org...

-rrr

[edit on 17-8-2008 by rickyrrr]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

21? yes, it is odd indeed.

-rrr

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR

I also noticed that if you multiply 9 x 11 x 1 (9/11/01) you get 99 which is pretty interesting (though I'm not a numerology expert). If you add the three you get 21. Either way it's kinda odd..

-ChriS

May I ask, how is that odd? I'm a little confused on where your going with this.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join